The Celts

A very good civilization mod. By far the best I've seen.
The Druid and Tribe are both very useful. The UA is also
good, none of the units or the UA is overpowered. There
is only one issue I have and that is with the Tribe replacing
the settler and becoming obsolete. Its not a huge issue but its
annoying I like building cities late game some times.

A very good civilization mod. By far the best I've seen.
The Druid and Tribe are both very useful. The UA is also
good, none of the units or the UA is overpowered.

Thanks for the kind words, that really means a lot to me :)

There is only one issue I have and that is with the Tribe replacing
the settler and becoming obsolete.

Whoops! I had changed settlers to be upgradeable in version 5 and didnt think of the consequence when Tribe becomes obsolete.

Very sorry, I will get this changed for a new update ASAP.

Very sorry, I will get this changed for a new update ASAP.

No problem and thank you. Good job again on a top notch mod by the way.
I almost forgot that hill fort is ok its interesting but I'd
never built forts at all until this. It gives culture and
production and some defense its not bad. The right player
would probably find more use for it. On Prince I'm just not
threatened that much. Good for character and just in case defense.

On Prince I'm just not threatened that much.

I have been playing on King and it helps a bit more, I usually only build two and they can help when founding frontier settlements.. I played a game recently and fortified a spearman in the fort and garrisoned an archer in the city, I managed to pick of the remaining invading horde with horsemen ;)

I have now fixed the mod so as settlers will build again after Steam Power (when tribe becomes obsolete), thanks for letting me know about this :)

Its available on the front page and also in the game mod browser.

By the way your update didn't fix the late settler problem. Unless I did something wrong
updating it.

if tribe is partly settler(as mentioned) then this unit is supposed to settle new cities, right? in v7 they don't do it, there is just no city icon like settlers do have. is it available after reaching some technology or smthn?
besides that - GREAT mod, thank tou very much

GREAT mod, thank tou very much

if tribe is partly settler(as mentioned) then this unit is supposed to settle new cities, right? in v7 they don't do it

I have just downloaded version 7 to check and the Tribe can settle new cities without problems, are you combining with another mod?

=I have just downloaded version 7 to check and the Tribe can settle new cities without problems, are you combining with another mod?

yes, i am. can that be fixed? please, cuz i really enjoy playing as celts.

Which other mod are playing with this one?

I am sorry but I don't know what other mods are compatible with this one aside form IngameEditor.

-

Would be great if others could post what mods are compatible with Version 7.

yepp, the whole range of them. mostly civ packs(hukkak pac, ukrainian civ, nubian civ. also wanted to use TOTAL mod, didn't have a chance yet). i can switch around mods and check which mods are incompatible, if that will be any help.

yepp, the whole range of them. mostly civ packs(hukkak pac, ukrainian civ, nubian civ. also wanted to use TOTAL mod, didn't have a chance yet). i can switch around mods and check which mods are incompatible, if that will be any help.

That would be helpful :)

Looks like the next expansion will add the Celts

Good :) Its long overdue.

I just can't get this to work. I tried removing all of the mods from my civ/docu/mods folder, except the celts one.

In the ingame mod browser, this leaves me with only the 4 DLCs, and the celt civ.

Yet, I cannot see the civ out of the setup-advanced creategame civ selection list-

I can see the respective mod-civ if Ive enabled one of the 4 DLCs, yet still not the Celt civ. Enabling no DLC doesnt help either. I am not trying to use DLCs, just trying to find out whats the matter.

In the drop-down select civilization menu during the advanced game creation, I will sometimes see multiple sets of civilizations, as much as 5x. Its just the list, and then the same list starting with random, stacked under it. Repeat that several times. Its not in any of the lists, though sometimes a civ can be seen in only the bottom list.

How can I create a normal mod-based custom setup game using this celt civ mod?

Okay Reinstalling Civ5 cleared that up.

Now however, when I start a game, I am defeated instantly. Its like I have no units spawning! :lol:

Any clues on that?

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back.

I have no idea why you were having a problem before reinstalling and no idea why you are defeated instantly.

I would make sure you have no other mods enabled, it is still not exactly clear which mods The Celts is compatible with.

The mod has now been tested over many versions extensively and appears to run very smoothly for others. This is not to say there may be problems with compatibility issues with other mods or game configurations.

Maybe try reinstalling Civ and DLC's?

Please let me know how you get on and if you manage to get it working.

Just gave this a shot, first mod I've tried! (Well, technically, the second, but the first one was so glitched I couldn't get through a game... :) For the most part, quite nice; however, playing Version 7 downloaded via the mod browser, I ran into the problem of the settler & tribe becoming obsolete, so that I couldn't settle new cities in the Industrial era (possibly earlier, I wasn't paying attention to when they disappeared). Worked fine up to that point... Interesting twist that the Druids can be upgraded to Knights (though they only keep the 'heal adjacent' ability when doing so). I don't know if this aspect is in your control or not, but I found that the 'heal adjacent' ability was just that; a Druid couldn't enhance the healing of a combat unit it was stacked with, it had to be adjacent; that seems a bit off...

Thanks for a nice mod!

--John N.

Hi John

Thanks for the feedback.

I thought I had fixed the settler & tribe obsolete for the industrial era.. sorry about that, I will need to have another look.

Good suggestion about the 'heal adjacent' ability for Druids. Again I will need to look and see of its possible for the Druid to heal on stacked units.

Unfortunately I am a little busy at the moment but will have a look at these issues as soon as I have a little free time.

Top Bottom