Dynamic names idea

flaming_iles

Warlord
I realise that the mod is pretty much done, but I wanted to put forward an idea now that we have dynamic civ names.

Could this idea be applied to religions/corporations too, creating schisms (by name only though)

Example:
Christianity spreads to Rome (Italy), Spain, or France and it is called Catholicism.
If it spreads to Russia/Greece, it is called orthodox Christianity.
If it spreads to Germany it is Protestantism, and if it spreads to England, it is Anglicanism.

Dynamic corporation names:
When a corporation spreads to different civs, it is called different things. e.g, the dutch version of mining corp. could be De Beers but when it spreads to America it could be called the Newmont mining corporation.

What do you all think?

I realise that the mod is pretty much done, but I wanted to put forward an idea now that we have dynamic civ names.

Could this idea be applied to religions/corporations too, creating schisms (by name only though)

Example:
Christianity spreads to Rome (Italy), Spain, or France and it is called Catholicism.
If it spreads to Russia/Greece, it is called orthodox Christianity.
If it spreads to Germany it is Protestantism, and if it spreads to England, it is Anglicanism.

Dynamic corporation names:
When a corporation spreads to different civs, it is called different things. e.g, the dutch version of mining corp. could be De Beers but when it spreads to America it could be called the Newmont mining corporation.

What do you all think?
This would be cool if it can be done :D

Sure why not? I just think though that it would be too much work on Rhye's part if it could be done at all. Plus its just a little extra tidbit that won't improve the gameplay in any serious way.

But... what if the religion spreads to multiple areas? Is it a separate name in each? How will that work?

But... what if the religion spreads to multiple areas? Is it a separate name in each? How will that work?

I'm not quite sure if this is the right answer to your question but...

My intention was to change each religion's name depending on where it spread. I.e, if Christianity is founded in Jerusalem and spreads to Rome, Spain or France, (or their vassal) then the message will display 'catholicism has spread in [city name]

If Christianity then spreads to Germany, then a message displays saying 'protestantism has spread to [city name].

Its only changing the names of the religions depending on who owns the cities they are in, not the mechanics of religion spreading.

Actually I think corporation names should be left ambiguous because if you gave specific ones then you better include a buttload of others. Otherwise you just have a small select number of corporations which is weird to me.

I'm not quite sure if this is the right answer to your question but...

My intention was to change each religion's name depending on where it spread. I.e, if Christianity is founded in Jerusalem and spreads to Rome, Spain or France, (or their vassal) then the message will display 'catholicism has spread in [city name]

If Christianity then spreads to Germany, then a message displays saying 'protestantism has spread to [city name].

Its only changing the names of the religions depending on who owns the cities they are in, not the mechanics of religion spreading.

Ok then, so it's still Christianity, but it will have a different name in depending on the country? Will this have any actual effect on gameplay, or will it just be aesthetic? Also, what about cities/countries that generally have two or more "sub-religions" in them? For example, England has both Catholicism and Protestantism, Arabia has both Sunni and Shi'a Islam, and so forth.

Top Bottom