[MOD] MagisterModmod

How do I make the Acheron event more likely? It really works well, thematically, in the early-mid game to give a taste of danger without actually destroying a civ or something.

OK, I blocked Phalanx from Calabim and added a new vampire unitclass, to which I added the vanilla FFH2 vampires (which now have the same requirements as man-at-arms, plus Calabim civ). I restricted them to 12 units and removed all promotions other than vampirism.

I don't know if this will provide balance. But it seems reasonable, especially on larger maps, and is balance really such an important element of a game where you can kill two other civs in the first twenty turns because your starting warrior fought four animal units and now has +60% vs other warriors from promotions?

EDIT: Decided to block Eidolon as well. The idea of a vampiric demon isn't very consistent with what I know of the mythology anyway.

I don't think Eidolon is so far of a stretch as one might think. I mean, you can have vampire paladins or druids. Eidolons would be very appropriate for Ashen-themed Calabims i think. Though, aren't Eidolons just demon-possessed? Being possessed by a demon of Aeron seems somewhat fitting, especially if the two are capable of working together.
I admit to not having read the Eidolon entry in quite some time; i rarely use them. Last evil game i played was as Calabim where i did a 180 to wipe out the Malakim with some good oldfashioned Order.

I don't think Eidolon is so far of a stretch as one might think. I mean, you can have vampire paladins or druids. Eidolons would be very appropriate for Ashen-themed Calabims i think. Though, aren't Eidolons just demon-possessed? Being possessed by a demon of Aeron seems somewhat fitting, especially if the two are capable of working together.
I admit to not having read the Eidolon entry in quite some time; i rarely use them. Last evil game i played was as Calabim where i did a 180 to wipe out the Malakim with some good oldfashioned Order.

Yeah, but I mainly did it to weaken the Calabim a bit more. If it can have suspension of disbelief I'll go for it.

I'm working on a modmodmod here. I've removed the second population in each founded city but made them easier to grow; more like vanilla Civ4. How would people feel about having settlements for the Kuriotates removed, and giving them that extra population? You can always play another civ if you want to expand to the four corners of the map. I just think settlements detract from their 'theme.'

EDIT: Here's a suggestion that I'm definitely not competent enough to implement- make the rate of ancient forest appearance with FoL scale with gamespeed.

Couple of questions for Magister and/or any experienced modders:

1. How do I remove the djinn from the list of enemies that rise to defend lairs?

2. I've edited the notifications for religious revolts, but can't get them to say which city they are taking place in. Only the Empyrean revolt against Calabim does this correctly, with %s1 taking the place of the city-name in the text XML. However, using %s1 has not worked for other revolts. How do I do this?

3. How do I make the severed soul a one turn summon? I've edited them so that this make sense.

All the above problems are solved/negated. Lucian just spawned on a coast tile, on a duel-size Erebus map. Not that important, since he can just clamber onto land (having nowhere else to move), but I thought I'd report this.

EDIT: Not that I'm expecting any help here, but is it possible to block off wonders from civs? I don't want the Doviello building Catacomb Libralus, which is useless to them.

EDIT: Not that I'm expecting any help here, but is it possible to block off wonders from civs? I don't want the Doviello building Catacomb Libralus, which is useless to them.

The Catacomb Libralus can be built by Doviello? I thought, given their lack of a Mage Guild, it would be entirely impossible. Or do they just skip the MG prerequisite?

Yep, they skip it.

EDIT: OK, I did it. Apparently wonders have to be listed above the buildings in CivilizationInfos for it to work.

So Ive been testing out the latest version. I just had the Clan of Embers build the Crucible. Going to see what happens when I leave it alone.

I haven't had any endless turn issues, but this version I have had crash a couple of times on the AI turns.

Shouldn't the Catacomb Libralus be blocked for the Clan of Embers? They don't receive any benefit from it except a little research, and it makes no sense lorewise either. Imagine my frustration in my current game when I, playing Sheaim, got the notification that Sheelba had completed the wonder I was currently building, which would have been extremely useful for me, and is next to useless for her. :cry:

Somnium is broken, whenever I try challenging someone to a game of Somnium I get the following error:

And nothing else happens. After doing that I can't even open the Somnium menu within the same session.

Also this is kind of unrelated, but have you perhaps considered merging my Enhanced Culture Modcomp? Magistermod is definitely one of my favorite mods of all time, but it shares with most other mods as well as the base game a problem that has been bothering me more and more lately: That culture is only useful in border cities or when you have dedicated yourself to a cultural victory.

