New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Hey, I like it!

Guess I shall shelf my Great War plans for next year. There is no interest.

Aaaaugh! I was interested! :mad:

Also, I would play such an NES as Luckymoose has suggested. I want the big light brown island.

Aaaaugh! I was interested! :mad:

Also, I would play such an NES as Luckymoose has suggested. I want the big light brown island.

That's an NPC, sparsely populated area of barbaric people. I'll have all the factions labelled and stated by next week probably.

That's an NPC, sparsely populated area of barbaric people. I'll have all the factions labelled and stated by next week probably.

Figures I would pick it :crazyeye:

Well i have two ideas bouncing around in my head. Which one should I use for a NES?

1. SpyNES:Basically you take control of an intelligence agency for a nation and duke it out o the Cold War stage. You gather intelligence, plan operations, and live out your spy fantasy. Good performance results in better funding, etc. And yes more than one agency is available for many countries. I Investigative agencies are also playable.

2. Post-Nuclear Holocaust NES- World Nukes itself and will start over. Map is significantly different. Still figuring out what economic system to put in and I'm trying to work in some sort of research element.

This is hopefully the final map for my 1360 NES and alternate history yet for the life of me I cannot figure out what to do about Indonesia. As of right now I'm considering just leaving it blank and letting people know where there are developed trading communities and states.
Thanks again to Karalysia and qoou

and a helpful guide to India and Germany
Dambadeniya=Blue
Jaffna=Tan
Kandy=Dark Green
Coromandel Empire= Lighter Purple
Sultanate of Mysore=Light Green
Sultanate of Gujarat=Pink
Maratha Kingdom=Aqua Green
Orissa= Pink
Sultanate of Bengal=Brown
Delhi Sultanate=Golden Brown
Sultanate of Gujarat=Pink
Kakatiya Kingdom=Duller Orange
Ahom Kingdom=Dark Purple
Kachari Kingdom=Dark Brown
Kamata Kingdom=Light Green
Kingdom of Bagan=Tan
Light Purple=Habsburgs
Bright Orange=Luxembourg
Navy: Duchy of Upper Lorraine
Light Green: Savoy
Light Blue: Trier
Pinky: Palatinate
Violet: Mainz
Brown: Brunswick-Luneburg
Salmon: Wittelsbach
Baby Blue: Electorate of Pomerania
Yellow: Hesse
Green: Saxony

Another great Idea I cannot persue, only the Great War idea has less enough time consideration for me.

:(

Oh well, lets see about what High School will bring me.
Spoiler :
EpochNES; Eras of Man
This is based on BT and IT systems, as well as the Legacy NESes of various NESers including EQandcivfanatic and others. I just had an Idea and it seemed to work.

The NES is divided into Epochs, which would be mainly ITs with some BTs, and Eras, in which the rules and balance of the worlds continuously shifts.

Example, not stable:
Epoch of Civilization
The Rise of Civilization to the earliest hights.
Era of Culture
- During this era, the Culture: Similar Spiritual, Physical and Vocal actions that can bind various tribes together, like the "Clovis Point Culture" based on big game hunting and the Clovis Point, and such. This time borders will ebb and flow over generations, as man slowly become sophisticated after an Ice age to an Epoch of learning, farming, and warfare.
Era of Agriculture
- First Cradles based on development of Cultures. Using the Faster and Easier ruleset of Jap's NES, with discriptions of the stats, not hard, and with labling of acheivements. Legacy will be acumulated.
Era of Kingdoms
- A transition from the ERa of Agriculture, this is when the first major states shall be formed. This will be when hard number stats start to be noticed, and when different peoples rise under the banner of Charismatic leaders, either a solitary king, a confederation or whatnot. Rules slowly tilt the balance to expansion.

The Classical Epoch
The Epoch of the Classical Age! From the Early Greeks, the Zhou Chinese, to the end fo the Republic and the Han Empire. Similar comparisons are to the Mesoamericans and their rise and fall of defining states. Nations of this age often imprint those in the following ages with their legacies forever.
Era of Conquest
This is an Era of Warfare. Kingdoms clash, Empires form and fall. Culture survives, but is often looted to be placed at the mercy of the victorious.
Era of Empires
Stabilization. Empires form and instead of new states, we have civil wars and vassals ready to tear them apart. Some of the highest of Achievments occur in this era where much land is under the rule of a small group of government, unsteady and waiting to fall.
Era of Decay
Bueracracy starts tearing empires apart as leaders fade. New Leaders at the borders rise and invade. Those with empires seemed to be unable to stop the downfall as people cheat, lie, or just hide with their prized possessions.

After this we the various crades can enter the Epoch of Unsettled Stabilization or the Epoch of Uncertainty(Better name). Neither is better than the other, but both have real life examples. (Byzantine is of the first, Western Rom eof the Second)

Rules will slowly change, forturnes ebb and fade, Kings die and are replaced, hordes rise from nowhere. Civilization evolves as it is destroyed...

This will be what Epoch NES shall be... If I find the time to do it.

