Moai

Carazycool

Warlord
Do you think it's always best to prioritize building Moai tile improvements on coastal tiles rather than farms/mines/plantations/pastures?

I suppose if you really need a certain resource, it's worth building something else, but the way moais' culture bonus stacks, I like just going all out with as many moais as possible and forgo the resources.

I treat the Moai same as chateau for France. Farms/mines early but switch them to Moai when hotel goes online. Polders and Brazilwood UI is strictly better than anything else so those are treated different unless I really needed the mines.

I like building at least some Moai early, and plan city placement in part to maximize clusters. Eventually your borders will spread beyond 3 tiles, so keep an eye out for spots to build in ring 4 to add culture to ring 3...

If you are lucky enough to get multiple pasture resources, build a pasture on the tile least valuable for Moai, or on horses for sure, then Stables will still give a production bonus to them all. If you have cities with lots of seafood and hills, you are set for a fun game, with a nice culture boost with no upkeep costs. In a recent game I took God of the Sea pantheon which almost made up for the loss of mine production.

I love building Moai!

Top Bottom