Computer fry

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Sorry to say this guys, but my hard drive fried last night and I've lost all my AoD work. I had no backups or anything so I've lost all source code.

Looks like Age of Discovery II is finished. :(

Oh my God!

I think I have a backup of all AoD versions somewhere. No core DLL though, does it help?

Forget AoD 2 for now. :)

Maybe after some months you may want to do some more modding.

Oh, and if that's the end. I have to say AoD2 was probably the happiest gaming time I've had since 1995... Pleasure playing what you created. :)

BIG, BIG thanks to you for everything.

Our only hope is that it's April 1 in Melbourne.

If that's not it, sad thanks.

Bloody hell, it's April fool's day indeed!!!

Day starts from the far east... Hahahahaha!!! Wait and see what will happen to you, if we ever play PBEM for that!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Now get on back on work, 'cause REF shrinks!

I wish it were so, but it's a sad truth. :(

I've plugged the HDD into this desktop PC and I'm trying to fix the bad sectors. It's gunna take hours (500 GB drive).

I'm not convinced that isn't a april joke too. :) Isn't source code included in AOD2 release?

:: looks around :: still likes to think it's April fool's day ::

I've also found my back up. I have kept a history of all AoD2 releases including DLLs and CvGameCoreDLL files released since AoD v1.02. :)

Don't we have everything?

He posted this at 10:35am (April 1) Melbourne time, so it is still very possibly an April Fools Day joke.
With the exception of the SDK files, everything vital can be recovered by just downloading the mod from Apolyton.

this makes no sense Dale.

Your pc fries on april 1st and the first thing you do is posting here? When my pc was fried, it took me some while to recover things and get back online :p

I'm not sure about you, but I have several machines capable of accessing the internet. If this is legit, I would have done the same thing in his position.

EDIT: Further reason to think this is a joke, it that Dale posted in China Screen v1.0 as though it were business as usual just two minutes before making this topic.

Aye.. Then why isn't this thread stickied?

EDIT: Further reason to think this is a joke, it that Dale posted in China Screen v1.0 as though it were business as usual just two minutes before making this topic.

At least he was smart enough to not do it the other way around. :p

Maybe Prince Myshkin is involved, he still is trying to lure us into believing dale's story.

Funny how, of all 365 days your computer could have picked to die, it chose April, 1st...

Top Bottom