50% bonus against naval units

I've found it interesting that naval units can get an upgrade against land units, but land units can't get upgrades against naval units. Either we need a new upgrade that gives them a bonus, like Amphibious II or a land unit that has a specialty to do so. Artillery are deadly against naval units irl, and should be upgraded to do so in CiV.

I'd agree that siege weapons should be able to specialize against ships. I mean, they are basically floating buildings just waiting to get ripped apart and sunk.

The fact is that any land unit after crossbowmen stink at killing ships. Right now the only answer to a navy is either a bigger navy or aircraft, leaving land units to be bombarded. And if your enemy has some carriers, your aircraft might not do anything anyways.

I've found it interesting that naval units can get an upgrade against land units, but land units can't get upgrades against naval units.

I was under the impression that the Accuracy promotion tree for land based ranged units affected Ranged Strength when attacking naval units. Am I wrong?

Top Bottom