GEM 200 BC for RoM 2.81 with New Dawn modmod.

Antmanbrooks

Prince
Well I have just checked on Genghis Kai's page and he states it's ok to convert his mods to be played with other mods, so attached below is my conversion of Genghis Kai's 200BC Mod for the Giant Earth Map. Massive thanks to Genghis Kai for his original mod which can be found here in this forum - http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=296

There are a couple of changes you should be aware of and a couple of annoying things I can't seem to solve.

1. I have added Athens as a city belonging to Attalus I of the Greek Republic.
  2. I had to start the mod with Christianity and Islam already founded in their respective birthplaces as for some unknown reason in 180BC they where randomly founded anyway!
  3. Carthaginian cities have no religion to start with as they didn't follow true Hellenic or Egyptian Mythological Gods, they have a wierd Civic Setup too to represent their strong belief in child sacrifice and a powerful priest caste. (Rome was dead against child sacrifice to the Gods, not the child sacrifice bit, just the fact it was to the Gods :confused:).
  4. Religion spreads very unrealistically, which must be down to Civ itself as no matter what I do to the CIV4ReligionInfo.xml it still insists on spreading Taoism and Buddhism etc. in Northern Europe and the Carthaginian Cities, despite them having no contact with the Eastern Civs.
  5. The Han and Chu no longer have access to Longbowmen when the game starts as the required tech was a bit too advanced I thought and the whole reason they did in the original 200BC scenario was to represent their feudal society I guess.
  6. I have added several new wonders that RoM allows access too. Certain wonders have been placed in the cities closest to the actual geographic location of the wonder. As an example Sparta houses the Temple of Zeus because the actual location in Olympia was just a stones throw down the road. Hence Sparta now being the Hellenic Holy City too.
Anyway, I'm sure there are a few other issues that will be found by anyone that plays it, if you post them here I will do my best to keep a check on this thread evey now and again and if I can help resolve any problems I will.

Hope you enjoy!

To play just unpack to your CivIV/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Private Maps folder and next time you load up RoM you should be able to click play a scenario and choose "GEM 200BC for Rise of Mankind".

WARNING - This is a Giant Earth Map so it's likely to run a bit slower than usual between turns, just think of it like playing a multiplayer game with a chess champion :lol:

EDIT: Just to note this should still be compatible with RoM 2.91 & AND 1.72B
EDIT: See my post on page 2 for RoM:AND 1.75 compatible version

Looks like a few people have downloaded this, any reports or feedback? IS it working ok?

I get runtime errors. I used to be able to play Giant maps. After beta11, its seems not.

I get runtime errors. I used to be able to play Giant maps. After beta11, its seems not.

Is that just on this download or on all Giant maps?

for me, only on your map..

Hmmm? I'm not sure why that would be?

I play using RoM Full 2.8 --> 2.81 patch. I don't use the Mega Civ pack though as that caused problems on my machine.

I created the map conversion using New Dawn 1.53 --> 1.55 patch.

I have now put New Dawn 1.6 on my machine and the converted map still works fine for me. I don't have any other stuff on my version of RoM so I can only think if you are having problems with runtime errors it's probably because the versions don't quite match up? Can you explain when you get the runtime errors for me please?

So for clarification my map works fine on RoM 2.81 Full with New Dawn ModMod (1.53 and 1.6).

Map works fine for me. I have successfully passed 100 turns. And may I say it is rivetting action!!!

I also use ROM Full plus AND 1.6.

It will only play on Marathon setting for me tho. I have managed to change the other settings to incorporate more of AND 1.6 by altering the text in the save file.

Excellent work! Thanks to all those who contributed.

Map works fine for me. I have successfully passed 100 turns. And may I say it is rivetting action!!!

I also use ROM Full plus AND 1.6.

It will only play on Marathon setting for me tho. I have managed to change the other settings to incorporate more of AND 1.6 by altering the text in the save file.

Excellent work! Thanks to all those who contributed.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, who are you playing as?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, who are you playing as?

I am playing the Chinese Xiang Yu. Just passed turn 125 and am currently laying seige to the last stronghold of the Chinese Liu Bang. The Monguls are already making raids into my Western borders, but I have taken one of their fringe cities. Which means with Assimulation, I can produce their mounts!

Its the first time I have played with a GEM map successfully, although I do confess it takes a few tries to load up the save game (since I only play for a couple of hours a day at most). I tried upgrading to AND 1.64, but the save doesnt work even after repeated attempts, so I am still playing with 1.60.

Again :goodjob:

I am playing the Chinese Xiang Yu. Just passed turn 125 and am currently laying seige to the last stronghold of the Chinese Liu Bang. The Monguls are already making raids into my Western borders, but I have taken one of their fringe cities. Which means with Assimulation, I can produce their mounts!

Its the first time I have played with a GEM map successfully, although I do confess it takes a few tries to load up the save game (since I only play for a couple of hours a day at most). I tried upgrading to AND 1.64, but the save doesnt work even after repeated attempts, so I am still playing with 1.60.

Again :goodjob:

Are you experiencing wierd Religion spread at all? I can't seem to fix that on my game? Confucianism popping up in Britain and stuff like that?

Great map. Thanks for converting it Ant.

Thanks for the recognition. I hope you like it.

Are you experiencing wierd Religion spread at all? I can't seem to fix that on my game? Confucianism popping up in Britain and stuff like that?

I assumed since it was a 200BC start, religion would be pretty much fully established worldwide. For the Chinese it seemed realistic (Confucianism, Buddism, Taoism, etc). The AI is certainly taking advantage of priests and buildings to spread religion.

Christianity and Islam were both present from the start of the game, but I have not met either yet.

I am in turn 220, and the lands are overflowing with barbarians (at a weaker tech level thankfully), and my neighbours are sufficiently advanced to inflict serious damage, but not organized enough nor large enough to even make me worried. I have it on Flexible difficulty and it has been rising each 50 turns, so things are going to get very interesting!!!

Do you plan to update this scenario for ROM 2.91 with AND 1.72?

I hadn't planned on doing it. I may have a look if I get a bit of time off work. I have had a look at this and it appears to work on RoM 2.91 with AND 1.72B

2.92 is the buggy release. You're better off playing 2.92 as is and waiting for the more stable 2.93.

That's also unlikely to happen. Buggy release or no, I don't see people updating maps to a soon-to-be-obsolete version.

mhmm how about 2.91 update then ^^ ?

This is compatible with 2.91 that's what I play it on...

It's more than likely a problem with your install of ROM or AND having "extra's" or customized content.

I don't intend updating to 2.92 or any other future releases of ROM, although the map should work with them anyway as this seems to have worked with the last 2 versions of ROM without me having to update anything.

So it's unlikely to work with ROME for example? Because all I get when I run it is tech-tree advisor and then crash or autoloss.

Top Bottom