Lord of the Rings Civ Pack Part 1: Rohan

OK, so I tested Gondor today and I got one of the same problems we had with Rohan. When you play as Gondor, it works great. But if you play against them, the game crashes.

Also, for the leader shouldn't it be Denethor (The Steward of Gondor), instead of Aragorn. I'm just saying this because Isengard is still led by Sauroman. If not the main leader, you should make it as an alternate leader (via another mod?) or do the same with Aragorn.

OK, so I tested Gondor today and I got one of the same problems we had with Rohan. When you play as Gondor, it works great. But if you play against them, the game crashes.

Also, for the leader shouldn't it be Denethor (The Steward of Gondor), instead of Aragorn. I'm just saying this because Isengard is still led by Sauroman. If not the main leader, you should make it as an alternate leader (via another mod?) or do the same with Aragorn.

Denethor was just a steward, and a bad one at that. Aragorn was the first actual king for nearly a thousand years, and he completely rebuilt the empire to its former heights. As for the whole timescale thing, that's already mucked up given some of the other civvs I'm planning, and it's not like the base game has any regard for timescale either.

I'll look into that bug... hopefully it will be as simple to fix as last time

EDIT: It's not :(

Well, atm you might want to just make them separate mods since you can't get it to work as is, but it would be nice to have them all in one mod. So I say you should make them into separate mods but down the road you should combine them.

Well, atm you might want to just make them separate mods since you can't get it to work as is, but it would be nice to have them all in one mod. So I say you should make them into separate mods but down the road you should combine them.

I was planning to put them all into one big one when I've finished, but for now, I'll do that. It shouldn't take long because I already have all of the files. Maybe 3 or 4 days?

EDIT: Also, then I'll be able to put Gondor on the ModBrowser without getting loads of complaints. AND, If they're separate, you can just turn one off if you don't want it in the game

Here you go everyone, since it seems you can't send .rar files in private messages (I swear you used to be able to), I may as well just post it here.

Here is the second part of LOTR Civpack, still in it alpha stage. The main problem atm is that Isengard doesn't work. It still has the 'Civ Specific Bonus 2' thing instead of a trait and nothing happens when you try and select it (apart from the game crashing).

I hope to fix that soon, but for now have fun playing as Gondor (or against them for that matter)

Neither of the civs or leaders have pedia entries yet, they'll be added later but they're not exactly vital to gameplay

It's not working because you misspelled "Description" in Isengard's Trait XML. Fix that and their trait should show up.

EDIT: Welp I realized that was an old post. If it's fixed by then, sorry. XD

I don't know what's wrong with Isengard. Nothing seems to work...

Is this the same problem as what I said above? Or something else? Let me help.

It's not working because you misspelled "Description" in Isengard's Trait XML. Fix that and their trait should show up.

EDIT: Welp I realized that was an old post. If it's fixed by then, sorry. XD

Is this the same problem as what I said above? Or something else? Let me help.

It's been the same problem all along. If what you're saying is right... Wow I'm stupid...

EDIT: You were right. So the answer to all my troubles is that I thought 'Descripiton' was a word... Thankyou SO much putmalk

And it's still not working...

Is that link posted on the first page the latest mod? I'll take a quick look at the updated version and fix the issue.

EDIT: I applied the Description change and the Isengard civilization is working correctly. What's wrong with yours?

Is that link posted on the first page the latest mod? I'll take a quick look at the updated version and fix the issue.

EDIT: I applied the Description change and the Isengard civilization is working correctly. What's wrong with yours?

Still comes up with 'Civ Specific Bonus 2'. Could you put your working version into a rar file and post it?

Attachments

• LOTR test.jpg
    LOTR test.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 139
I don't know about TheLittleOne, but I think these are AMAZING
I WAS making some icons, but I think these ones are way better!

Did you also make a new leader scene?

And to LittleOne, since I take forever making icons, I think I'd be more useful for coding, which will save you a lot of time, and allow us to make civs much faster!

EDIT: I'm still trying to make unit graphics too, and if you'd prefer my icon of Theoden, I can finish it.

Here TheodenDOM - TheodenDiplo - Rohan-Map

--
Semprini

Attachments

• TheodenDOM.jpg
    TheodenDOM.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 130
  • TheodenDiplo.jpg
    TheodenDiplo.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Rohan-Map.jpg
    Rohan-Map.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 140
  • civ_ROHAN.png
    civ_ROHAN.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 140
WOW. Those are AMAZING.

Thanks so much Semprini, I'll definitely be using them. Just a few things, are the icons in the picture at the right all at 256*256? And are the map, Diplo screen and DOM screen all the right size?

malcolm, you're probably right. I'm not really sure if it would be better having someone else doing XML as I generally like to keep track of everything I'm doing, but I could probably work something out. But once you find out how to make good 3d unit graphics, that's by far the thing I want you to do most, as I can't seem to find anyone else who can.

I'll start by PMing Ajidica for ideas (like I did for the last 2 civs) and then once I've got those sorted I'll put you in charge of probably one of the civs and Semprini can do the art

I thought I should finally give away the whole list of Civs, partly to remind myself, and partly so that you guys can see it:

Rohan (DONE)
Gondor (DONE)
Isengard (DONE)
Mordor (Coming soon)
The Shire (Coming Soon)
Dwarves (Coming Soon)
Ents
Arnor
Angmar
Harad
Easterlings
Numenor
Udun (Morgoth! Balrogs! FUN!)

And a few possibles:
Snowmen of Forochel
Valinor
Men of Dale (More likely a city state)

As for the Elves, they will appear in some form, but I haven't decided how to split them yet

Top Bottom