2014-15 Civfanatics Hockey League

SuperBeaverInc.

Groucho
Invites sent. Draft tentatively set for October 3. Send me a PM with your email if you are interested in joining.

League ID#: 64423
League Name: Civfanatics Hockey League
Password:
Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cfchl
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Fri Oct 3 11:00pm ADT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 14
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 5, 2015
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Goalie Appearances: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Mar 30 to Apr 5
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I'd like to join this year too, not sure if I got an invite though. If there's room I think I know a friend that would like to join too.

The more the merrier. I have pm'ed my new email to you SuperBeaverInc ;)

Here is to a fun/good year! :goodjob:

I'd like to join this year too, not sure if I got an invite though.

Check the e-mail you used last year, that is where all the invites were sent.

I'm in as well. Draft date is okay for me as usual, but I wouldn't mind 2 hours later -> 06:00 Saturday morning ...and I'd prefer no last minute postponing of the draft :sleep:

I joined a league at work but I don't barely watch any hockey. Only late round Canadian hockey team playoff hockey, and that doesn't happen often. I would join this league, but I think I might get slaughtered.

Anyone mind telling me what they think of my roster for my work league? We did our draft this past weekend. This is going to be my 3rd year playing with these guys and they usually destroy me.. I mean, I've had good wins here and there, but for the most part I'm never a candidate for the playoffs..which I actually made my first year somehow. So this time I actually put time and effort into researching players and such. I think I did alright. In later rounds I relied on a lot of random research and "sleeper" hotlists on other websites to identify and research players. Those who people said were in some way going into this season in a positive manner were marked as draft targets. I also tried not to rely on the default ranking of players, but it helped me easily see which "big" players were still left. Goalies get a lot of points in our league so I focused on them first.

Spoiler :

G Jonathan Quick, LA G
G Roberto Luongo, Fla G
C Henrik Zetterberg, Det C
C Ryan Johansen, Cls C
C Derick Brassard, NYR C
LW Patrick Marleau, SJ LW
LW Chris Kreider, NYR LW
LW Tomas Tatar, Det LW
RW Troy Brouwer, Wsh RW
RW Shane Doan, Ari RW
RW P.A. Parenteau, Mon RW
D Dion Phaneuf, Tor D
D Keith Yandle, Ari D
D Roman Josi, Nsh D
D Kris Russell, Cgy D
D Johnny Boychuk, Bos D
UTIL Valeri Nichushkin, Dal RW
Bench Charlie Coyle, Min LW
Bench Carl Soderberg, Bos C
Bench Sami Vatanen, Ana D
Bench Jared Spurgeon, Min D
Bench Travis Hamonic, NYI D

I know that the only way to get "better at fantasy hockey" is to watch hockey. But I don't know if I want to. Should I just keep reading more hockey news sources? Which ones do you recommend? And do you think I should get rid of any of the guys on my team? I think I have too many defenders and I've been eyeing Spurgeon as someone to drop.. but haven't really done any research yet. I sort of want another centre.. There's probably some good pickups to be had on the waiver list, which activates on wednesday, but I haven't even looked at the player list yet.

I tried posting this in some sort of a generic hockey thread, but I couldn't find one. And maybe joining this league wouldn't be such a bad idea either... I could learn a thing or two. and the ESPN format just sucks.. maybe next year though, maybe I'll have more time then.

We need more players.. and I don't think you need to be involved more than you have time for. We had one or two zombie teams last season. One of them nearly reached the play off. Someone was able to fight him off with his Swiss national team.

It's difficult to say much about your roster. Your league drafts a lot deeper than our do. More players on the team and perhaps more managers in your league. I'm not sure how the scoring is done in ESPN and it seems like there are no dual/triple eligibilities either.

I would probably take a chance on some young and talented forwards and perhaps another goalie instead of a couple of your d-men, given the scoring settings in our league. Zetterberg + Johansen might be a risk at C too given Zetterberg's injuries and Johansen's contract dispute.
Other thoughts?

..I never see ice-hockey either. Not outside the Olympics and occasional games against the Finns.

IMO you should have an extra goalie on the bench... but you do have 2 good ones :goodjob:

I have a guy that wants to play... PM sent today with his email.

So... draft soonish.

Just joined.

I will be in the air during the draft.

Perhaps I can get gogo inflight and expense it..... hmmm...

We currently sit at 11 teams. Yahoo requires us to have an even numbers of teams before we can draft. So that means we need to get one more team by draft time.

Looking another. Stay posted here if you can and maybe somebody will join before draft time.

I'll join to make 12 if I can get a joining link in time. Can't join from the league page in the OP.

PM me your email address

There we go, 12 teams confirmed. Draft is in JUST UNDER 4 HOURS

Top Bottom