EpochNES; Eras of Man
This is based on BT and IT systems, as well as the Legacy NESes of various NESers including EQandcivfanatic and others. I just had an Idea and it seemed to work.

The NES is divided into Epochs, which would be mainly ITs with some BTs, and Eras, in which the rules and balance of the worlds continuously shifts.

Example, not stable:
Epoch of Civilization
The Rise of Civilization to the earliest hights.
Era of Culture
- During this era, the Culture: Similar Spiritual, Physical and Vocal actions that can bind various tribes together, like the "Clovis Point Culture" based on big game hunting and the Clovis Point, and such. This time borders will ebb and flow over generations, as man slowly become sophisticated after an Ice age to an Epoch of learning, farming, and warfare.
Era of Agriculture
- First Cradles based on development of Cultures. Using the Faster and Easier ruleset of Jap's NES, with discriptions of the stats, not hard, and with labling of acheivements. Legacy will be acumulated.
Era of Kingdoms
- A transition from the ERa of Agriculture, this is when the first major states shall be formed. This will be when hard number stats start to be noticed, and when different peoples rise under the banner of Charismatic leaders, either a solitary king, a confederation or whatnot. Rules slowly tilt the balance to expansion.

The Classical Epoch
The Epoch of the Classical Age! From the Early Greeks, the Zhou Chinese, to the end fo the Republic and the Han Empire. Similar comparisons are to the Mesoamericans and their rise and fall of defining states. Nations of this age often imprint those in the following ages with their legacies forever.
Era of Conquest
This is an Era of Warfare. Kingdoms clash, Empires form and fall. Culture survives, but is often looted to be placed at the mercy of the victorious.
Era of Empires
Stabilization. Empires form and instead of new states, we have civil wars and vassals ready to tear them apart. Some of the highest of Achievments occur in this era where much land is under the rule of a small group of government, unsteady and waiting to fall.
Era of Decay
Bueracracy starts tearing empires apart as leaders fade. New Leaders at the borders rise and invade. Those with empires seemed to be unable to stop the downfall as people cheat, lie, or just hide with their prized possessions.

After this we the various crades can enter the Epoch of Unsettled Stabilization or the Epoch of Uncertainty(Better name). Neither is better than the other, but both have real life examples. (Byzantine is of the first, Western Rom eof the Second)

Rules will slowly change, forturnes ebb and fade, Kings die and are replaced, hordes rise from nowhere. Civilization evolves as it is destroyed...

This will be what Epoch NES shall be... If I find the time to do it.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the Era of Culture. There simply isn't enough to do within this boundaries that would interest players, at least from my perspective.

@Yui108 the Mongols conquered Japan I take it?

@Terrance888 the cultures age sounds like the fun we had at the start of my Alternate Timeline Experiment. I wouldn't really bother with borders at all, you could just have tribe names on the map that move around alot.

@Everyone, Daftpanzer has really gone back to basics on his SpaceNES idea (WTH was I thinking earlier), and is now typing in third person for no good reason. How does this look?:

Note that ship movement is to be freeform, the lines between stars are just distance measuring aids. You can always take a direct route, which is equal to the shortest distance you can trace along the various lines.

I always love your ideas and would gladly play in it. Plus the map has neato colors I don't know what they mean! Not understanding is just like being happy!

Simplicity is good, as is that map, very.:)

Some constructive criticism Daft:

1.) The area around each system (or star) seems rather small for putting alot of icons around. Enlarge the star icons maybe?
2.) Writing names for every ship under the sun might get tedious. Maybe just have each faction's ship colored coded with a number corresponding to the ship details on a separate chart?
3.) The sphere on the generic FTL travel lines between systems are really awesome for helping recongnize the actually time needed (1, 2, 3, whatever).:)

@Daft yes they did in 1279.

Daftpanzer the new map looks a lot easier to understand which is certainly a good thing, but please don't tell me that you got rid of the ship construction and prototype stuff as well; that was my favorite part.:please:

This NES looks pretty interesting, and I like all the purty colors.

Daft you've got my heart all a-flutter(ed). Interest is definitely pipped, though I wouldn't mind a Daftnes 2 revival ;).....

Spoiler Rough Draft of some Stuffs :
Peoples of the World:

Caoshen – The majority of the population on the islands and the dominate culture. They share appearances with OTL Japanese people.

Nubi – Tribal peoples based around fishing and small farming communities on the northern island of Oushi. High Kings are elected by a council of Chiefs upon the death of the former high king and is usually the strongest willed warrior and leader at the time. The Nubi share appearances with OTL Inuit peoples.

Nor – a variety of peoples from the northern fringes of the continent who are common raiders against the islands. They use long boats and typically look rugged and barbaric. Sharing appearances with OTL Koreans.

Shun – a people formally from the north of the continent that in a series of migrations and wars brought down the Old Empire and replaced it and the religious centers with their own culture. They are a ruthless warlike people who are ever expanding against their enemies and have made incursions into the south of the main islands. They share appearances with OTL Mongols.

Bao – the majority population on the continent these people were the founders of the great empire that has since fallen. Generally shorter than the Shun they share appearances with OTL Han Chinese.

