Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastern Europe:
Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Moldova and MAYBE Georgia and Armenia (on cultural grounds).

That's all I am going to say on this topic here.

I'd add Kazakhstan, and the baltics. Baltics are debatable.

Include Azerbaijan for the oil, you and me both know that this is one muslim country we should be aligning ourselves with.

FWIW, I think South Osettia will eventually join Russia, but I reckon Abkhazia will stay independent

Funny, i reckon the same. South Ossetia will most likely want to join North Ossetia.

Regardless they will become Russian Satellite states.

There are different definitions. It depends on how much you divide Europe, on what grounds, and simply the opinion of the person.

If you divide Europe properly and the year is not a year between 1946 and 1989 than Winner has done it correctly.

There are only 3 definitions. first is Europe as a whole, second is cold war europe divided into Eastern and Western halves. Third is real cultural and political borders, like Winner has done.

As for the second definition, the cold war is over and it has been for 20 years.

I'd add Kazakhstan, and the baltics. Baltics are debatable.

Include Azerbaijan for the oil, you and me both know that this is one muslim country we should be aligning ourselves with.

Kazakhstan is a clearly Turkic Central Asian country and the presence of large Russian minority doesn't change anything on that. The same goes to Azerbaijan.

One day, I'll make an ultimate map of European regions and link it in my signature to pre-empt these attempts at reigniting the debate.

Correction, Kazakhstan wants to become a Central Asian country. Right now they are fairly European, they look mostly european and are close with Russia.

We've done that millions of times. Just take a blank map from my OP and do it.

Back in the good old days... :salute:

Because sport qualifications?:lol:

I like having Kazakhstan in our qualification group actually. There players are all mostly Russian anyway.

It'd make more sense to put France in African qualification than Kazakhstan in Asian.

There are different definitions. It depends on how much you divide Europe, on what grounds, and simply the opinion of the person.

And of course, if the person who's opinion you're asking actually *lives* in the disputed area, his opinion will be worth a lot more than a passer-by from another continent.

Just saw the above message, so I'm posting this, a map of professional football/soccer teams in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean:

Spoiler :

Just saw the above message, so I'm posting this, a map of professional football/soccer teams in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean:

Spoiler :

I am extremely sad to know that the NYC team is called the "Red Bulls"
At least I can root for the Rochester Rhinos then.

Real Salt Lake...oh how you sadden me.

Red Bull New York
Red Bull Salzburg
Red Bull Brasil

and last month the latest tragedy... Red Bull Liepzig!

Red Bull Racing
Scuderia Toro Rosso

Red Bull New York
Red Bull Salzburg
Red Bull Brasil

and last month the latest tragedy... Red Bull Liepzig!

it's actually "rasenball leipzig", as the germans didnt allow such shenanigans.

"rasenball" is more or less an invented word with the acronym "rb", meaning "turfball".

I am extremely sad to know that the NYC team is called the "Red Bulls"
At least I can root for the Rochester Rhinos then.

Go for it! They haven't done much lately but they won 3 league titles in their first 4 or 5 years of existence and they are the only non-MLS team to win a US Open Cup after the MLS was formed.

you know the german "schabernack"?

Got it. Thanks for expanding my English vocabulary. BTW, what's the difference between Witz, Streich and Schabernack?

Trickery, mischief origins unclear but first recorded in California during the gold rush.
Could be Irish, Spanish or German in origin.

Spanish? No way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom