Suddenly Guests?

D

dogfish45

I've lost the ability to log in (I can log in and my password is recognised, but I'm instantly logged out), and a lot of users appear to have suddenly turned into guests.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/gsQFw9J.png

I can't find anywhere else to post this... but yeah, it's a wee bit of an issue.

I see the OP as "guest" instead of a member.

It looks to me like new users are often guests, but long-time users are still regular users. At least, of the guest posts I see in the Civ3 forums, all are from members I don't recognize and thus likely new members. I'm not sure if this has already been fixed.

Civitar, a regular poster is suddenly a guest an is unable to post.

It appears that all users who have joined in the last eight or so months are unable to join.

If you have joined in the last eight or so months and are unable to post, please feel free to create a new account while we sort out the problem. Please post here to confirm you've done so. We don't want people to be missing out on the forums over the next couple of days particularly.

The problem is strange. If you go to a thread view (e.g. here) you can see posts by guests. But if you select to view those posts individually (e.g. here) the user account appears to be intact. However, when you then try to open up that profile, there's a database error.

Yep, I'm dogfish44.

Good luck to the admin team who gets to fix this!

The same thing is happening to me. My previous username is Scapegrace. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon. =]

The problem is strange. If you go to a thread view (e.g. here) you can see posts by guests. But if you select to view those posts individually (e.g. here) the user account appears to be intact. However, when you then try to open up that profile, there's a database error.

I'd say that the display in the post view is probably improperly coded, and therefore produces an incorrect result, but only on the display, not in the actual database.
Seems that some DB connection there got corrupted.
If it wasn't...er...today, I'd say that re-rolling to the last backu would probably be the best solution.

I don't know if this is related, but I have lost subscriptions to a number of threads and no matter how many times I manually subscribe from the drop-down menu, I cannot subscribe (or resubscribe) to threads. I thought perhaps there is a limit, but unsubscribing from old threads (from 970 to 946) did nothing. Posting in threads also does not auto-subscribe any more either.

Edit: It appears I was incorrect (or it's been fixed) - my subs are normal now, the only issue I have is that the little envelope icon demarking subscribed threads is not appearing.

I was Mount Suribachi. Anyway, is the problem related to the new Beyond Earth skin? I was able to log in and post this morning with the old skin, come here this evening, there's a new BE skin, and I can't log in anymore.

Related or coincidental?

Same issue my account is completley broken i cannot log into it whatsoever.. :l (Rawrkitty)

I too can't log into my account. My username is DKVM. I registered in May 2014, I had 1240 something posts, and I had a picture of a Double-headed Golden Eagle.

Fortunately, I only had a half dozen posts and had only registered in the last few weeks. And since I wanted to rename myself anyway, I'll just stick with the new registration, though I hope for the sake of those with hundreds of posts that you guys can track this down!

Question: will it cause any problem for us to be using the same email address as the one we originally registered with, if the database glitch is fixed?

I love the new skin, btw!

Fortunately, I only had a half dozen posts and had only registered in the last few weeks. And since I wanted to rename myself anyway, I'll just stick with the new registration, though I hope for the sake of those with hundreds of posts that you guys can track this down!

Question: will it cause any problem for us to be using the same email address as the one we originally registered with, if the database glitch is fixed?

I love the new skin, btw!

I had to use a different email address

I had to use a different email address

I use two different ways of typing my email address, one with a few caps in it and one without (makes no difference to the email), and when I put in the first, I selected the drop-down offered with the caps in the address, then put it in without caps the second time. The registration didn't like this, saying the two didn't match, so I changed the first one to be without caps. I don't know which one I used to register the first time, but after reading what you wrote, I imagine it was with caps the first time, so it presumes I'm a different person now.
:hmm:

Top Bottom