Islands:

Oushi – the northernmost island in the chain, majority home to the Nubi peoples with low Caoshen population.

Ishi – the main island home to between 5-6 million Caoshen and the center of their civilization.

Hunsin – largest of the southern islands.

Tomoshi – second largest of the southern islands.

Baorin – the collective island chain owned by the Shun Empire and before them the settled by the Bao.

Factions:

Nubi High Kingdom – Burnt Orange
Taolin - Olive Green
Mushi – Yellow
Rai – Red
Sou – Blue
Tigan – Dull Green
Haruki – Light Blue
Miyomari – Seafoamish Green
Humasaki – Dark Tan
Naranara – Light Purple
Yukisan – Cyan
Tayomasi – Dark Blue
Narayumi – Dark Purple
Enshinakumi - Light Yellow-Green
Shintoku – Aquaish
Munigama – Green
Narasuki – Light Green
Fujisama – Gold
Tanaki – Dark Grey
Imperial District – Light Grey
Tokiyuri – Peach
Rukiyama – Dark Blue Purple
Mousika – Light Pink
Mosutei – Dark Red
Kataki – Dull Green
Hiroshi - Purple-Pink
Sasake – Baby Blueish
Futima – Dull Brown
Kokari – Brown
Hiromi – Dark Green
Itachi - Dark Dull Blue
Shun Colonies – Light Yellow

Current Year 1047:

The Bao Empire was the dominating force on the continent for over eight centuries and was a beacon of civilization to the world. Booming population, surpluses in food and peaceful times reigned for centuries under their guidance. Under the emperor the one true religion, Bushin, spread into every nook and cranny of the continent converting more and more peoples and stabilizing the region. Deep into the continent was another issue entirely as the Shun, and various other uncivilized peoples, refused to accept Bushin and regularly attempted to gain control of much more fertile lands within the empire through constant raids and mass migrations into Bao territory. For a couple centuries this was for the most part kept as a non-issue for the empire as the main armies of the Bao could easily hold the fringe borders. Around the year 750 there were a series of years with severe droughts in the normally lush river valleys of the Bao Empire and this caused countless deaths from starvation and was a sign that the ruling dynasty had lost the favor of the Goddess. In the following decades the imperial family lost control over some of the armies to charismatic generals who wanted to carve out their own little kingdoms from the large empire. What followed in the late 700s and early 800s was a series of wars where various warlords claimed that the Goddess had given them the mandate to rule and this only worsened the situation on the continent.

While the Bao emperor's tried to maintain their ever shrinking empire the infighting with warlords opened up more opportunities for the Shun peoples to move in on greener pastures. With sheer luck the Shun were united by a charismatic and competent warrior king in the 830's and led an invasion into the fractured empire. By 850 those who hadn't already fallen to the Shun had pledged allegiance to save their own claims and the Shun formed an army coalition of sorts and struck a final devastating blow to the much diminished Bao Empire. Once and for all ending the imperial dynasty and capturing the holy city of Fushan and pillaging countless centuries worth of religious artifacts and destroying priceless arts. Against the plans of the Shun warlords the grasp of the Goddess on the Bao was too strong in their hearts and the Shun armies eventually began converting, and in order to maintain power so too did the Shun warlord. Under his new religious banner in a mock coronation the cowardly religious leaders in Fushan crowned Laolin emperor of the largest empire that had yet existed surpassing the size of the Bao. Under his rule Bushin was altered to incorporate his own pagan traditions and corrupted the one true faith into a barbaric joke.

In 934 the Shun Empire reclaimed the Baorin Islands and attempted an invasion of the Caoshen Empire but was pushed back by a massive storm that sank a majority of the invasion fleet. The remaining ships were destroyed during the following naval battles with Caoshen ships. The victory over the Shun caused a surge in religion on the islands which had been unaffected by the corruption of Bushin and the Emperor and his court pledged devotion to maintaining the one true faith in it's purest form. However the islands had never been truly united into one entity ever with a few short lived attempts by past emperors to unify the south of Ishi with some success. The problem lied with the Emperors being unable to maintain a standing army to hold the lands, in combination with steep mountains separating key areas of the islands. Powerful nobles would raise and maintain their own fighting forces from the warrior class that had evolved from pre-history warrior cultures on the islands. Peace was regular but there would occasionally be fighting between rival nobles over land, debt or honor. The emperor had little power to stop these conflicts, but any one noble that got out of control would be crushed by a coalition formed by the emperor in most cases.

For the next century the Shun ravaged the continent, fighting massive wars in the far east and south with other large kingdoms and empires. Leaving the Caoshen to sit in isolation and continue to have small wars and other conflicts between themselves. Occasional raids by pagans from the land of Nor became an ever growing problem with both the Caoshen nobles and the Shun coastal cities. For the most part the islands were at peace and had been for a couple decades. Where there is a will there is a way and the nobles all have ambitions of their own which will likely spark off another series of wars on the islands.

I'd possibly like to reserve the Nubi.

Top Bottom