Destroying buldings when City is captured

ST4LIN

Chieftain
Just wondering if there's a way to destroy buildings when a city is captured. For example Palaces are destroyed/relocated when the capital city is captured.

Reason is because I have Wonder buildings producing civ specific units every X turns. For example I have the Red Army Academy Wonder producing a unique Russian Red Army multi Unit so AI gets an army like unit, same with other civs. Now if the Germans capture the city with the Red Army academy Wonder, I want the wonder destroyed so the Nazis don't start producing their own Red Army :lol:

You can just make the wonder government-specific. Then it becomes obsolete when civ with another government captures it. Another way - give a civ technology and choose it in the list "Rendered Obsolete by" for the wonder. And - not quite sure - small wonders are always disappear after capturing a city.

All culture-generating buildings are lost when a city is captured, so if you give the Red Army Academy 1 culture point, it should be destroyed before the germans can get their hands on it. If you make it a small wonder (without culture point) like Fortis1 suggests, it will also be destroyed on capture, but then all civs will be able to build it - unless it requires a unique russian tech (like, for example "Being Russian").

All culture-generating buildings are lost when a city is captured, so if you give the Red Army Academy 1 culture point, it should be destroyed before the germans can get their hands on it. If you make it a small wonder (without culture point) like Fortis1 suggests, it will also be destroyed on capture, but then all civs will be able to build it - unless it requires a unique russian tech (like, for example "Being Russian").

ah ok, I just checked my mod settings and I had "retain culture on capture" guess that's why enemies were able to continue using the buliding, guess I'll just uncheck that and cultured buildings will be lost on capture, thanks

ah ok, I just checked my mod settings and I had "retain culture on capture" guess that's why enemies were able to continue using the buliding, guess I'll just uncheck that and cultured buildings will be lost on capture, thanks

This should only make you take over the accumulated culture points of a captured city.

Buildings which generate culture are destroyed when captured. Wonders are not as Fortis1 already stated. You could also make the wonder government type dependent (e.g. wonder requires Soviet Communism) or use the tech obsolescence.

will small wonders be destroyed when a city is captured?

Yes the Red Army Academy can only be built by Russia under a Communist government. So if Germany, under a fascist Government, captures the Russian city with the Red Army Academy Wonder, will it still continue producing the Red Army multi unit even if Germany is under a Fascist government?

what is tech obsolescence?

So if Germany, under a fascist Government, captures the Russian city with the Red Army Academy Wonder, will it still continue producing the Red Army multi unit even if Germany is under a Fascist government?

No, it won't. If a wonder requires Communism as government, it will stop producing units when Germany capture the city with the wonder. And if Soviets recapture that city wonder will start producing units again. However, Small Wonders and buildings with culture disappear forever.

what is tech obsolescence?

Not tech, but wonder obsolescence. Every building, GW and SW has a list called "Rendered Obsolete By" where you can choose a tech. After a civ that has that wonder/building researches this tech wonder or building looses it's effect (Great Library from original game is rendered obsolete by Education tech, for example). The trick is that you can create unreseachable tech (non-era tech) and give it as starting tech to a civ (Fascist idealogy tech to Nazi Germany, for example). Then choose this tech in the list for wonder that should be unbuildable for that civ (choose Fascist idealogy for Red Army academy wonder in "Rendered obsolete by" list). So, when Germany captures city with Red Army Academy, it instantly becomes obsolete and will note produce any units.

Top Bottom