NEW PATCH - December 19

...With all the problems this game has they focus on multi? Really? How many players actually use multiplayer? 10-20%? CiV is a game your supposed to be able to play against the AI, and right now we have one with the competence of a toddler.

...With all the problems this game has they focus on multi? Really?

Yes, really. They couldn't have been more clear about this patch's focus. Since you seem to have joined the Civ community pretty recently, you may have missed the news forecasts.

I'm looking forward to more SP-centric patches and DLC myself, although I'm already happy with the game - especially when played with VEM.

Whats the current version of the game? Is it 1.0.1.511?

Yes.

I'm new to this Steam/CiV thing, so...

How do I know if my copy has been updated? Nothing obvious happened when I logged in. There is a set of numbers at the bottom of the main screen, 1.0.1.511

The set of numbers is the version number. That version number means your copy has been updated.

...With all the problems this game has they focus on multi? Really? How many players actually use multiplayer? 10-20%? CiV is a game your supposed to be able to play against the AI, and right now we have one with the competence of a toddler.

I don't play multiplayer either, but, if you look at the total number of fixes for the game, the overwhelming number have been for single player. A lot of it focused on the AI to make them better at naval warfare, city defenses, and dealing with citadels. Of course there's more work to be done, but multiplayer needed work done too.

Analogy time!

Let's say you own a game shop that has 2 bathrooms. A men's and a women's. In both bathrooms, the toilet is clogged, and when you flush, everything runneth over onto the floor.

This being a game shop, it's probable that 80-90% of the customers use the men's bathroom. Your first priority is going to be to try to fix the men's toilet. After a year and a half of working on it, you finally get it to the point where the water just rises to the top of the bowl, without actually overflowing. Meanwhile, the women's bathroom is still overflowing, and at this point a lot of those customers have just starting giving up.

At this point, you can:
1) Keep working on the men's bathroom until it's perfect.
2) Go do some damage control on the women's bathroom, to try to make it usable.

2K has gone with option 2. And while it's true that 80-90% of the customers are unaffected, the other 10-20% truly appreciate some attention being given their way.

Analogy time!

Let's say you own a game shop that has 2 bathrooms. A men's and a women's. In both bathrooms, the toilet is clogged, and when you flush, everything runneth over onto the floor.

This being a game shop, it's probable that 80-90% of the customers use the men's bathroom. Your first priority is going to be to try to fix the men's toilet. After a year and a half of working on it, you finally get it to the point where the water just rises to the top of the bowl, without actually overflowing. Meanwhile, the women's bathroom is still overflowing, and at this point a lot of those customers have just starting giving up.

At this point, you can:
1) Keep working on the men's bathroom until it's perfect.
2) Go do some damage control on the women's bathroom, to try to make it usable.
2K has gone with option 2. And while it's true that 80-90% of the customers are unaffected, the other 10-20% truly appreciate some attention being given their way.

That, my friend, is the grossest analogy I've ever heard.

On topic, I liked the patch. The save thing was welcome, and I discovered that you now get a notification when a player is eliminated, something I really missed since the previous patch. I might consider playing multiplayer with my friend now. All in all, it was nice.

That, my friend, is the grossest analogy I've ever heard.

On topic, I liked the patch. The save thing was welcome, and I discovered that you now get a notification when a player is eliminated, something I really missed since the previous patch. I might consider playing multiplayer with my friend now. All in all, it was nice.

Exactly, I'm not one to complain.
Even that tiny SP fix was nice.

Ok.. Played several multiplayer games now since latest patch and our multiplayer games are still as laggy and buggy as ever. Great patch. Not.

I played a MP game w/ several of my friends over LAN and it was actually quite smooth even into the 1900s. Played Large size Continents Map w/ 3 Humans, 7 AI, and 20 City-States w/ Standard pace.

Is there any fixes at all for SP has anyone noticed any improvement other than the save files fix? Anything during gameplay?

Is there any fixes at all for SP has anyone noticed any improvement other than the save files fix? Anything during gameplay?

Neah AI is still crazy as hell especially on higher diffulcties

I am playing on emperor now and they just keep dowing eachother and me :crazyeye:

Its a small map but still

Top Bottom