Attachments

• buggy_1.png
    buggy_1.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 970
Are the Sidar supposed to have all their units be able to cast hidden at any time? That's what's happening to my units right now. Seems OP.

I really enjoy playing with The Children of The One. I really love how it has no magical units and is completely made of people who wishes to bring down false Gods. However while playing with them they always start to feel stale and tacked on. I hope you'll do more things with this really interesting religion!

I get back into Fall from Heaven once a year, and this time I decided to try switching from Wild Mana to this. I never played WM's new civilisations, so only really stood to lose the Mana Guardians / Omnipotence victory, gear, and a few civilisation customisations. Honestly, I do miss those, Omnipotence particularly.

Still, I've had a lot of fun. I played a "everyone's in paired teams" game with Control Whole Teams, abusing Luchuirp + Kuriotates synergy like a complete bastard. Then went on to play the Svartalfar pushing for Council of Esus religious victory. Played a constant war game with the Illians creating Auric Ascended, and am about to start a Calabim/Veil game. Oh, I also had an abominable failure of a game with god knows who, and replayed The Splintered Court as Thessa.

Some musings...

Illians
1. I always used to complain that the Illians were an inconsequential faction. Not anymore, and I do like that, but... my abominable failure of a game had me facing Dumannios, Riuros and Anagantios with Str 8 Ice Elementals while I was still in Tier 1. The White Hand rush can be really abusive.

2. Otherwise I have to say I love them. Auric is as strong as he should be, Drifa's no Eurabatres but is arguably a better spellcaster, and the combination of Hollow Men, Nives and Aquilans add a lot of fun. I can't imagine ever wanting to use Wilboman, frankly, as he was a dull hero before and now the Illians don't need to waste time with a dull hero. I'm also a little uneasy about the enormous affinity on the Heirs of Taranis. And... oh. Minor point. Really minor point. Hollow Men look bloody cool. That they upgrade into Shadows/Marksmen that don't is disappointing.

3. Oh, one other point – do the Illians always pursue Ascension? In my Svartalfar/Esus game they waged war on everyone but I never saw a single ritual beyond The White Hand, even though the game went into a universal Tier 4 stage.

Luchuirp
1. I almost cried over how difficult it is to get Repair. Runes definitely has less heroic synergy with the Luchuirp now, as Bambur never gains it. Neither were really problems, but I miss Bambur and arcane synergy with golems. I kind of like the changes to how Barnaxus gives experience, but... it's not just Combat promotions? I got Mobility, City Raider, and a few others before it didn't even matter anymore. After a while it's like every golem you make is a highly experienced hero.

2. This may be intentional, but I found the only situation I'd ever build a Gargoyle was for desperate rushed defence. My typical city defenders are at least a bit mobile and often defend by attacking. Stack defenders, I need, but Iron Golems defend a moving stack better than Gargoyles: Gargoyles are only superior defenders when literally in a city. Maybe this is fine: they have a role when you're in real trouble. I mostly just wanted an excuse to be building something other than Iron Golems, for a change, when I wasn't. Switching a City Garrison free promotion for Guerrilla would have done that.

3. Otherwise, I did still love the Luchuirp, just felt their golems could get a bit out of hand. Esp. adding in Golems Tracks to get to Iron Golems with 3 moves.

Council of Esus
1. Gibbon has a total +3 Shadow affinity, and seems to always nab Aeron's Chosen. In the Splintered Court, Faeryl was quick to train him and he had 20+ Str before we hit Tier 3. Affinity this strong seems like too much, especially with Religious Mana / Shrine mana, and it's stranger still to see a hero like Gibbon being such a Str beast. I'd give him no inherent Shadow affinity, but +2 from Changeling, to keep his strength in check while encouraging shapechanging.

2. On that note... I haven't worked out what he can and can't shapechange into. And with the loss of Shadow affinity, I've never wanted to. His recon chassis is perfectly fine as it is, and is almost always going to be stronger.

3. Gibbon's Mimic is fine and great fun, except in the ways Mimic is generally a bit dodgy. I ended up with a highly experienced Gibbon whose health I had to enter Worldbuilder to check – and while his cargo capacity was hilarious fun as he piggy-backed a Haste-casting Alazkan (Gibbon Mimicked Govannon's Ethics, then taught Alazkan Haste) everywhere, it's a bit weird. Generally I prefer Mimic-Gibbon to Archmage-Gibbon, and you can get the Archmage back with work, but his Str is too high and I never wanted to shapechange.

