Greater Europe - People of the Old World

Progress! I think...

Spoiler :

Anyway, Great Moravia just needs some Lua, which I'll get to later, and artwork for the Togi Vodi, if anyone wants to do that. Also, a hint for (probably) the next civ up after Great Moravia:

Great Works contribute to the Combat Strength of units. Gunpowder Units gain +1 Movement and a 10% Combat Bonus, which is doubled in friendly territory. 25% of your Faith per Turn is added to the Cultural Output of Cities.

Progress! I think...

Spoiler :

Anyway, Great Moravia just needs some Lua, which I'll get to later, and artwork for the Togi Vodi, if anyone wants to do that. Also, a hint for (probably) the next civ up after Great Moravia:
Wow, this looks great so far!

Progress! I think...

Spoiler :

Isn't that fence(?) in the background a bit too modern? Perhaps a castle would be a better bg?

Anyways, as far as the hint is concerned I'd say it's either Livonia or maybe Iceland?
Since those are on the first page.

I'm having slight difficulty with the background at the moment. And the leader himself. Damn. It's meant to be a Grod (albeit in Germany, but a Grod all the same - modern construction, but I wasn't going to get any better given that there is literally one Great Moravian structure in existence today). Any better images for the background are not just welcome, but desperately needed.

And the hint - nope, not on the first page. I'll reveal slightly more anyway, this time for the UU...

Replaces Musketman. Has a Combat Bonus in Foreign Lands, and may go into foreign territories without Open Borders. Every different civilization or city-state the unit goes to generates a large amount of Faith and Tourism.

Not Belgium... something else. Older.

Anyway, Moravia - I'm currently attempting to get an icon done for the Togi Vodi (which Jan has provided some great images for), though I seem to know nothing about Photoshop, which is a pity. I will attempt to get it done, as it's the only way I'm going to learn, but given this is now a team effort, anyone up for doing it? Here is my favourite that Jan provided me with - going by his guidelines, I'd say either the centre or right one.

Other Moravia stuff: Viregel still needs to learn Lua, apparently. I will get it done at some point. XML is finished, as far as I can tell, and in terms of pedias, I need a city list (which I've got a fair bit of already; it's in the spoiler below) and probably some short descriptions of everything else, like the civ, the leader, and the uniques. If anyone has time to write up a full pedia, that would be fantastic, but I'm not really expecting that. I would do so myself, but I'm more concerned with trying to get the code done than anything else, and I don't want to seem like I'm doing too much (which I probably am, considering this is meant to be a team effort), and I don't want to do too little, making stuff too complex for me. :p Leaderscreen is pretty much done as well.

I'll notify you if anything else comes up! :D

I'd do the Unit Icon, sadly the image you provided had really poor quality and my skills aren't good enough to make it look good. And my English is not good enough to write the pedia, even though I consider myself to be much better in it than most of my countrymen, which says a lot.

As for the actual Civ hint, I could probably keep guessing a lot but I give up.
Also,
During war, Faith and Food are doubled in cities
Does this apply to war against City-states?

I'd do the Unit Icon, sadly the image you provided had really poor quality and my skills aren't good enough to make it look good. And my English is not good enough to write the pedia, even though I consider myself to be much better in it than most of my countrymen, which says a lot.

I'm not sure what the best image would be then - a generic, lightly-armoured Slavic warrior would work fine. As for the pedias - your English is fantastic. If you think you could do them, then go ahead, as I have no problem with your English at all.

As for the actual Civ hint, I could probably keep guessing a lot but I give up.

I don't blame you. :p I'll reveal it as soon as Moravia's done.

Also, does this apply to war against City-states?

Presumably. I could only make it for major civs; though I'm not sure what would be better. You're not getting an extra bonus for being at war with multiple civs at the same time, though; it's only counted as "at war", nothing more.

Made a UU Icon, if you like it tell me and you are free to use it.
Spoiler :

Also, isn't the UA broken if it also applies to War against City states?
Just declare War against a CS that's far away and isn't threatening and you already have a 50% :c5food: and :c5faith: bonus which is incredible!

The UA shouldn't be broken - there's a very large warmongering penalty if you do that. So you're only going to get to use the UA two or three times without any justification before the penalty kicks in - I'd say it's balanced enough.

