Any use for Great Prophets without a religion?

Herod

Warlord
I founded a pantheon but cannot found a religion because there are none left, so I have 2 great prophets that seem to be useless.
There are no action buttons available, all they can do is construct a holy site which I dont have the space to do because i'm playing a one-city challenge, and if I delete them they are worth 0 gold.
Does anyone know if I can use them for anything?

You can create a Holy Site, then use the faith generated for a free Great Person from the advanced Social Policies.

Otherwise, if you're unwilling to do that...erm, scouting without need of Open Borders and baiting AI military units.

Honestly its better to delete them because their maintainence cost is the same as any other unit. You'll probably save 4-5 GPT.

The improvement looks kind of cool. Plant them in your fourth ring for aesthetics.

And, if you're lucky, that fourth ring tile will have oil, aluminum or uranium underneath and will be automatically accessible without having the dispatch a worker to develop it.

And, if you're lucky, that fourth ring tile will have oil, aluminum or uranium underneath and will be automatically accessible without having the dispatch a worker to develop it.

Great people structures don't improve tiles anymore. :(

As far as I know, they still improve Strategic Resources.

Yes...I think that is so...I had some Aluminum appear under a Manufactory and I'm quite sure I got credit for it. I don't think it works the same way with Luxuries. I planted a Citadel on Copper....I had lots of Copper and I really wanted the Citadel in that spot. I'm quite sure...not positive...but quite sure, I lost the Copper...???

They don't improve the resource aspects of the tile, but the resource is made accessible for use in your empire and/or tradeable (i.e., it is still a great person tile improvement, but with coal or uranium underneath).

Well, I would say holy site. You can save up faith and hope to get a religion from someone else you like or, eventually, buy other great people. However, I agree that this isn't very useful in a one-city challenge.

A holy site still isn't that bad. +12 faith (from two) over time can add up to an additional great scientist or two over time.

Top Bottom