4. Agents of Esus are a great new unit, but they're unlimited and each one gives you +1 vote in the Undercouncil. The AI doesn't really build them, either. I ran the Undercouncil with an iron fist. I like encouraging a player to run Esus to get more sway in the Undercouncil, but not this far. I'd remove the +1 vote on the Agent, but add a high priest 'Guildmaster of Esus' (at Guilds) that had a national limit of 1-2 and restored this. Maybe give them something like... a spell-building that gives you extensive new trade routes, and separately a hostile, disruptive spell.

5. The Agent carries their Invisibility promotion forward as Assassins and Nightwatches. I had a lot of fun with this (Invisible Shadowriders and Marksmen joined my Unseelie Shadows), but it trivialised the Stealth promotion.

General
1. I'm not exaggerating when I say I dominated my Illian game because of Letum Frigus. I didn't push the White Hand advantage, and I played a One City Challenge with constant war on a Huge map. Why did Letum Frigus let me dominate? Because I explored it. Over, and over, and over. The White Hand gave me strong enough forces to start exploring it early. I popped a lot of tech and Great People from it, enough to drive an entire economy. The Palus and whichever others would give the same kind of advantage, but the Illians get the earliest opportunity to assemble a strong enough adventuring party.

2. I miss Multiple Production so much. : ( Is there any way I can easily merge the mod component in?

Gonna' play Calabim/Veil next. Tainted vampiric Bloodpet-fed Ritualists look like monsters, if I can survive the early game. Really does look like the early game belongs to White Hand Illians and free +2 XP Valor Bannor.

2. I miss Multiple Production so much. : ( Is there any way I can easily merge the mod component in?

Multiple Production is a C++ modcomp; these are more complicated to merge than Python/XML modcomps and this one in particular modifies some key parts of the game. You would need basic programming knowledge and also a setup that allows you to recompile the DLL.

Early on after building Gibbon he found a ruin that had an ogre guarding it. So he mimicked the ogre. That was a big step up in power that early in the game. And went on to 900 experience points and level 35? Plus all the mimic stolen promotions. But when you get far enough up the tech tree, an ogre becomes an ogre warchief. And so both stronger, and immortal. Plus, if you use Black Mirror, then when the mirror 'dies', it gets reborn. So I have 5 Gibbons.

I have the Steam version of Civ4BTS, and the only version of FFH2 I can find is 41n. Can someone help me get this mod installed? Every time I try I keep getting an error stating that FFH2 is not there.

Strange game. Seems that even though it says it'll take 75 turns to build Tower of Mastery, it actually only took 2. :p

Tried that again. This time it said in one turn that it would take 38 turns to build Tower of Mastery, and the next turn it was complete. :p

Isn't there resources to make the ToM go much faster? Perhaps it's just not correctly calculating it, or maybe you have a surplus of :hammers:
Can't recall ever having a similar problem. I assume you're using the latest version?

Strange.

This city does not happen to have the Soul Forge in it does it? Or A lot of units with the Scavenger promotion fighting nearby? Or a lot of automated Great Engineers hurrying things?

I noticed that Govannon's Ethics disappears when I upgrade a unit. Has it always been like that?
It has been like that a very long time, due to the bValidate tag and the fact that only UNITCOMBAT_ADEPT is listed under <UnitCombats>.

I recently decided that this is annoying though, so I' removing the tag for the next version.

How do I make the Acheron event more likely? It really works well, thematically, in the early-mid game to give a taste of danger without actually destroying a civ or something.

Acheron is not spawned through an event. The event is triggered merely to notify players of his creation.

Acheron must be trained in a city like any ordinary unit. For him to appear earlier, you need to let the Barbarians control a decent sized city early.

You can also force a barbarian city to work towards the unit using worldbuilder, and apply :hammers: enough that it would be completed the next turn.

Lore about Eidola realy has not been discussed much on the forum. There is not much in the pedia either. It just says that they are demons who serve no master but are willing to enlist to fight in any conflict.

The bestiary of Erebus however states: "The Eidolon are demonic warlords who have passed through the training of Aeron and become more powerful because of it. Many are fallen paladins or lead a very moral life that they are now a dark corruption of."

