pre-TNESV: Applications & Map Generation

African terror birds? I thought it was emus

I strongly object to the notion that we turned to perennial cultivation out of a lack of viable alternatives. We know what we're doing. :p

Three days to go. Color me excited.

Do I post into this thread when the second cradle is exposed to propose a new culture?

You can do that, or you can propose a new culture that evolves from one of the first cradle cultures, too.

It depends on what kind of biome you want your culture to live in. If you want something warmer, stick with cradle 1. If you want something on the colder side, the second cradle might be a better fit.

I'm down for second cradle, I think. Should I wait to see the map or try to put one together based on the idea of a colder climate with the intent of hopefully informing the shape of the map?

You don't need the map, give me your preferences and I'll work it into the map if the culture is acceptable! Do try and look at Kolseng, Yeokapae and Shurazh since they'll be your immediate neighbors; you don't have to make your culture like them but just be aware that they're around.

Is there still room for a noob?

Tiatus - Dreadnought
Phase: Rebellious Client State [Ekkadey], Rising Monarchy
Military Power: Strong, defensive, organized
Cultural Power: Derivative, resistant to influence, non-assimilative
Economic Power: Medium tax base, high manpower, some basic resources, luxury-poor

Just to confirm, Tiatus is the client state under Ekkadey, correct? I want to make sure I am reading that correctly.

Yes, based on how related your foundational myths are, I saw Tiata as being under Ekkadey hegemony at first before breaking free. Although you and Thomas are welcome to work out an alternate narrative.

That's good, no worries. Something else we'll have to investigate is the political structure of this union.

I'm posting to express general interest for a later stage* perhaps, 'cause this unashamedly lines up pretty well with my current project.

*later because god knows how long it'll take me to develop a half-functional grammar and a lexicon i can actually use to make cool sentences

Glad to hear it, Bair! The update is progressing as well, not as quickly as I might like, but I've gotten through the first several pages.

I think the central cradle players are really going to enjoy the setup at the end of Turn 1. Alternate title for Turn 2: Shadows of Perfection.

Top Bottom