Download and Current Changelog

MY Download From FileFront didnt have the .exe at the end. (The description of the download says the corect Filename but the downlod it self missing the .exe)

The launcher is not working for me - it starts, but gives me "cannot find mod folder" error and launches normal game. Investigating. I am running the Steam version, and I have moved my steam folder in the past.

Known issue with Steam. We'll be looking into it.

MY Download From FileFront didnt have the .exe at the end. (The description of the download says the corect Filename but the downlod it self missing the .exe)

......I have no idea how that would happen. Even redownloaded the file to make sure. Try ModDB (the main download link); It's been approved.

Already edit the File name so that the .exe is at the end and it worked. Maybe FileFront have problems with more then one point in a Filename.

The launcher is not working for me - it starts, but gives me "cannot find mod folder" error and launches normal game. Investigating. I am running the Steam version, and I have moved my steam folder in the past.

err .. oops, i have no idea how launcher would work with Steam ... and since i don't have steam version i have no way how to test it ... /:

So this FFH media pack, what does that add? Music and stuff? Will that auto-add to the xml for playback ingame or what what? :p
Is that pack supported? <-- i guess the easy question is =D

Is it necessary to remove old version and all the add-ons for Rife? If so, any specific information on everything that needs to be removed?

Remove everything, the whole folder before installing 1.3 :)

Downloading it! Yay! Yay!

(unfortunately, it is Sunday NIGHT in my timezone. You forced me to play Rife 1.3 in Monday! What an evil, evil hamster...)

:D

Remove everything, the whole folder before installing 1.3 :)

Ah so that's why Malchavic remained there:lol:

EDIT: No way, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, and still Malchavic is there.
It is normal that D'tesh civ still don't have any pedia flavour text?

All of that is normal. No work has been done on the leaders yet.

And is it normal to Play Now be greyed out??? How I am supposed to chose correctly the leader I want to play with?

EDIT: It is also normal to the 2 mapscripts only have the basic customization? I mean size, climate, sea level era and speed

Well, I'll assume it is not normal. Shall I download the mod again?

EDIT: Yo!, how I can modify the option for those maps?
EDIT: Custom continents non supported map script does have more options than those two, again I suppose it is not normal.

:lol::lol: Now it is obiously wrong, when I tried to create a game with one of those mapscript a popup appeared saying "Cannot find script, creating an empty map".
Do somebody knows where I can download those mapscript separately? Or I still have to download the mod again?

It is wierd because I can find the scripts in Private maps folder, and the launcher also states them as enabled.

Well, I'm downloading again the mod, hope somebody helps me.

Srju: there seems to be a lot of things screwed up with your install! You did remove the old Rise from Erebus folder and simply install the 1.3 version?

Jarwy: yes, the rife folder :)

Well at first I did not, but then I readed a bit and realised my mistake. I deleted the folder and reinstalled. In game I found the problem with the map script, right now I uninstalled and reinstalled again but the map scripts seems to still be screwed.
But the mapscript are in the private maps folder and the launcher recognises them. Also the installer weights 553 Mb so I don't think is corrupted.

Anyways i'm downloading the mod again, so if the problem is still there after that...

So this FFH media pack, what does that add? Music and stuff? Will that auto-add to the xml for playback ingame or what what? :p
Is that pack supported? <-- i guess the easy question is =D

It just adds movies. And all it does is replace the short movies (that are just picture slideshows) with actual movies, so all the xml stays exactly the same. That is why it is compatible with all FfH mods.

Ah so that's why Malchavic remained there:lol:

EDIT: No way, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled, and still Malchavic is there.
It is normal that D'tesh civ still don't have any pedia flavour text?

Malchavic has not been removed yet, and I have not written flavor text for the D'tesh.

And is it normal to Play Now be greyed out??? How I am supposed to chose correctly the leader I want to play with?

EDIT: It is also normal to the 2 mapscripts only have the basic customization? I mean size, climate, sea level era and speed

Well, I'll assume it is not normal. Shall I download the mod again?

EDIT: Yo!, how I can modify the option for those maps?
EDIT: Custom continents non supported map script does have more options than those two, again I suppose it is not normal.

Something is seriously wrong with your install.

Well at first I did not, but then I readed a bit and realised my mistake. I deleted the folder and reinstalled. In game I found the problem with the map script, right now I uninstalled and reinstalled again but the map scripts seems to still be screwed.
But the mapscript are in the private maps folder and the launcher recognises them. Also the installer weights 553 Mb so I don't think is corrupted.

Anyways i'm downloading the mod again, so if the problem is still there after that...

I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the maps. Best I can say is copy/paste them out of the privatemaps folder, and then back in (another player could drop other maps into it and have them found). If that still does not work, I'll put up a download for them, see if that works.

Yes, definitely those 2 maps are corrupted or something of the like.
I downloaded RIFE again, this time from moDB, uninstalled and installed again, still world of erebus and erebus continent cannot be loaded.
The funny part is that unsupported map, such as custom continent, load just fine, without problems.
Please can you provide a link to download those map scripts? Thanks

EDIT: I saw that others are having the same problem.

Lair Exploration
Far easier to modify the system. All results are Goodies, which now have GoodyClasses; Each Goody can have multiple Classes.

Is the result of this :You get never bad results out of Lair Exploration ?
An monster out of a lair or diseases is a risk i prefer (for gameplay)

Top Bottom