ShadowNES: The Age of Supremacy

OOC: Taking the Rumadid Caliphate.

Awesome update. Though those are some awfully heavy casualties. Whats with that?

To Taurkshia remnants
From Mandapala Empire

Buddhist might has triumphed over Islamic piety. Your kingdom crumbles around you. But let it not be said that Buddhists are not merciful for our power is tempered by justices.

Submit to our rule, and you will be allowed to retain your lands and wealth as members of the nobility. You will serve in our armies as auxiliary allies and will be allowed to retain your faith weak though it may be.

Fail to submit and perhaps we may have to repeat the punishment we inflicted upon you at Multan.

Damn you Skep, I don't think my plan would have come off anyway.

An no offence, but such a superpower really should be controlled by a experienced player.

@Shadow, if I settled a few tradeposts, would that bump my size over from 1 to 2, or will they not effect things?

Ditto Abaddon, someone experienced should take the super powers.

Can we do apps for those big ones please shadow?

Well Chand grabbed it, an he is more than qualified.

why did my forces go down in quality so drastically? I don't think i went over my military basic lvl of recruiting. Also the Ghazi are a UU shouldn't they be defecto 1 lvl higher than my military basic?

An no offence, but such a superpower really should be controlled by a experienced player.

Tried to warn him about this fact before the NES started.

Well Chand grabbed it, an he is more than qualified.

Fun fact: This is actually only the fourth NES I've played in. I appreciate the vote of confidence, though. ;) There's something of an art to appearing even more qualified for a position of power than one's experience and decisions would normally indicate. On an entirely unrelated note, I'm thinking about getting myself an Obama avatar. Responses to While We Wait, hatemail to my inbox, please. :p

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm thinking about getting myself an Obama avatar. [/color]

Sucking up to the mod is a good way to gain brownie points...

Your NES alone is enough proof.

What powerful nations need is someone who knows how it should run, not necessarily a great NESer.

New/Young players tend to do very silly OOC things, ruining their nation. Such upsets of power kinda hands the world to whever was in the other big nations.

Your NES alone is enough proof.

What powerful nations need is someone who knows how it should run, not necessarily a great NESer.

New/Young players tend to do very silly OOC things, ruining their nation. Such upsets of power kinda hands the world to whever was in the other big nations.
I suggest moving the discussion on the pros and cons of having an application-type system to WWW5. :)

Shadow , if I settled a few tradeposts, would that bump my size over from 1 to 2, or will they not effect things?

Sucking up to the mod is a good way to gain brownie points...

You may notice that I was drawing a comparison between my being regarded as competent despite a lack of experience, and the common perception of Obama as being competent despite a lack of experience. This is not a favorable comparison, as I'm basically saying (in a joking manner) that Obama's most notable skill, and my own, is in appearing to have skill despite lacking sufficient evidence to support that claim. I hate having to explain my jokes.

Also, regarding the application system, it's redundant 90% of the time, and still alienates potentially skilled new NESers the other 10% of the time.

Edit: I notice that Abaddon editted his post out of respect for the thread's on-topicness. Hence, this post is spam. :p

You may notice that I was drawing a comparison between my being regarded as competent despite a lack of experience, and the common perception of Obama as being competent despite a lack of experience. This is not a favorable comparison, as I'm basically saying (in a joking manner) that Obama's most notable skill, and my own, is in appearing to have skill despite lacking sufficient evidence to support that claim. I hate having to explain my jokes.

Also, regarding the application system, it's redundant 90% of the time, and still alienates potentially skilled new NESers the other 10% of the time.

Edit: I notice that Abaddon editted his post out of respect for the thread's on-topicness. Hence, this post is spam. :p

Common perception is relative ;)

For large powers i still say yes have applications. I don't particularly care about the "skilled new NESers" When you start learning to fly a plane your first lesson isn't hoping in and taking the controls. You have to learn the safety and controls, all that stuff.

Top Bottom