Download and Current Changelog

No hotfixes, no patches yet? Or do all the improvments of the testing-phase of 1.3 test version come with 1.4?

Greez,

Tschuggi

As they said: Working on it. SpawnGroups will be a largescale rewrite of the Orcish barbarians, it takes time.

Needed tags are modular? I thought they were included with the building and civic xmls. Or what tags exactly are you speaking of?

I meant that they can be modified via a module, which allows you to keep your changes/additions separate from the core files of the mod... Makes it easy to add/remove them if you wish.

Those tags are in the building and civic ( and unit and religion i think) xml indeed, but those xml tags can be modifed through modules. If you need an example of how modules work, look at the Mekara Order one.

Correct, Building, Civic, Unit, and Religions.

My understanding of the Mekkara Order files is that they add something in that isn't coded for anywhere else. But if I were to make a new module with copies of the Civic and Building XMLs, would it override the main one, or just cause a conflict?

Edit: Also, what is the difference between Ethical Alignment Modifier and Ethical Alignment Shift?

Adding something new via a module is very easy.

Adding something new to existing entries (existing civics, for example) is just as easy. Check the BuildXP module; It effects every single build order in the game, but is extremely small.

Changing something in existing entries works literally the same exact way.

However, removing something is a bit different; have to set the bForceOverwrite tag and then list the entire entry. That said, still simple. And what you intend just means adding tags to existing entries, so it's a very basic module. ;)

On the alignment tags: Ethics = Law/Chaos. Tags for both alignment axes are the same, the Law/Chaos axis just has Ethical at the front.

For the exact tags:

• iEthicalAlignmentModifier / iAlignmentModifier
    • Instant, one time effects. These are the 'old' style tags.
  • iEthicalAlignmentShiftModifier / iAlignmentShiftModifier
    • This is for the perturn effects. It determines the exact amount that it effects your alignment each turn (ex: Set to 5, it increments your alignment by 5 each turn)
  • iEthicalAlignmentShift / iAlignmentShift
    • This is also for the perturn effects. It determines the cap that this specific item can affect alignment to. (ex: Set to 250, the civic can only modify alignment each turn until it is 250 or greater, at which point the building 'deactivates'.

Alignmentshift will move you towards Alignmentshift, by AlignmentShiftModifier, only if your alignment is "worse" than what Alignmentshift says. If Alignmentshift says you should be good at X and you are further towards good nothing happens. This is checked every turn.

AlignmentModifier is a one time thing, when the unit/building/whatever is done. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention, I noticed that it's bugged. Currently it will only work if the value is positive for units and buildings. Will fix it.

*edit*
Didn't notice the new page.

Thanks, guys. Is there a shift function for normal alignment, too?

One final question: Do the shift tags work in Civics, or just Religions?

I am running the entire computer as an administrator. I did as you suggested (and I appreciate the help), but the launcher still does nothing. It comes up, I launch, it disappears (small white box appears and disappears in under a second) and... nothing.

I have played the various other RifE versions on other computers and am aware of the lag before loading (although the 20 minutes mentioned by another poster was a new one).

I pulled up the task manager to watch for BTS just in case I might be experiencing some kind of uber-lag, but BTS never goes into the task manager.

Other ideas?

Did your issue ever get fixed, Lord Kahd? I just got a new computer and the EXACT same thing is happening. Launcher pulls up, I try to run a game of RiFE and it just craps out. The Civ IV loading box pulls up for literally 1-3 seconds and it just stops. At first it was giving an error for Microsoft to get more info about, but it won't do that anymore. And no, Civ IV or BTS are NOT in the task manager processes.

Okay, got it up and running.

Thanks to the chatroom folks Valkrionn, shoggi, Jheral, et al.

Was a silly mental error on my part: wasn't the most up-to-date BTS version. Damn you 3.19!

Thanks again.

I sense that this "hotfix" 1.3.1 would be another major release (1.3.5) or I'm wrong?
Aren't top priority bugs supposed to be fixed in a quick "hotfix" rather than a "larger patch" that takes more time?

I sense that this "hotfix" 1.3.1 would be another major release (1.3.5) or I'm wrong?
Aren't top priority bugs supposed to be fixed in a quick "hotfix" rather than a "larger patch" that takes more time?

It was never intended as a hotfix? If it were, it would have been solely bug fixes, not balance changes.

1.31 will be principally tweaks to Health, and the addition of SpawnGroups. Bug fixes will of course come with it, but they are not the main point of the patch; Balance changes are.

Speaking of health, I seem to be gaining 2 unhealth per population point. Is this WAD?

It came as somewhat of a surprise to me. What was the rationale behind this change?

It came as somewhat of a surprise to me. What was the rationale behind this change?

Two reasons as far as I can tell.

1. The RifE team wanted to introduce a dynamic and interesting mechanic to limit city size and growth to something more believable for a fantasy setting. Since the unhealthy system was already in place in Civ 4 it made sense to expand that further. Seems all modmods want to slow down expansion. Orbis have 3 food per population and Wildmana is about to limit the amount of tiles that can be worked.

2. Valkrionn might consider the invention of soap to be against the princess rule. "Reality stinks!"

I concure.
the aim seems to be to
1) limite cities growth rate, especially early game,
2) reduce overall city sizes in mid-end game.

What did you say they want to do in WM?

Top Bottom