Thank you very much for the icon anyway - I'll put it to good use! :D

Do what JFD did with the Kingdom of France: make it apply to only wars with major civilizations. Here's an extract of the lua of a mod i'm making at the moment which should give you an idea:

Code:
-- Trait
-- Author: Carloso
--==========================================================================================================================
-- CORE FUNCTIONS
--==========================================================================================================================
print ("The Empire of Akkad begins")
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- FreeWarUnit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------	
function GetSargon()
	if sargon == nil then	
		for iPlayer = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS - 1 do
			local player = Players[iPlayer];			
			if player ~= nil and player:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_AKKAD"] then
				sargon = player
				break
			end
		end
	end

return sargon
end

function FreeWarUnit(teamOne, teamTwo, bWar)
	if bWar then
		local sargon = GetSargon()
		if sargon then
			if Teams[teamOne]:IsMinorCiv() or Teams[teamOne]:IsBarbarian() then return end
			if Teams[teamTwo]:IsMinorCiv() or Teams[teamTwo]:IsBarbarian() then return end

if teamOne == sargon:GetTeam() then
				if Teams[teamOne]:GetAtWarCount() == 1 then
					player:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL)		
				end
			elseif teamTwo == sargon:GetTeam() then
				if Teams[teamTwo]:GetAtWarCount() == 1 then
					sargon:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL)		
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.WarStateChanged.Add(FreeWarUnit)

Great Works contribute to the Combat Strength of units. Gunpowder Units gain +1 Movement and a 10% Combat Bonus, which is doubled in friendly territory. 25% of your Faith per Turn is added to the Cultural Output of Cities.

Bavaria?

Do what JFD did with the Kingdom of France: make it apply to only wars with major civilizations. Here's an extract of the lua of a mod i'm making at the moment which should give you an idea:

Code:
-- Trait
-- Author: Carloso
-- CORE FUNCTIONS
print ("The Empire of Akkad begins")
-- FreeWarUnit
function GetSargon()
	if sargon == nil then	
		for iPlayer = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS - 1 do
			local player = Players[iPlayer];			
			if player ~= nil and player:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_AKKAD"] then
				sargon = player
				break
			end
		end
	end

return sargon
end

function FreeWarUnit(teamOne, teamTwo, bWar)
	if bWar then
		local sargon = GetSargon()
		if sargon then
			if Teams[teamOne]:IsMinorCiv() or Teams[teamOne]:IsBarbarian() then return end
			if Teams[teamTwo]:IsMinorCiv() or Teams[teamTwo]:IsBarbarian() then return end

if teamOne == sargon:GetTeam() then
				if Teams[teamOne]:GetAtWarCount() == 1 then
					[B]player[/B]:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL)		
				end
			elseif teamTwo == sargon:GetTeam() then
				if Teams[teamTwo]:GetAtWarCount() == 1 then
					sargon:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL)		
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.WarStateChanged.Add(FreeWarUnit)

Oh, yes. Just as a note, you'll need to change "player" under player:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL) to sargon:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL) . That was a mistake on my part that I've fixed but haven't yet re-uploaded.

Progress! I think...

Spoiler :

Great job :).

Oh, yes. Just as a note, you'll need to change "player" under player:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL) to sargon:AddFreeUnit(GameInfoTypes["UNIT_AKKAD_LUGAL"], UNITAI_GENERAL) . That was a mistake on my part that I've fixed but haven't yet re-uploaded.
Cool JFD. I'll be crediting you for the lua by the way when I release it. :D

Viregel if you're looking for help I'd love to contribute ideas, though my modding skills leave something to be desired.

Alright, so, Spain Split:

Spoiler :

Aragón
Leader: Alfonso el Batallador
UA: Reconquista: Missionaries provide a small combat bonus to close units. Upon founding a religion units generate faith upon defeating enemies.
UU: Gastador: Replaces Pikeman. Instead of a bonus against Cavalry, it has a bonus against Cities. Comes with Cover 1.
UU: Rodelero: Replaces Longswordsman, unlike it, it has a combat bonus against melee infantry, and can move after attacking.

A civ fully focused on the Reconquista, which is very fitting given the leader chosen, it's probably the one who fought the most against the muslim before Spain became a single entity, so it makes sense.
The focus is obvious, Conquest and faith to empower it. It also features a powerful, if unorthodox, approach to warfare in the middle ages. With the Gastador being a sort of Medieval Battering Ram, sans the weakness to... everything and the Rodelero as an answer to enemy pikemen and swordsmen.

Catalonia
Leader: Berenguer III (The Great)
UA: Generalitat: Earn bonus culture whenever you become ally for the first time with a city State. Free Social Policies whenever one of your issues passes in the World Congress.
UU: Almogavar: Replaces Swordsman (or maybe Landsknecht, but that'd be incredibly limited). Earns Gold when defeating units and extra influence when completing city state quests.
UI: Alous. Replaces Farm. +0.5 Culture.

For Catalonia I opted for a civ with strong culture (heh). The UA certainly provides an interesting focus which I tried to tie in with the UU and UI, however I fear the UI may be a tad too strong.

I'm also making plans for a Defense oriented Castile (it's named after it's defenses after all) and a Coastal/Production focused Basque.

Top Bottom