Is there still room for an Immortal Challenge?

aelf

Ashen One
After putting Civ down for several months, I'm suddenly itching to play all over again. And since the EMC series had 4 installments, I was thinking why not have a 4th installment of the Immortal Challenge? I don't have BTS, though, so it will have to be on Warlords, which I know is not the most up-to-date or interesting thing these days :(

The other catch is I'm not as free as I used to be, so the pace of the game, if it starts at all, will probably have to be slower. But this might be good anyway, since I haven't been playing for a while and might be prone to making bad micromanagement decisions now.

So, how about that, mates? Is there still room left in your hearts for a long-lost friend? I mean not me, but the IC :p

PS: You can go ahead and make leader suggestions, if you want. I was thinking of Mehmed, since Sisiutil's run with him didn't manage to explore his full potential.

Hmmm... are you gonna install BetterAI then? Or maybe it could be interesting to see the difference between AI's in warlords and BTS :p

Anyway, good play is always fun to watch/read, so of course there is room!

Dude, you don't even have to ask :lol:

But, seriously, get BtS, it is worth it even if you only have limited time!!

Aw.. Did Santa put you on the naughty list and he didn't get you BTS for Christmas? :p *kidding*

You know what we should start a donation fund for Aelf where all the true fans of Aelf's EMC and IMC give a lil so he can get BTS... if he's still has trouble getting BTS someone trust worthy here can purchase it and mail it to him... how's that? Just an idea. Well half joking and half serious... well you never know... it could happen.

So, how about that, mates?

Hell yeah! Show some of these young whippersnappers how it's done. ;)

Warlords wouldn't be such a bad thing either - someone posted the other day about how Mac users are stuck with Warlords, but that most of the discussion here is BtS related. Of course, if you did manage to get your hands on a copy of BtS...

In any case, Mehmed sounds good to me (I've never really gotten my head around ol' beardy).

And don't worry about the slow pace. It doesn't seem to do Sisiutil any harm... :p

I'll be waiting with bated breath. :drool:

BTS or Bust

Bah! I wasn't such a big fan of many of the changes/additions in BTS. In any case, on BTS I would have to move down to Emperor (by no means a sure win for me), so it wouldn't be Immortal Challenge, would it?

Warlords wouldn't be such a bad thing either - someone posted the other day about how Mac users are stuck with Warlords, but that most of the discussion here is BtS related. Of course, if you did manage to get your hands on a copy of BtS...

Sounds good. Mac users need some loving too. And why not have another run like the good old days? ;) I wouldn't be too concerned if the readership isn't as wide as it used to be, since the pace wouldn't be that quick anyway.

After this, if I'm going to have another public game, rest assured that it will be on BTS. Yes, I will buy a retail version if I decide that I want to go back to some real civ-playing. I'm sure I would be able to find it somewhere here in York.

Aelf's back... Yahoo!!! .... BTS or Warlords who cares? Even BTS players can comment on a Warlords game so I say - forward at flank speed.:D

Woohoo! Aelf is back! EMC III was the first thread I read in this site. It chose it instead of ALC 11 because you guys didn't spend 10 pages on the first ten turns. ;) I really hope you start an immortal challenge again.

Bah! I wasn't such a big fan of many of the changes/additions in BTS. In any case, on BTS I would have to move down to Emperor (by no means a sure win for me), so it wouldn't be Immortal Challenge, would it?

Welcome back aelf :beer: !

I doubt that you would have to go back a level in BTS... it is a general consensus ( a rare thing around here ,I must reckon :lol: ) that Immortal BtS< Immortal warlords in terms of dificulty for the player. The BtS AI does play better than the unmodded Warlords one ,but the tone down of the bonuses is noticeable.

And I'm pretty sure that you would love to use/abuse the AP ;)

But on subject:

Bring it on, man ;) ! It is running a "Aelf reloaded" thread ATM... That must say something about ppl wanting your threads back ;)

Woohoo!

Mehmed is a good choice, if only because then you won't have to face him. :)

I don't care about the leader, just do another IC!

Please. [10chars].

do it up!

i wouldn't mind seeing a warlords game either after so many bts plays, particularly considering i havnt gone upto bts myself.

Top Bottom