New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Is it a worldmap or just a mediterranean map....kalthazar already has an ancient nes, but with just a mediterranean map.

I wanted just a med or rather just a European map... However if there's one out there I'd wait....

Summer is almost upon us and there's an influx of new NESes. I'm still working on my 1828 althis. I have some 30 nations to still research and the map to do. At this rate it is going to take quite a while to finish, so I was thinking of starting a fresh-start instead. I'll have the time to update, but I'll be able to kick it off quite a bit sooner. I also have an idea.

I'd like to focus more on trade than usual. I am thinking of spreading resources out and adding a statline called...well... resources. This would mean that without iron there'll be no iron-equipped military... unless you trade for it. You'd still be able to make archers of course. Later we would have oil and other elements could be horses. Horses could off course be bred later on.

Some areas would be rich in resources, whilst others might support larger populations and thus have more troops. Would this work or overcomplicate things?

Also, military is usually just infantry and navy, every now and then with horses added. Would a system consisting of say swordsmen, spearmen, archers and cavalry be useful or too complex? We could make it come in a normal version and a heavier version, the heavy costing slightly more to recruit. I will increase the income as well to compensate saying that normal economy might give you maybe 10 spending points.

Finally, if I do this... shall I make my own map starting out with a cradle or just a regular earth map?

Or, alternatively... should I just do what I bloody please? :p

I like the idea...trade should have much more influence in a NES than it does currently.

Don't use an Earth map! Don't care about cradle (it might actually make sense not to do it, so people are in different places and have different resources), but use a random map.

Increasing spending points sounds good, but you need to increase the cost of Education, Training, Culture, etc... see Kamilian's NES for ideas on that.

jalapeno_dude said:
I like the idea...trade should have much more influence in a NES than it does currently.

Don't use an Earth map! Don't care about cradle (it might actually make sense not to do it, so people are in different places and have different resources), but use a random map.

Increasing spending points sounds good, but you need to increase the cost of Education, Training, Culture, etc... see Kamilian's NES for ideas on that.

Naturally. The cost for education etc needs to be higher if the military costs will be diverse. Just leaving them at one would mean that someone could go from Stone Age to Nuclear Age in 3 updates :p

A random map... I'll have to design one then :) Or if someone has a blank one I can fill out with mountains, rivers, hills etc, then that would be nice as well :)

Or maybe just go with the map of Westeros? ;)

What have people done in terms of magic NESes? Have there been any really succesful one not run by Iggy or SS? And could someone link me if there is?

I have an idea for a NES, but i'm going to wait a little bit, so i can get everything down pat, and so the NES flood slows down.

Erik Mesoy's NES. It was awesome, then Erik didn't update.

I had an awesome undead horde. Crushing the Bersians, forcing further and further into civilization, killing Azash... ah, that was fun.

Can you link me?

And also, In my theoretical nes, i was thinking about allowing different races, such as Elves, Goblins, Gnomes, Dwarfs, Orcs, Ogres...

But how do people think i should handle a)What races people can be, because there are millions of fanatsy races, b) Should th different Races get bonuses, hinderances, and c) Race relations?

Hazzabout we make our own races, ala DisNES- Multisapiea. Only simplified.

I'm still upset that NES never took off. Although I failed in my oath to hassle Dis for the rest of eternity until he started that NES. ;)

Linky

An idea that i've been brainstorming for a while, i called it "Age of the Conquistadores".
1494, The Treaty of Tordesillas has divided the world in two, awarding the Americas to the Spanish and Africa and Asia to the Portuguese.
With the Reconquista of spain completed and the new Economienda Laws many Spanish Hidalgo's decided to seek fortune in the new world, under the Laws of the Economienda they could gain great ritches and land for themselves and the spanish crown.

The game would be played on a map showing only the americas, with Cuba as a base of operation the Conquistadores (players) would launch expeditions to seek riches, or to "expand" the Spanish colonies by annexing indian lands. the Conquistadores would rule these lands themselves, in the name of the spanish crown, and would be able to attack indians and other conquistadores to expand them, they would have to pay taxes regularly and could declare independence and name themselves king, despot or whatever (though that would be VERY difficoult untill later in the game)

i like that ant war idea, black ants, red ants, carpenter ants with air strikes, fire ants with cannons, bullet ants that are like trolls.

@Dreadnought: you might want to check this out.

Gnomes, interresting. Might use that map type...but this is better. its a war NES, but its ants - millions of ants. you have armies of billions of soldiers. millions die in one battle alone. The POWER OF ANTS

Top Bottom