WWII PBEM - Tora

My guess is 10 MB is the max size. It's a Hotmail account.

I could bypass the Norton page block, but I'm usually reluctant to do so...

Does everyone else have the mod downloaded and running already?

My guess is 10 MB is the max size. It's a Hotmail account.

I could bypass the Norton page block, but I'm usually reluctant to do so...

Does everyone else have the mod downloaded and running already?

I am getting the same exact errors you are getting, although I haven't tried again since Sunday. Yes 10 MB is my max as well, i'm also hotmail. 200+ MB is way too much for any email program.

And you have tried also the mediafire links?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?thnw2mssm1uy1p8
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3haghfi18xqfk73

I don't get any such message but if there is a safety problem with the link you should report it to the Civfanatics administrators so that they can remove or fix it. I will try to get some advise relating this issue. It might not be so easy to explain because it doesn't happen to me (I don't use Norton). I hope I don't have a weak protection!!!

I have ran the anti-virus and all seems fine... but I would be reluctant to bypass any warnings from Norton as well...

I could break down the file to about 3/4 100Mb files but to 10Mb it's just a lof of files!

So... we are stuck in a standoff... any suggestions?

EDIT:
AVG 30-day site report for gamefront.com
Surf with caution
During the last 7 days potentially active threats were detected on a subdomain. However, no threats were detected on the main site.

It looks like those mediafire links worked for me but I dont have the program to open those weird zip files. Is there a way to put the .exe on the mediafire site?

The second zip file downloaded from mediafire, but the first is very slow and has had to be restarted once so far...

I was able to download the mediafire links, extract them with 7-Zip, and to load the mod in game. So I'm all set to go... I think. ;)

I must have the wrong scenario. There is no world wrap. I couldn't find Japan. The US is just the east coast (Chicago and east). I couldn't find any Infantry III units.

Does this look right?
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 331
Oh no, not Eclipse. ;)

Edit; War without Espionage??? Thats like driving without Guidance

It will be like the old Vanilla days, right? I think we'll still be able to build spies. We just won't be able to use :espionage: to wreak havok which suits my play style just fine.

EDIT: Where does everybody stand with getting the mod installed?

Hello to you too Mitchum :hatsoff:
I'm a bit confused where it goes in my "Steam" version.
the download and extract went fine

Second question barely related; I want to play BTS steam version when WiFi is unavailable, currently to play on offline mode you must connect to steam first :huh:

Sorry for double posting

It works great!

@Luthor_Saxburg
Therefore I really don’t know if the scenario is balanced or not. Nor I know a lot of the details of the MOD. It might very well be that, after a few turns, we realize that the game did not have a fair start…
Because of this I suggest "Prince"

It will be like the old Vanilla days, right? I think we'll still be able to build spies. We just won't be able to use to wreak havok which suits my play style just fine.
That would make a "Spy" no better than a "Scout". I'm no History buff but I think Espionage
was widely used by every Warring Nation. anyway thats my opinion, maybe the creator has notes on Espionage

I seem to have successfully downloaded and installed the exe. How do I test whether it's working? I've never played a mod before.

Is it load scenario, or load save, or what?

I seem to have successfully downloaded and installed the exe. How do I test whether it's working? I've never played a mod before.

Is it load scenario, or load save, or what?

MP/Play by email/new scenario= 2nd scenario down "Global"

Note, sometimes Player #1 must create the game.

Sign me up.
Wellcome Eclipse to the rich (but a bit vulnerable at start) Commonwealth! :)

Edit; War without Espionage???
The problem is that espionage is too strong in BtS... after a while you can see all the cities productions, all the units inside the enemy cities... too much!!! Where is the surprise in that?

I wish there would be an option of semi-espionage (some espionage but not so revealing as the current one)... but there isn't... so I think that the option of no espionage is less bad...

Please send me your emails (the ones that didn't yet) and raise any disagreements with the Settings\House Rules... is there anything you'd propose to change? Espionage? Victory conditions? Let's discuss before the game starts and not after. If there are no issues I'll assume you agree with it all!

I'm fine with the settings. Just be sure that the Germans have a handful of bazookas and a tank or 500 in each city before we start! :D

My e-mail address is: mitchkettrick at hotmail dot com.

We should all have each other's e-mail addresses for the more clandestine side of diplomacy. ;) So, if you want to protect your e-mail address, please be sure to PM it to everyone.

My bad, I never went and tried the download last night. I should be able to download and test it all out either tonight or at worst tomorrow morning.

Also: Eclipse is the English? Oh no... he's going to come crying for the USA's help within about 3 turns! :lol: jk

Lastly, my email is amatczak1 at hotmail... my suggestion to the game creator is to send a mass email to everyone in the game at the start so we can have them available to us.

Top Bottom