A Total Conversion of this Mod which should be Implemented Upon DLL Release

A place where there might be room for significant improvement in the performance is the barbarian turn. It seems to take extremely long. I'm in the digital era and the entire map is settled, I doubt if there is even a barbarian unit to be found anywhere on the map, but the barbarian turn still takes 3-4 times as long as all the npc player turns put together...

This is a problem with the DLL. I can't help you with that... maybe FiresForever or chrome-rome can. Some features I listed (multimaps, underwater cities) require DLL, but I am thinking that someone who knows better can help us. A general improvement in the AI would also be a part of any mod as large as mine.

Chrome is busy in RL, Fires will be back soonish(hes away working/relaxing in a internet limited area atm and due back anytime), and I am still here as is 3335d :)

New Update: The project is temporarily on hold, will resume on December 21 when Fires and chrome-rome return. I am currently seeking out good modcomps that can be incorporated into this project in the future.

we can wait if half or all of this stuff can be done it'll make this the most awesome civ5 mod of all time :D

we can wait if half or all of this stuff can be done it'll make this the most awesome civ5 mod of all time :D

You won't go through too much wait. There are many modcomps already out there that with minimum adaptation could make the best Civilization V mod in existence. Whatever original work I have to do shouldn't be that hard, except that the UI is a real pain to change (I'm looking at you, Firaxis).

these are the two i'm most anticipated and even curious to see work

Underwater and subterranean cities
Space colonization (made possible with parallel maps, not just "space terrain")

:eek:

I would like to totally revamp the attack and defense of the military.
the current points make no sense what so ever.

Also the game should be made to upgrade its miltary. There should be no archers or warriors or cannons even in the modern era.

An infantry division should massacre a rifle division. You should never see a modern unit wiped out by an crossbow group. (as happened numerous times in the game I am playing).

Historically ancient era units were 10's of people. Middle age units were in the hundreds. Rifleman divsion was roughly 5000, infantry division 12,000....

In another thread on the forum, I gave a chart on what ranges, movement and firepower should be..... I think it is time to give the mod an update as well....

I think it is time to give the mod an update as well....
Oh realy? I guess you only dont read much here, have a poke around and you will see why there has been no major activity.

Oh realy? I guess you only dont read much here, have a poke around and you will see why there has been no major activity.

I think that I should make it clear that even in light of this statement we will resume active development once chrome and fires return. Neither the mod nor this project are being abandoned.

Are there any plans on allowing more civs to be active at once? right now I can only have 21 Civs +barbarians on a map at once, this includes minor civs so If I want 21 Civs I have to remove all city-states

Are there any plans on allowing more civs to be active at once? right now I can only have 21 Civs +barbarians on a map at once, this includes minor civs so If I want 21 Civs I have to remove all city-states

Gedemon has a 34 civs DLL, and the max allowed by the game engine is 80. I have a plan for circumventing that limit, but it will require DLL access, which is only projected to be implemented very late for this mod.

Top Bottom