Download and Current Changelog

It is safe to start a game with other map script than World of erebus or erebus continent? Or I just have to wait until somebody upload those scripts?

Yes, definitely those 2 maps are corrupted or something of the like.
I downloaded RIFE again, this time from moDB, uninstalled and installed again, still world of erebus and erebus continent cannot be loaded.
The funny part is that unsupported map, such as custom continent, load just fine, without problems.
Please can you provide a link to download those map scripts? Thanks

EDIT: I saw that others are having the same problem.

It's attached to this post, see if they work for you now. Honestly, they work fine for me, using the same install you have. Which makes it one of those bugs that I despise.

Lair Exploration
Far easier to modify the system. All results are Goodies, which now have GoodyClasses; Each Goody can have multiple Classes.

Is the result of this :You get never bad results out of Lair Exploration ?
An monster out of a lair or diseases is a risk i prefer (for gameplay)

No, actually atm you are more likely to get bad results.

Attachments

• PrivateMaps.rar
    88.9 KB · Views: 156
You can play with them, but they don't support everything that the supported maps does. The launcher should make it easy to re-enable maps.

Shades

* FfH shade mechanic has been removed.
* In it’s place, there is now the ‘Greater Shade’ promotion, available at level 6. This promotion grants the unit a chance each turn to be immortal, based on it’s level.

Can I get some clarification on what the new sidar "immortality" actually does?

The promotion "Greater Shade" becomes available at level 6 or 7, and then seems to have absolutely no effect. My greater shade promoted assassin at level 22 has died, without being reborn, several times attacking different opponents (well, reborn after a reload).

Is it a chance to be immortal, instead of dying? Or is it a chance to gain the immortal trait, like blood of the phoenix? And how do we know if the greater shade will be immortal or not.

And as feedback, the mist is awesome. However, I feel like it is wasted on the sidar, who now feel incredibly bland, probably since I dont understand their immortal promotion.

Shades

* FfH shade mechanic has been removed.
* In it’s place, there is now the ‘Greater Shade’ promotion, available at level 6. This promotion grants the unit a chance each turn to be immortal, based on it’s level.

Can I get some clarification on what the new sidar "immortality" actually does?

The promotion "Greater Shade" becomes available at level 6 or 7, and then seems to have absolutely no effect. My greater shade promoted assassin at level 22 has died, without being reborn, several times attacking different opponents (well, reborn after a reload).

Is it a chance to be immortal, instead of dying? Or is it a chance to gain the immortal trait, like blood of the phoenix? And how do we know if the greater shade will be immortal or not.

And as feedback, the mist is awesome. However, I feel like it is wasted on the sidar, who now feel incredibly bland, probably since I dont understand their immortal promotion.

It is a temporary immortality, which is rerolled for each turn.

It's looking like there may be an issue with immortals again (though it had been working before...), so I need to check that out.

Every turn, the unit in question (minimum level is 6) has a percent chance to become immortal for that turn only. The percent chance increases with the level.

Edit: Ninja'd

Just I don't know what's going on!, I attached the screen of the error, so you can analize them closely.
Spoiler :
screen.JPG

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG

I've downloaded your attachment and replaced the maps, Valk, but still the same situation.
But it is related to the mod itself, I've put the World of erebus script on the Private maps of Vanilla FFh2 and it loaded the options just fine. You can see that on the third screen.

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG

I hope you find the answer soon, thanks.

"It is a temporary immortality, which is rerolled for each turn."

I don't see the promotion- is it added to the unit, or is there anyway to know if they will or will not be immortal? I may have been missing it in the sea of promotions here.

Also, Rathus Denmora does not have the opportunity to gain Greater Shade, which may be intended, but doesn't seem to follow his role.

Just I don't know what's going on!, I attached the screen of the error, so you can analize them closely.

I've downloaded your attachment and replaced the maps, Valk, but still the same situation.
But it is related to the mod itself, I've put the World of erebus script on the Private maps of Vanilla FFh2 and it loaded the options just fine. You can see that on the third screen.

I hope you find the answer soon, thanks.

Hmm... Try placing this file in your Rise from Erebus folder (should replace a file). I am not able to duplicate this issue, nor is any of the team, so it's difficult to fix. I can't think of any reason why it would be unable to load two specific maps, frankly.