So, they are not mortals who are demon possessed. They are powerful demons who were formerly mortals, but whose souls have been fully processed by the great machine of Hell. They are basically minor Demon Lords who lack only the ambition or the fortune to found independent kingdoms of their own within Agares' Vault.

Vampires are very much alive, but the ritual through which they consume souls for power seems to have been copied from an advanced demonic practice. What Alexis did to Lanthis seems very much like what Agares himself did to Gower.

Yeah, but I mainly did it to weaken the Calabim a bit more. If it can have suspension of disbelief I'll go for it.

I'm working on a modmodmod here. I've removed the second population in each founded city but made them easier to grow; more like vanilla Civ4. How would people feel about having settlements for the Kuriotates removed, and giving them that extra population? You can always play another civ if you want to expand to the four corners of the map. I just think settlements detract from their 'theme.'

EDIT: Here's a suggestion that I'm definitely not competent enough to implement- make the rate of ancient forest appearance with FoL scale with gamespeed.
I'm not sure, but I believe the rate of features upgrades is already supposed to scale based on game speed.

The Catacomb Libralus can be built by Doviello? I thought, given their lack of a Mage Guild, it would be entirely impossible. Or do they just skip the MG prerequisite?

Yep, they skip it.

EDIT: OK, I did it. Apparently wonders have to be listed above the buildings in CivilizationInfos for it to work.

Shouldn't the Catacomb Libralus be blocked for the Clan of Embers? They don't receive any benefit from it except a little research, and it makes no sense lorewise either. Imagine my frustration in my current game when I, playing Sheaim, got the notification that Sheelba had completed the wonder I was currently building, which would have been extremely useful for me, and is next to useless for her. :cry:

It it default Civ4/BtS behavior that a civ which cannot build a certain building can bypass the requirement of having said building in the city in order to build a wonder that requires it.

I would not mind blocking such wonders, but some players might want to frustrate their opponents by beating them to them.

Somnium is broken, whenever I try challenging someone to a game of Somnium I get the following error:

And nothing else happens. After doing that I can't even open the Somnium menu within the same session.
This seems to be as simple as iAggressiveness being misspelled iAgressiveness in one place, in line 843. I'm not sure how it got that way, but it is a quick fix.
Also this is kind of unrelated, but have you perhaps considered merging my Enhanced Culture Modcomp? Magistermod is definitely one of my favorite mods of all time, but it shares with most other mods as well as the base game a problem that has been bothering me more and more lately: That culture is only useful in border cities or when you have dedicated yourself to a cultural victory.
That looks like something to take up with Tholal to see if he would incorporate it into the next MNAI.

I much prefer sharing a DLL with MNAI to trying to merge the source codes on my own.
Are the Sidar supposed to have all their units be able to cast hidden at any time? That's what's happening to my units right now. Seems OP.
Pretty much. They have Stealth as their default race, so as long as they aren't already hidden and have not attacked yet they can hide. This only applies to living units that don;t have another race though. (Satyrs and Soldiers of Kilmorph would not get the benefit, not would any heroes.)

I considered making it instead so that any Sidar unit could purchase Stealth beyond a certain level, but civ prereqs for promotions aren't allowed by the DLL/xml schema and it is not work adding another spell.

I really enjoy playing with The Children of The One. I really love how it has no magical units and is completely made of people who wishes to bring down false Gods. However while playing with them they always start to feel stale and tacked on. I hope you'll do more things with this really interesting religion!
Do you have any specific suggestions? It is kind of hard to some up with them for a religion which is outlawed in all lands except for the one which refuses to endorse any religion.

One thing I could do is let other players train Luonnotar in cities with Children of The One, but make them (and possibly any unit of that religion) always Rebellious against any player that has a state religion. That might be too similar to the Cult of the Dragon mechanic though.

I get back into Fall from Heaven once a year, and this time I decided to try switching from Wild Mana to this. I never played WM's new civilisations, so only really stood to lose the Mana Guardians / Omnipotence victory, gear, and a few civilisation customisations. Honestly, I do miss those, Omnipotence particularly.

Still, I've had a lot of fun. I played a "everyone's in paired teams" game with Control Whole Teams, abusing Luchuirp + Kuriotates synergy like a complete bastard. Then went on to play the Svartalfar pushing for Council of Esus religious victory. Played a constant war game with the Illians creating Auric Ascended, and am about to start a Calabim/Veil game. Oh, I also had an abominable failure of a game with god knows who, and replayed The Splintered Court as Thessa.

