World of 2001 (Remix)

Ayetach

Chieftain
Greetings everyone! This thread was started to help anyone with problems regarding the scenario I have submitted to MaxRiga's newest mod:

Moderator Action: MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.
Please read the forum rules:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889Moderator Action:

You can click above link to download the mod along with my scenario.

So again, if anyone has questions about functionality, technical issues, or even suggestions (which I'm open to taking) regarding this scenario feel free to drop a line.

You can also download the latest beta for this mod right here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7351448&postcount=1237

Just the link to download. Note that the download content is in a zip file so all you need to do is simply unzip it and place the scenario in MaxRiga's Mod folder under the Public Maps.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

i love it
i modifit deliting some tech to every one
so it doesn't crush anymore
o and agressibe AI

i love it
i modifit deliting some tech to every one
so it doesn't crush anymore
o and agressibe AI

Really? Can you elaborate on which techs they were? I never really took that into account, thought it was something in the code I did.

hi like your scenario, i was wondering if you also encountred a problem i have been having. i copied and pasted below what i said in another thread:

"i have a bit of a game play issue (sorry for so many problems) when i play as australia in the 1961 scenarios i cant build a destroyer because i dont have oil. however i have an oil platform in the ocean. i went to the world builder and added more oil and and a well and it still says i dont have oil.

i also have this problem in WorldOf2001(remix by Mikko) scenario with the uk but this time with uranium. to the north of scotland is uranium with a mine with road but it says i dont have any uranium"

maxriga said it was a civ4 problem

hi like your scenario, i was wondering if you also encountred a problem i have been having. i copied and pasted below what i said in another thread:

"i have a bit of a game play issue (sorry for so many problems) when i play as australia in the 1961 scenarios i cant build a destroyer because i dont have oil. however i have an oil platform in the ocean. i went to the world builder and added more oil and and a well and it still says i dont have oil.

i also have this problem in WorldOf2001(remix by Mikko) scenario with the uk but this time with uranium. to the north of scotland is uranium with a mine with road but it says i dont have any uranium"

maxriga said it was a civ4 problem

Dear Narn,

I can't help you regarding some of MaxRiga's other scenarios as he has built them himself however, there is a simply remedy to the problem you faced when playing the UK. Normally the cities are set to auto-place workers on tiles and since the AI feels it its more beneficial to use other tiles other than the island just North of Scotland simply turn off the auto placement tool and manually place a worker on the tile with uranium. That should fix it, I'll check it tonight to make sure but I have faced that problem before and that seems to be the case. Hope this helps! ;)

Never mind! I re-simulated the problem using the UK and obtaining the Manhattan project. It appears that it does not recognize the tile as a uranium resource (thus you may have noticed other nations not racing to build the Manhattan project). I will forward this bug to MaxRiga so he can have this ironed out. Thanks for the observation Narn!

oh cool

i thought i was doing something wrong for a sec. it seems as though in nearly all the maxriga scenarios in this latest version (i didnt notice this problem in with previous versions) this problem occurs. i even added 5 oil resources with well/platforms in the 1961 scenario with australia and it didnt recognize any of them providing me with oil.

i havent tried with your scenario but i conclude if i was to add 5 uranium resources for the uk with mines and roads on them not one of them would be recognized as well.

it seems therefore there is a slight problem with the mod itself, and i dont think this happened in the previous maxriga mod.

oh cool

i thought i was doing something wrong for a sec. it seems as though in nearly all the maxriga scenarios in this latest version (i didnt notice this problem in with previous versions) this problem occurs. i even added 5 oil resources with well/platforms in the 1961 scenario with australia and it didnt recognize any of them providing me with oil.

i havent tried with your scenario but i conclude if i was to add 5 uranium resources for the uk with mines and roads on them not one of them would be recognized as well.

it seems therefore there is a slight problem with the mod itself, and i dont think this happened in the previous maxriga mod.

Narn,

I spoke with MaxRiga about these issues and we're currently looking into the matter. I can't guarantee that it will be solved soon but from what I understand its a bug that occurs at random (so sometimes during game play it will be available).

Just read the first post, I'll have an updated version set up soon. :)

Top Bottom