New Patch (Hotfix) coming tomorrow

Fixed the bug where the Maya AI didn't have to pick a different GP for each Baktun

Really is the Ai that stupid?

Mine says 1.0.2.44. It didn't seem to auto-update, though. I had to click "play" to update... something.

Mine apparently has the updated version too, but I don't recall the loading process... weird.

This patch made my games a lot worse!
1. I have played 5 straight re-rolled Continent-Plus maps and all 5 HAD CITY STATES ON THE CONTINENTS!
2. The start up screen takes wayyyy longer to load now. Before it would only read through half of the whole paragraph, now it reads the whole introduction and then waits an additional 10 seconds before loading up the map. (Standard size, 8 civs, 16 CS, Legendary Starts)
3. The Auto-Annexation bug is back!!! And that is unacceptable! :suicide:

I will try some of the fixes, but for now...step your game up firaxis

"Fixed graphics bugs when the game was restarted too many times in a row."

Thank the gods and kings! Hopefully this means no more mine resource icons showing up in neighboring sea tiles after a reload... damn bug has been around since day 1...

The new patch causes a bunch of errors with my saved game. As soon as I try to load it I get:

Terrain Texture Error (Texture load failed! assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi_America\\Feature)Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi_H.dds
Terrain Texture Error (Texture load failed! assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi_America\\Feature)Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi_T1.ddsassets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi_America\\Feature)Amer_Cerro_de_Potosi_H.dds
Texture Error File assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\America\\Feature_Asia_Cerro_de_Potosi_T1.dds is wrong size!
Texture load failed! assets\terrain\pieces\Wonder_Potosi\America\\Feature_Asia_Cerro_de_Potosi_T1.dds
continuing for those two files for all the continents

It finally loaded (after about ten minutes) but I'm expecting problems...

Rule of thumb is to not patch if you have a game in progress. Finish that game first, then turn Steam online, patch and then play a new game.

I made some test maps that should trigger the Cerro de Potosi bug. I think I've figured out what's causing it, but I'm curious to know if it's just a pointless error message, or if it's actually affecting the game. The maps will show that.

If you use the maps (I recommend the duel map), you will start right next to Cerro de Potosi. If you're going to have the bug, I figure this ought to trigger it.

Also, what does Cerro de Potosi look like on the maps? If the texture is really not loading, you shouldn't be able to see it. (Screenshots would help).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132182806

It seems to be a Spain/Inca DLC-related thing. If you have that DLC, you shouldn't be getting an error.

I don't have the Spain DLC. And I've played through a few turns and I did manage to see the Cerro de Potosi, so maybe the error messages are garbage. I wonder if I'll see that message again when I load the new save. I'll see if I can post a screenshot when I start the game up again, if I'm still getting the error message.

Thanks for the patch, great to get the issues resolved! Is there any progress on the "farm bug" whereby if "reload landmark system" is checked in the SDK, the game crashes if you've built a farm, then change that to either a plantation or mine - or use a great person to build a landmark - the game crashes?

Also, with a new patch, is it necessary to upload an updated version of a mod on the Steam workshop, or will the pre-patch version still work?

Finally, since this new patch came in, my "get new mods" link in-game has disappeared. Has that happened to anyone else or have I maybe clicked something wrongly?

Thanks for the patch, great to get the issues resolved! Is there any progress on the "farm bug" whereby if "reload landmark system" is checked in the SDK, the game crashes if you've built a farm, then change that to either a plantation or mine - or use a great person to build a landmark - the game crashes?

Also, with a new patch, is it necessary to upload an updated version of a mod on the Steam workshop, or will the pre-patch version still work?

Finally, since this new patch came in, my "get new mods" link in-game has disappeared. Has that happened to anyone else or have I maybe clicked something wrongly?

Based on the patch notes, I'd assume that pre-patch mods will still work fine.

As to the get new mods link disappearing, can you still get the steam overlay with Shift + Tab?

Actually, I can't get the steam overlay - maybe it's something I've done then?

There's the issue - the button doesn't show up if Steam overlay is disabled. I have the exact same issue on DX9 mode, despite having Steam Overlay enabled and it working fine on DX11

Although it's not a huge deal, I occasionally have had (pre-patch) puppet cities that don't build anything, all game... any chance this has been looked at?

Haven't had a chance to play for a while, I just didn't see it mentioned

Installed patch and now World Builder will not load- not a freeze like it used to but a crash.

Details below... any suggestions? Was right in the middle of a map and I'm EXTREMELY frustrated.

Application: World Builder
User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
Time: Thursday 3/14/2013 12:38:13 PM

Runtime: 32 bit

Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Source: System
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed

Stack Trace:
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetFirstModuleInfo(Int32 processId)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()
at WorldBuilder.Program.InitNexusFramework(String sGamePath)
at WorldBuilder.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Top Bottom