Some musings...

Illians
1. I always used to complain that the Illians were an inconsequential faction. Not anymore, and I do like that, but... my abominable failure of a game had me facing Dumannios, Riuros and Anagantios with Str 8 Ice Elementals while I was still in Tier 1. The White Hand rush can be really abusive.

2. Otherwise I have to say I love them. Auric is as strong as he should be, Drifa's no Eurabatres but is arguably a better spellcaster, and the combination of Hollow Men, Nives and Aquilans add a lot of fun. I can't imagine ever wanting to use Wilboman, frankly, as he was a dull hero before and now the Illians don't need to waste time with a dull hero. I'm also a little uneasy about the enormous affinity on the Heirs of Taranis. And... oh. Minor point. Really minor point. Hollow Men look bloody cool. That they upgrade into Shadows/Marksmen that don't is disappointing.

3. Oh, one other point – do the Illians always pursue Ascension? In my Svartalfar/Esus game they waged war on everyone but I never saw a single ritual beyond The White Hand, even though the game went into a universal Tier 4 stage.
It has always been rare to have the AI use rituals well, but I have seen it happen on the highest difficulty a couple times. Once I even saw Auric Ascended singlehandedly conquer half of the world, and prevent me from completing the Tower of Masterty.
Luchuirp
1. I almost cried over how difficult it is to get Repair. Runes definitely has less heroic synergy with the Luchuirp now, as Bambur never gains it. Neither were really problems, but I miss Bambur and arcane synergy with golems.
I guess Engineering is rather late. I think I'll change the Tinkerer promotion to require Construction instead, still leaving it only available for Civilian or Arcane units with the Dwarven race or Enchantment II promotion.
I kind of like the changes to how Barnaxus gives experience, but... it's not just Combat promotions? I got Mobility, City Raider, and a few others before it didn't even matter anymore. After a while it's like every golem you make is a highly experienced hero.
Barnaxus can share almost all of his promotions, but only to units nearby. In the base mod he would give fewer promotions but they would automatically go to all golems everywhere in the empire.
2. This may be intentional, but I found the only situation I'd ever build a Gargoyle was for desperate rushed defence. My typical city defenders are at least a bit mobile and often defend by attacking. Stack defenders, I need, but Iron Golems defend a moving stack better than Gargoyles: Gargoyles are only superior defenders when literally in a city. Maybe this is fine: they have a role when you're in real trouble. I mostly just wanted an excuse to be building something other than Iron Golems, for a change, when I wasn't. Switching a City Garrison free promotion for Guerrilla would have done that.
I'm thinking if increasing their base defensive strength, and/or maybe giving them the Maintaineer promotion so that they can cross Peaks.
3. Otherwise, I did still love the Luchuirp, just felt their golems could get a bit out of hand. Esp. adding in Golems Tracks to get to Iron Golems with 3 moves.

Council of Esus
1. Gibbon has a total +3 Shadow affinity, and seems to always nab Aeron's Chosen. In the Splintered Court, Faeryl was quick to train him and he had 20+ Str before we hit Tier 3. Affinity this strong seems like too much, especially with Religious Mana / Shrine mana, and it's stranger still to see a hero like Gibbon being such a Str beast. I'd give him no inherent Shadow affinity, but +2 from Changeling, to keep his strength in check while encouraging shapechanging.
Given how many free promotions he can get, I'm thinking I may reduce him to just 1 affinity and only from the Changeling promotion
2. On that note... I haven't worked out what he can and can't shapechange into. And with the loss of Shadow affinity, I've never wanted to. His recon chassis is perfectly fine as it is, and is almost always going to be stronger.
The python code chooses the "best" target for you, from among the units on adjacent tiles, based on factors like the unit's strength and promotions. The mouseover help text should explain what the unit is by name and what promotions would be gained. I just found a big that makes it sometimes show the promotions for a different unit that the actual target though.
3. Gibbon's Mimic is fine and great fun, except in the ways Mimic is generally a bit dodgy. I ended up with a highly experienced Gibbon whose health I had to enter Worldbuilder to check – and while his cargo capacity was hilarious fun as he piggy-backed a Haste-casting Alazkan (Gibbon Mimicked Govannon's Ethics, then taught Alazkan Haste) everywhere, it's a bit weird. Generally I prefer Mimic-Gibbon to Archmage-Gibbon, and you can get the Archmage back with work, but his Str is too high and I never wanted to shapechange.

