Multiplayer help and tips appreciated

Simcon

Chieftain
I earlier submitted the same question to reddit, but I'll also try my luck here to see if any of you fine gents are able to answer my question :). So me and my friends have been trying to play multiplayer, some games will run just fine, only the occacional disconnect, nothing major. But today we had a dreadful experience that made my wonder if any of the following bugs have been resolved with BNW, or for that matter, if there's any improvements to multiplayer with BNW. Reason for asking is that we're still playing G&K due to the fact that most of the people only have G&K. The game is really good if we get it to run properly, but... today was dreadful. So the following bugs are those that we've encountered (This isn't a bug report, I simply don't have any information to go with it to reproduce the bugs, it's more a question if the bugs are confirmed and/or resolved with BNW. Or simply if there's any good workaround).

• If someone disconnects, and can’t rejoin, they’ll have to restart their game to be able to rejoin the game.
  • If the game freezes inbetween turns, either someone has to leave and rejoin, which only is a temporary solution. The bug will more than likely return in between the next turn. And thus you’ll have to rehost and reload the game, preferably from an autosave (Someone said it would make a difference, haven’t tried if it does).
  • Never press back while hosting a game and changing settings, that’s *bad*, it's exiting to main menu... simply click the "players" is the way to go. Not a bug, but not very logical.
  • Ensure that someone with a good cpu and internet connection hosts, kind of good and common sense.
  • Everyone should use Directx 10/11, supposedly makes it more stable.
  • Standard map size is preferred due to large ending up taking rather long time
  • Random loading screen for everyone, not sure if this happens regularly, or what’s up with that
  • If you’re hosting a game, you’ll have to remove any AI and add them *after* when all the human player have joined. Otherwise this could interfere with the joining of Human players.

To put it simple, has any of these issues been resolved with BNW? Are there any common multiplayer issues with BNW that potentially could break our game if we all upgrade and try to play BNW? We tried playing a game today with seven players in total, but we never made it further than turn 56 due to issues. Had at least six disconnects and players had problems when they tried rejoining. One time we got stuck in between turns and were forced to rehost.

In the end people simply started to drop off and leave due to it simply not being fun anymore. Really can't blame them. So I really would appreciate any help when it comes to getting a good and stable multiplayer experience, since it's really good once you get it working.

Top Bottom