Gotm17-Carthage Results and Congratulations

Sounds like a safe investment moonsinger. :)

I'm still struggling with the staying power of some of you guys(and girls). But I'm picking up bits of info here and there. Special congrats to DaveMcW who 'blew Aeson's bank' with his incredible score. 41. place, 5 points behind you RufRydyr. ;)

Edit: Wow, 4. highest base score. Too bad I spent my time getting there...

Another Red Letter month. Well done to all who submitted and a big official “Personnel Steward” welcome to our Mac players.

Originally posted by Moonsinger
Congratulations everyone!:goodjob: I see that everyone are moving up the chart!:up:

Ummmm. Not everybody :blush:

Well, another learning experience for the kid. Boy, hindsight is 20/20. I should have eliminated the Egyptians immediately because I never had enough cities to accomplish anything. I was trying for a diplomatic win and I had the tech lead and was Mister Popular all the way until just before I finished the UN and America beat me to it by half! What a gyp. Anyhoo, live and learn. Not having any coal hurt a lot too, maybe I could have kept the lead with some railroad boosting. I dropped rank in both number and overall placement(133 to 160):confused:. I tell you what tho, all those nations better look out 'cause the Celts are coming and they're fightin' mad! See ya in a month!

P.S. Congratulations everyone!

Talking about progress, I became 14th in my first GOTM (Russia) here. The Roman game pushed me to rank 41 (14th in Jason score) and this month I'm ranked 14th again. I won't have the time to play this month's game but I will be there next month aiming to become number 14. Congrats to all players. That pre 1000AD win by DaveMcW is very impressive.

Congrats on a job well done!
The competition is hardening and
I continue my free fall in the ranks:
gotm15 17th
gotm16 84th
gotm17 87th
...but I'm happy with the game anyway.

Originally posted by Phillip_martin
Ummmm. Not everybody :blush:

That also included me.:blush: Don't worry! In order to leap forward, one must take a few steps backward. The more we step back, the further we will leap forward.;)

Not a very impressive game from me, but it was a great learning experience. I really didn't know how to play an archipelago map, and this being an extreme version of one made it that much harder. I should do much better in gotm18 I think. And when we get around to another archipelago map I should do much better since I won't make the same mistakes again.

Congrats to all the top scorers.

Adel beat me for the domination medal by ONE turn earlier! Mine 1260AD, he's at 1255AD! :p Congrats!

Just to add my thanks to cracker and the crew for another enjoyable GOTM.
DaveMcW-incredible! How did you manage it?

Wow! I ended up 25th. That is much better than I had expected, and a nice 10 place jump since last GOTM. Like everybody else I am stunned by the top scorers finishing dates. Conquest in 970 ad, or diplo in 1260 are some really freakin amazing dates. :D

Wow, I finished 44th in my second GOTM (I didn't finish GOTM 16) :D
Congrats to all the players who submitted their games...

And Dave, how did you do it? I wasn't even out of my own little corner of the world at 970 AD....:confused:

I don't see my name listed, even though I was on the list of recieved submissions.

I resent the file upon seeing that my first submission was corrupt. I also sent emails to the folks in charge.

After a few days, my name was on the list of accepted submissions.

Any idea?

whoo hoo!! I got a red shield...

(now if only I knew what that meant... :hmm: )

anyhow, I think 115 out of 180something is pretty good for my first foray into the GOTM process. I'm enjoying GOTM 18 as well, although I fear that I wont do as well this month :( .

congrats everyone.

lateralis

ps, what DOES the red shield mean? it's not something like "most surprised this guy actually won the game" or something is it? ;)

edit:
on further reflection, I've also notcied that I'm listed as a "conquest" victory. I pretty sure that I won by space race. i don't know that it's even possible that I could've won by conquest in that I never founded a city off the starting archipelago that contained me and eqypt. might this be an issue with the fact that I'm a MAC user? or did my save get mixed up with someone else?

I'm stealing Phillip_Martin's job here, but... ;)

The red shield is one of the eagerly sought-after "Phillibuster Awards", which reward lowest-scoring victories (the shields), highest-score defeat and lowest-score defeat (the ambulances).

So, it looks like you got the lowest-score conquest victory...

This is the latest Phillies thread I could find. For more information on the spirit and the meaning of these awards, I'll have to leave the podium to Phillip... I just couldn't resist the temptation to write this, though.

P.S.: Upon reading your edit, it looks like you may loose the shield after all...

Top Bottom