Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner masks his racism towards Arabs by pretending to be naive.

Winner is just sick of people who use the R-word wrongly to insult opponents.

He claims that the only way of solving Israeli-Palestinian problem is, well, giving all the Palestine (and Golan Heights, and Shebaa) to israel, and none other than destroying Palestinians altogether, by expulsing them and making them assimilate.

That's a patent and vile lie, Squonk. I have always said that the acceptable way is to transfer the population, I have never said it should be destroyed or force-assimilated. If you say otherwise, quote me on that and we can discuss it, otherwise I expect your apology.

That is not only one-sided, but also short-sighted and clearly dumb. I won't discuss the first part, why is it unfair towards Palestinians etc, because it's obvious.
What may not seem obvious is why it won't solve anything.

It's not dumb just because you don't like it. It's a radical solution, but an effective one - a solution which would end the acute phase of the conflict.

First, it will not solve problem, but export it outside Israel's borders.

Which is an achievement in itself. Furthermore, I didn't say it will end the conflict, it will just help to end it in a long term.

People wanting revenge on Israel, people wanted it to perish won't disappear, instead they will grow tenfold, among palestinian and other arab and muslim populations.

Your claim, nothing more, nothing less. Since some 99% of Arabs want to destroy Israel already, it would make much difference.

It will increase the pressure on neighbour lands not to sign deals with Israel. It will destabilise them internally.

Israel couldn't care less if some governments don't sign an official peace treaty. Israel isn't threatened as much by conventional attack from neigbouring countries, it is threatened by unconventional warfare and the demographic bomb.

It will make open borders between Israel and arab countries completely impossible for a century or more.

A low price for lasting peace withing Israel and the annexed territories.

It will make Israel lose any support it has not among western nations, apart perhaps for people of Winner's kind.

Stop talking about me as if I wasn't here, Squonky, it's rather lame. Israel doesn't have much support in the West anyway, so it could hardly get any worse. In the end, Western nations would simply accept it as a final solution to the problem and move on, like they always do. There would be fallout and a lot of anger in the Islamic world, but Israel can live with that, just as it lived with it for the past 60 years.

It can't live with a rapidly growing impoverished and increasingly radicalized hostile population within its borders which is hell bent on destroying the state of Israel. It's a recipe for a catastrophe much worse than a tranfer of 3 million Palestinians to other Arab countries could be.

Still talking about that unrealistic scenario?
Even Israel wouldnt try anything of the kind ;)

And this is a thread about maps, so dont go off-topic :)

I wouldn't if someone wasn't falsely accusing me.

And the final map of Israel will look similar to that one - wanna bet? :D Let's set up a deadline - 50 years should be enough and it's well within our realistic lifespan :)

So you would drive the Palestinians out of Palestine?

I'd transfer the Arab population of Israel and the occupied territories to some more culturally compatible region in the Arab world. Compensations would be given for the expropriated land if the Palies were interested.

Here's a map of China. Green is plurality Uighur, orange is majority Tibetan, and the red is varying degrees of majority Han. The area shown by the black line labeled Han China is all 90% Han provinces. Inner Mongolia is 80% Han. The "Frontier West and Southwest" is from 60 to 80% Han.

EDIT: I accidentally included Ningxia in Inner Mongolia. They are c. 60% Han and c. 35% Hui, so I guess they're "Huistan"

I wouldn't if someone wasn't falsely accusing me.

And the final map of Israel will look similar to that one - wanna bet? :D Let's set up a deadline - 50 years should be enough and it's well within our realistic lifespan :)

I'd transfer the Arab population of Israel and the occupied territories to some more culturally compatible region in the Arab world. Compensations would be given for the expropriated land if the Palies were interested.

I disagree, the final map of Israel will be a giant crater most likely.

That's what it seems like he's asking for. Makes perfect sense, don't it?

Yes, it does. Israelis and Palies can't live in peace on that tiny piece of land in peace. It's about time we admit that as a fact after 60 years of constant warfare and terrorism.

The easiest and most humane solution is - logically - to separate both groups. Since it can't be done properly within the area of Israel/West Bank, it's necessary to tranfer one group to some other location. Given the fact that there are fewer Palestinians than Israelis, they're much less developed and there are plenty of ethnically similar Arab countries in the neigborhood they can move to, it logically follows that the group that should be tranferred is them.

Israel would finally get a defendable borders and enough land to allow its long-term survival in the hostile region.

Showing Chinese expansion by dynasty. The darker the color, the later the conquest. Not counting Yuan, as then the whole map would be colored before the Ming :crazyeye: Included the Qing because they are the basis by which the PRC claims Tibet and also they lasted much longer than the Yuan.

Showing Chinese expansion by dynasty. The darker the color, the later the conquest. Not counting Yuan, as then the whole map would be colored before the Ming :crazyeye: Included the Qing because they are the basis by which the PRC claims Tibet and also they lasted much longer than the Yuan.
Why is the Tarim Basin labeled as "Tang"? The Han conquered it briefly and lost it, the Tang conquered it for a slightly longer period with slightly more direct control and lost it, then the Qing conquered it and kept it until they died when it devolved to their successor states.

Of course, if you really wanted to be accruate, you'd have to include areas in Vietnam, Turkestan, Mongolia, and Korea that they conquered for times as well. ;)

Why not?

I'm seeing some well defined borders, all that is really needed is to get Israel to agree to the borders

Israel pretty much agrees with those borders (they're the ones who proposed them, though recently they haven't really been abiding by them), its the Palestinians who don't really like it all that much.

edit: As for Huayna's China map, here's a linky to a nice animated version.

Israel pretty much agrees with those borders (they're the ones who proposed them, though recently they haven't really been abiding by them), its the Palestinians who don't really like it all that much.

edit: As for Huayna's China map, here's a linky to a nice animated version.

Actually, Israel never agreed to giving back East Jerusalem, which the Palestinians wanted. Groups like Fatah would settle for Gaza + West Bank + East Jerusalem.

Of course, if you really wanted to be accruate, you'd have to include areas in Vietnam, Turkestan, Mongolia, and Korea that they conquered for times as well. ;)

Meh

Why is the Tarim Basin labeled as "Tang"? The Han conquered it briefly and lost it, the Tang conquered it for a slightly longer period with slightly more direct control and lost it, then the Qing conquered it and kept it until they died when it devolved to their successor states.

Blame Wikipedia.

The Human Footprint is a quantitative analysis of human influence across the globe. In this map, human impact is rated on a scale of 0 (minimum) to 100 (maximum) for each terrestrial biome. A score of 1 indicates the least human influence in the given biome. However, because each biome has its own independent scale, a score of 1 in a tropical rainforest might reflect a different level of human activity than in a broadleaf forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom