Farm Mod

Could you post them? I would like to see them too. perhaps even I will agree that yours are better.

However the ones a really like of mine are the Farm Supply and Warehouse. So please try to keep those Afforess.

Well, SuperCheese will have to get some pretty good buttons, because I really like all of them a lot ('cept the Greenhouse, I agree with you there.) :)

Are the farm supply and warehouse buttons from Sim Farm? I know I recognize them from somewhere...

Yep they are from Sim Farm. :D

I see we enjoy the same type of game. (Obviously) I still have my floppy disk with Sim Farm on it somewhere. Good times. Oranges and Strawberries were the best crops hands down. :lol:

I see we enjoy the same type of game. (Obviously) I still have my floppy disk with Sim Farm on it somewhere. Good times. Oranges and Strawberries were the best crops hands down. :lol:

I still have it installed so i booted it up and took some screenshots to grab the images. Then cropped them down.

And I agree. My entire "megafarm" was strawberries. If not for the town I would have taken up the whole map. Sim Farm was an awesome game for its time.

Botanical Gardens (National Wonder) (Requires: Tourism, Applied Economics, & Ecology; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

Req Building: Build 5 Arboretum

• +25% :gold:
  • +10% :science:
  • +2 :health:
  • +1 :)

There must be something wrong here, Australia, because we have 7 Botanical Gardens but I only know of two Arboretum and one of those is under construction. :mischief:

There must be something wrong here, Australia, because we have 7 Botanical Gardens but I only know of two Arboretum and one of those is under construction. :mischief:

Really? Botanical Gardens aren't very common in the USA ( I know of only 1 in MI), but there are Arboretum's in most major cities.

Well, ok, here are the icons I made. I'm fairly certain you'll like the greenhouse better, and I went for more of a building-type look for the Bureau of Farm Management, rather than Hydromancerx's logo-type look.

And I agree that the existing Farm Supply and Warehouse icons are pretty dang good, so I didn't make new ones.

The rest, I will leave to Afforess to decide which he likes better. :)

Attachments

• farm_icons.rar
    80.2 KB · Views: 103
For what it's worth, the allotment system is alive and well in Britain. My mother has had one for over 20 years :)

@Supercheese

Those look good! :D However I was trying to keep the Fairground to look diffrent from the Festival, Worlds Fair and Amusement Park buildings that are already in AND. In short perhaps my image of a cow under a tarp should be used since too many of them already have images of a ferris-wheel. What I really wish i could find is a cow or pig with a nice blue ribbon on its side or something. Just to make the icon look diffrent from a carnival.

I'm going with Hydro's Arboretum, Botanical garden, Bureau of Farm (I'm partial to logo's, and his looks cool), Fairgrounds, Farmer's Market, Farm Supply, Victory Garden and Warehouse. So that mean's I'll use SuperCheese's Community Garden, Florist, Greenhouse, and Hydroponics Lab.

And I agree. My entire "megafarm" was strawberries. If not for the town I would have taken up the whole map. Sim Farm was an awesome game for its time.

That stupid town! The best way to stop the town from growing was to box it in with farms and stuff ASAP. Kinda funny when the cattle got out into the town though, the cars drive right through them. :lol:

If either of you has spare time, I'd love to get sound effects for all the new buildings here (+ the hideout). I can make them myself, but I don't have a ton of spare time for little things these days (I wonder why...) :p. If you can, that would be nice, if not, well, I'll get around to adding them eventually...

If either of you has spare time, I'd love to get sound effects for all the new buildings here (+ the hideout). I can make them myself, but I don't have a ton of spare time for little things these days (I wonder why...) :p. If you can, that would be nice, if not, well, I'll get around to adding them eventually...

Aha, I can do that. It will probably take me until tomorrow or the next day to finish all of them, though; so I had better get started! :p

Aha, I can do that. It will probably take me until tomorrow or the next day to finish all of them, though; so I had better get started! :p

Good because I do not have really any good sounds.

However i found some animal sounds (horse, cow, pig, sheep, rooster) that you might be able to use for the Domestic Animal Mod. See attachment.

Farm Supply (Requires: Chemistry; Obsolete: Environmental Economics)

• +1 :food:
  • +1 :food: with Refrigeration
  • +1 :food: from Long Range Forecasting
  • +1 :food: from Gene Manipulation
  • +1 :yuck: from Chemicals
  • +1 :yuck: from Fertilizer

i personally don't like new techs having only negative effects - this results in eveding to learn them. so what about something like:

• +1 :food:
  • +1 :food: with Gene Manipulation
  • +1 :food: from Fertilizer
  • +1 :yuck: from Fertilizer
  • +1 :food: from Chemicals
  • +1 :yuck: from Chemicals

you get what i mean: not only negative effects form new techs. it's how i'd like it anyway.

Really? Botanical Gardens aren't very common in the USA ( I know of only 1 in MI), but there are Arboretum's in most major cities.

Maybe it is our unique fauna and flora that make each state and national capital have a botanic garden or maybe its just our hidden science (compared to sport) culture. I don't think it is a naming thing ie what you call arboretums we call botanic gardens either. Botanic gardens are open to the public but have botanists doing research in them also.

Maybe it is our unique fauna and flora that make each state and national capital have a botanic garden or maybe its just our hidden science (compared to sport) culture. I don't think it is a naming thing ie what you call arboretums we call botanic gardens either. Botanic gardens are open to the public but have botanists doing research in them also.

In American we have a hidden culture of ******icity :smug:

Top Bottom