Better BAT AI

Using version before the most recent update, got this erroneous message indicating an Axeman had destroyed a worker, followed by the correct message.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003 - Crop.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003 - Crop.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 254
Using version before the most recent update, got this erroneous message indicating an Axeman had destroyed a worker, followed by the correct message.
I'm pretty sure that is normal. If I'm not mistaken, in the SDK, the opposing unit is killed, then the game checks to see if the unit is able to be captured. If it is, the game invokes the capture unit function.

What you are seeing is the game (normally) reporting that a unit has been killed, after which the game tells you that you have captured a worker when it calls the capture code. I'm pretty sure it's that way in Vanilla BTS.

~~~

Thank you for the compliment. The version of BAT that is included already has the Unofficial Patch 1.6 applied to it. I have to check if there is a new one. If jdogg5000 releases a new UP, it will appear in the next revision.

Cool, thats great, thanks.

Its the Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds that has been saved with mipmaps on. Saving it again without mipmaps in DXTBMP should fix both the flags, leaderheads, and a bunch of other icons. (i think/hope ;))

About the citybar. I got it more centered, but its only the left part that is clickable, which is actually a feature (;)) coz then a city can be both selected and deselected easely.
Well, I unpacked all of the art files, and the Beyond_the_Sword_Atlas.dds is not used in the mod. The art is a series of overrides from Varietas, and they are saved individually.

There are literally more than a hundred buttons, and since the plan is to update the unit graphics in BAT, among other things, I am not willing to spend the time to correct buttons that will most likely be replaced in the near future. As we change out the art, we will make sure that the buttons are saved correctly, but for now, they will stay as is, since the majority of players (that I know of) don't play with low rez textures anyway.

Sorry.

No worries ;)

I just wanted to let you know about it. It always make a mod look more "professional" when the small details are fixed, but these are quite minor (and not affecting gameplay in any way).
The strange thing is, why include icons that is already in the civ pack files?

BTW : Doesnt it get MAFs when in late game on Huge maps and High Graphics? I thought there was a hard limit on how much memory civ could use. Guess my 1.5 GB ram and 128MB graphics is hitting the limits a bit earlier than most systems :(

No worries ;)

I just wanted to let you know about it. It always make a mod look more "professional" when the small details are fixed, but these are quite minor (and not affecting gameplay in any way).
The strange thing is, why include icons that is already in the civ pack files?

BTW : Doesnt it get MAFs when in late game on Huge maps and High Graphics? I thought there was a hard limit on how much memory civ could use. Guess my 1.5 GB ram and 128MB graphics is hitting the limits a bit earlier than most systems :(
I've never had a MAF with BAT, and I honestly can't remember if anyone has ever reported one.

I'm thinking that the leaderhead icons are redefined in Chuggi's Improved Graphics segment. Avain included only the LH's and left the terrain to Blue Marble. Maybe that was the problem?

It needs some attention, to be sure, but there are some other pressing matters at hand that I need to address both in r/l and with my modding, so time is precious ATM. :)

W
There are literally more than a hundred buttons [...] I am not willing to spend the time to correct buttons

Just to note: If you use this way to correct the buttons, then you can easily mass process all of them with a simple batch file.

Just to note: If you use this way to correct the buttons, then you can easily mass process all of them with a simple batch file.
Aren't you a lifesaver? Thank you!! :goodjob:

Two XML fixes for Better BAT AI 1v0:

A bit of a mix-up occurred during packaging (sorry), resulting in a couple of XML files being switched. This has lead to some Event Image errors, and some Female GP names coming up as TXT_KEY errors.

I'm re-uploading a repackaged mod as verion 1.0.1, but for those of you that have already downloaded and installed BBATAI, here's a quick fix. Download the following file:
View attachment BetterBATFix1.zip
and extract it to your desktop, or temporary folder.

You will find two zipped files inside:

1. CIV4EventTriggerInfos.zip

This file should be unzipped and the XML file (CIV4EventTriggerInfos.XML) should be copied into the ...\MODS\Better BAT AI\Assets\XML\Events folder, over-writing the file that is there now.

2. FGP_CIV4UnitInfos.zip

This file should be unzipped and the XML file (FGP_CIV4UnitInfos.XML) should be copied into the ...\MODS\Better BAT AI\Assets\Modules\Female Units\Female Great People\XML\Units folder, over-writing the file that is there now.

And that should do it, except for the blurry button thing in low rez... :(

-LM

Thx, Lemon Merchant. You have done a GOOD JOB!

Perhaps a little bug: Better BAT AI(like BAT) mod will initiate XML every time I run it, and I wonder why these files are never "cached".

Hmmm... They've never been cached for me either, but that isn't a setting that I've ever touched. You can change the game to cache the XML files in the Civ4.ini file.

You could try that and see if it helps. :)

I don't think there's a separate cache for mod XML files. If there is, it'd have to be in the mod's folder I would guess and include all the stuff from the main BTS folder that it didn't override.

It might be a hidden folder, but I doubt it. It would make more sense just to cache all of the files in one place. I wonder if the XML cache setting could be put into a mod's ini file?

An experiment I shall have to try. ;)

I've been having a great time playing this mod :thumbsup:

I've been having a great time playing this mod :thumbsup:
And I've had a great time making it for you! :D

...And playing it myself, too. Fuyu did a fantastic job merging BUG and the AI changes. :)

LemonMerchant I am trying to edit the sdk for your mod and am new to this. I copied over the dll file from your mod into the bas 3.19 files from asaf. That should work right? and if it does how do I tell which files and lines you edited? If the source files are needed could I sweet talk you into releasing them?

LemonMerchant I am trying to edit the sdk for your mod and am new to this. I copied over the dll file from your mod into the bas 3.19 files from asaf. That should work right? and if it does how do I tell which files and lines you edited? If the source files are needed could I sweet talk you into releasing them?
You will need the source files as there is no way to decompile the dll and have anything useful or humanly understandable come out of it. :crazyeye:

I made no specific code changes to the SDK for BBATAI, I only merged Fuyu's SDK files into the standard BULL 1.3 release.

To do this:

1. Download The Better BUG AI SDK from Fuyu's SVN on SourceForge. Fuyu's file release is only the changed files. There are more files required. See # 2.
2. Download the BULL package from SourceForge, and use ONLY the SDK folder with the Makefile that is included in the BULL SDK.
3. Using a program like Winmerge, merge Fuyu's SDK source files into the BULL source files (not the other way around). Most are simply file replacements, but there are some items that need to be merged.
4. Do not alter any of the BBATAI Python or XML until you have rebuilt the DLL and added whatever it is that you're adding. Then replace BBATAI's DLL with your DLL, and change your XML, Python, whatever, to support your DLL changes.

- Make sure to make backups of all of your files before changing things.

I have one request. If you decide to release this mod, please make sure to credit all of the modders involved, but please do not use the word BAT in the title of your mod. There is a great deal of confusion over what is what, and I am trying to make BAT related items a little easier to understand for our users.

Thanks, and have fun. :)

I looked at merging the BugAI into the bullai. The first file I saw that had differences was cvcity.cpp. When I reviewed that file it looked like bull was the more up to date lines of all the lines? Is that correct? Also for any files that bug has that bull is lacking i will copy those over correct?

@LM - Doesn't the BBATAI installer have the code you merged? And if not - can you publish it to save any merge problems? You've already done this work...

Top Bottom