4. Agents of Esus are a great new unit, but they're unlimited and each one gives you +1 vote in the Undercouncil. The AI doesn't really build them, either. I ran the Undercouncil with an iron fist. I like encouraging a player to run Esus to get more sway in the Undercouncil, but not this far. I'd remove the +1 vote on the Agent, but add a high priest 'Guildmaster of Esus' (at Guilds) that had a national limit of 1-2 and restored this. Maybe give them something like... a spell-building that gives you extensive new trade routes, and separately a hostile, disruptive spell.
I don't have a good enough spell idea to warrant adding a new high priest unit, but I will remove the extra vote from Agents of Esus and give them to Shadowriders (which require CoE state religion and have a national limit of 4 per player).
5. The Agent carries their Invisibility promotion forward as Assassins and Nightwatches. I had a lot of fun with this (Invisible Shadowriders and Marksmen joined my Unseelie Shadows), but it trivialised the Stealth promotion.

General
1. I'm not exaggerating when I say I dominated my Illian game because of Letum Frigus. I didn't push the White Hand advantage, and I played a One City Challenge with constant war on a Huge map. Why did Letum Frigus let me dominate? Because I explored it. Over, and over, and over. The White Hand gave me strong enough forces to start exploring it early. I popped a lot of tech and Great People from it, enough to drive an entire economy. The Palus and whichever others would give the same kind of advantage, but the Illians get the earliest opportunity to assemble a strong enough adventuring party.

Gonna' play Calabim/Veil next. Tainted vampiric Bloodpet-fed Ritualists look like monsters, if I can survive the early game. Really does look like the early game belongs to White Hand Illians and free +2 XP Valor Bannor.

Multiple Production is a C++ modcomp; these are more complicated to merge than Python/XML modcomps and this one in particular modifies some key parts of the game. You would need basic programming knowledge and also a setup that allows you to recompile the DLL.
I would not mind you convincing Tholal to include it in the nest MNAI update, especially as a new game option.
I just discovered an exploit I wonder if you can find a way to lock down. Seems that if a unit is immortal, but uses the Black Mirror, then every time the mirror unit dies, it gets resurrected as a permanent unit. So in just a few turns I've got 4 level 28, strength 27 units. That's overwhelming power really quickly.
Trying to deal with issues with the Dark Reflection promotion has been such a hassle. Nothing I do in python seems to be able to remove their immortality in such a way that it stays gone once duration expire.

Tholal used C++ in the DLL to address the issues for Illusions, but the way he defined illusions require the promotion be a racial promotion that heals the unit entirely after combat. I did not really want Dark Reflections to act like that, but it seems I have no real choice.

I also don't think illusions or dark reflections should be able to be upgraded, so I'm adding the tag to block that.
Early on after building Gibbon he found a ruin that had an ogre guarding it. So he mimicked the ogre. That was a big step up in power that early in the game. And went on to 900 experience points and level 35? Plus all the mimic stolen promotions. But when you get far enough up the tech tree, an ogre becomes an ogre warchief. And so both stronger, and immortal. Plus, if you use Black Mirror, then when the mirror 'dies', it gets reborn. So I have 5 Gibbons.
I think the Changeling promotion should block upgrades too.

I'm also thinking of making Assume True Form and Shapeshift remove all those promotions which the changeling's current form has by default. (the Changeling promotion itself would be an exception, of course.) That would mean Gibbon would not keep Channeling 1-3 from a stint as an Archmage doppelganger after turning into something else, so he couldn't keep purchasing high level spell spheres while in the form of an ogre or something. You could still get promotions through the mimic mechanic though, and could keep promotions like spell spheres that were purchased with xp..

I have the Steam version of Civ4BTS, and the only version of FFH2 I can find is 41n. Can someone help me get this mod installed? Every time I try I keep getting an error stating that FFH2 is not there.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

If you scroll down to just below Buboes and Ars, you'll see Downloads, with a link to the 41o patch. FFH should work with the steam version, but alas i do not have the steam version of it and so cannot advise further in that.

Still getting this error...

I unfortunately don't know how to make the installer find the right path for the mod in steam downloads where the default path is different.

If you have FfH2 installed somewhere and working, you can download the archive instead of the installer, extract its contents, make a copy of the Fall from Heaven 2 folder in the same directory, rename it "Magister Modmod for FfH2," and drag all the contents of the archive into that folder.

Top Bottom