Attachments

• Rise from Erebus.rar
    488 bytes · Views: 139
"It is a temporary immortality, which is rerolled for each turn."

I don't see the promotion- is it added to the unit, or is there anyway to know if they will or will not be immortal? I may have been missing it in the sea of promotions here.

Also, Rathus Denmora does not have the opportunity to gain Greater Shade, which may be intended, but doesn't seem to follow his role.

It does not grant a promotion, but the effect itself. Should show in unitmouseover, but may not be working atm. I'll test it.

Well I've discovered something: I've added terra2, an unsupported map, and that script enabled Play Now!, but terra2 is the only map selectable in play now.
Maybe the scripts are flagged as invalid by the game?

EDIT: I guess, if I start a game with one of those unsupported maps, I have to enter WB to put unique features? Or they will be there regardless?
Dunno if it will work, but the previuous version of Erebus continent, you have it?

Well I've discovered something: I've added terra2, an unsupported map, and that script enabled Play Now!, but terra2 is the only map selectable in play now.

The thing is, they should not be. They are in the privatemaps folder (which means the game loads them), and are functioning for me. I can think of nothing that would cause a map to function for some, and not for others.

EDIT: I guess, if I start a game with one of those unsupported maps, I have to enter WB to put unique features? Or they will be there regardless?
Dunno if it will work, but the previuous version of Erebus continent, you have it?

Unique Features (meaning things like the Pyre) will always be there.

The version of ErebusContinent distributed with it is the same as that in 1.23.

I've discovered another thing: The game may have flagged the script as invalid, because I've put a crap .py file in private maps, and it gives the same error as when I try to create a map.

EDIT: Is your uninstaller working? It says: Internal error Cannot find UcompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller.
EDIT: Can you believe it? I've managed to go ingame without errors with World of erebus mapscript on vanilla FFH2, so I think the maps are fine, but the mod is somehow invalidating them.

EDIT: Valk, might this interest you?

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

ImportError: No module named WorldOfErebus
Failed to load python module WorldOfErebus.
ERR: Call function getNumHiddenCustomMapOptions failed. Can't find module WorldOfErebus

ERR: Call function getNumCustomMapOptions failed. Can't find module WorldOfErebus

ERR: Call function getNumHiddenCustomMapOptions failed. Can't find module WorldOfErebus

ERR: Call function getNumCustomMapOptions failed. Can't find module WorldOfErebus

Is an extract of PhytonErr.txt log. That text does repeat all the time, switching to the last part to this:
Spoiler :
ImportError: No module named ErebusContinent
Failed to load python module ErebusContinent.
ERR: Call function canPlaceBonusAt failed. Can't find module ErebusContinent

The other file which is also big, PhytonDbg.txt, keeps repeating this:
Spoiler :
import failed

load_module ErebusContinent

ErebusContinent

import failed

The other logs are just fine.

I have the exact same problem as Sjru, completely as he had described. Should the game remember my exact custom game settings and player name that I chose before I deleted the old Rife?

I've discovered another thing: The game may have flagged the script as invalid, because I've put a crap .py file in private maps, and it gives the same error as when I try to create a map.

EDIT: Is your uninstaller working? It says: Internal error Cannot find UcompiledCode record for this version of the uninstaller.
EDIT: Can you believe it? I've managed to go ingame without errors with World of erebus mapscript on vanilla FFH2, so I think the maps are fine, but the mod is somehow invalidating them.

EDIT: Valk, might this interest you?

Spoiler :

Is an extract of PhytonErr.txt log. That text does repeat all the time, switching to the last part to this:
Spoiler :

The other file which is also big, PhytonDbg.txt, keeps repeating this:
Spoiler :
import failed

ErebusContinent

import failed

The other logs are just fine.

The uninstaller not working is my fault. I neglected to remove the old uninstall files I had from my directory when making the installer. :rolleyes:

As for the rest... It tells me nothing, other than that it can't find the map. Which it should be able to do. I'm going to have to find a way to duplicate it.

What OS are you using? Are you admin? Is the folder readonly? Anything else you can think of?

Top Bottom