Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Sipahi

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Hussar

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Cossack

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
Interesting results. I use mounted units exclusively for hit-and-run tactics, since they can move after attacking (except chariot archers, who cant move after attacking, and I only build if I'm Arabia or Mongolia). There's only 3 units, though, that can use this hit-and-run ability against a city, so those three units would be my favorites:
1.)companion cavalry: extra strength and extra GG's? That's just the gravy, the meat and potatoes is that the magic number is FIVE. Move one of these units 3 tiles away from a city, end turn. The next turn, 2 movement points to move next to the city, 1 movement point to attack, 2 movement points to exit the range of the city. Every other horseman unit gets one tile away and is picked off from bombardment.
2.)camel archer and keshik: almost identical units that take hit-and-run tactics to the extreme. can attack every turn and never take a single HP of damage.

Mandelaku Cavalry rules, product some of them, attack your enemy's smaller cities and go "normal" for the big ones and the capital. You can trash an empire easily this way.

Interesting results. I use mounted units exclusively for hit-and-run tactics, since they can move after attacking (except chariot archers, who cant move after attacking, and I only build if I'm Arabia or Mongolia). There's only 3 units, though, that can use this hit-and-run ability against a city, so those three units would be my favorites:
1.)companion cavalry: extra strength and extra GG's? That's just the gravy, the meat and potatoes is that the magic number is FIVE. Move one of these units 3 tiles away from a city, end turn. The next turn, 2 movement points to move next to the city, 1 movement point to attack, 2 movement points to exit the range of the city. Every other horseman unit gets one tile away and is picked off from bombardment.
2.)camel archer and keshik: almost identical units that take hit-and-run tactics to the extreme. can attack every turn and never take a single HP of damage.

I agree. Ranged mounted units that can move after attacking are the BEST units PERIOD. Units that can attack cities effectively ultimately beat any other unit.

Mandelaku Cavalry rules, product some of them, attack your enemy's smaller cities and go "normal" for the big ones and the capital. You can trash an empire easily this way.

Attacking smaller cities I guess is dependant on the level you play. Immortal + all cities have a high enough defense/units that attacking with Mandelakus doesn't give you much advantage really even on smaller cities. And without defensive bonuses they can be picked off much easier. Ultimately they don't do their additional job of taking cities much better than melee units (mobility is nice - but it was before GK that it shone - no longer really)

Mandekalu will be better after the patch. Attacking the city and pillaging the tile on the same turn is pretty strong.

You left out the two best ones in the game - Keshiks and Camel Archers (also, if you're including Elephant units, where is Naruesan's Elephant?)

Out of these, I vote Horse Archers as they're incredibly powerful for how early they appear. I would have voted Keshiks, with Camel Archers in close second. In my current game as Harun, I have just finished wiping Oda and his Great Wall off the map with four or five heavily promoted Camel Archers and a couple of Musketmen. Who needs Artillery?

Top Bottom