C3MT - Civ3MultiTool (Second CFC Thread)

Hi Gramphos,
I also had the same error as improvmonkey. I have Civ 3 Complete 'sold out' software edition, is that enough information regarding version number and patch? (I imagine they are the lastet of both). Basically it looks like the original .sav files, which are around 345kb on my
PC, are being saved in the old 4.5mb plus format after using the savegame editor.
Any ideas? I've used the editor before on older versions, fantastic.
Thanks.

The size difference is merely due to the files being saved without compression, so that doesn't really give me any henit. Pleas attach the file before and after edit and I can look at it.

Ok - Here are the files.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Elizabeth of the English, 1565 AD.SAV.zip
    313.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Elizabeth of the English, 1565 AD.zip
    291.3 KB · Views: 176
Thank you. It turns out that I had made some misstake when correcting a bug in the saving of vanilla Civ3 files, that broke the saving of C3C files. I release 1.12.8 which fixes this problem.

Attachments

• c3mt-1.12.8.zip
    908.9 KB · Views: 13,355
hey I am using the latest version of the c3mt. Everything works great. The issue is when I export a scenario file from a save game, the file created crashes when loaded into the conquests editor. If you hove the mouse of the file in the edit it says "this file is not a valid conquests scenario"

exporting is done without rules

when I save a game with civ it creates a locked file, should it be doing this?

edit: after playing around with the file, vanilla C3C saves can have the terrain exported without rules and it works. Any mods or scenarios(including the ones the game came with) terrain exported with no rules loads as "an invalid C3C scenario file" in the editor.

one note: my mod was created in XP and i've made the jump to a new windows 7 pc. other then that, the multitool works great. Been using it on XP saves for a while

Hello Gramphos
I am having a problem installing C3MTFull version 1.12.6 and wonder if you could help please?
I get an error message stating:
‘C:\Windows\System32\STDOLE2.TLB
Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed; code 0x8002801C
Error accessing the OLE registry.’

I have Windows 7, Civ III Complete version 1.22 and am trying to edit a saved game from CCM version 1.7 that froze (possibly due to a settler in a ship). I have only five turns left of 500 and would like to finish the game.

I managed to install C3MTFull and C3MT-1.12.8 onto another XP computer and tried to edit the saved game but it is still freezing when I try to continue in CCM.
Thanks

Hi Gramphos,
I made the full install and then unzipped the 1.12.8 zip file into the installation directory.

I get the following error when trying to start:

This is really strange, because the c3mt.dll is there, right next to the executable. Also, copying c3mt.dll into C:\WINDOWS\system32 doesn't help: the program still can't find it?!?

I tried on two separate machines, both WinXP SP2, 32bit.

I got the same problem (#609) on another XP SP3 machine.

When I tried on a Windows 7 64bit machine, I first got the same error as rhodie above (#608). But when I googled for this error, I found this: http://www.powerjs.com/faqread.aspx?faqid=4, which solved the problem for me.
@rhodie: I guess that'll be the solution for your Win7 problem as well... Just click "Ignore" when the error pops up during installation!

Thanks Lanzelot for the link and suggestion.

I re-installed C3MTFull and installed CTMT 1.12.8 (download on page 1 as the link on this page #604 has an error) replacing various files on the Full install.
I didn't get the same error on install as before.
But when I try to start the programme, Windows 7 had the following problem:
This is the log file:
INFO: C3MT session log file alpha version

STARTUP: 2013-02-04 10:51:58
STARTUP: C:\Program Files\C3MT\::1.12.8
STARTUP: arguments:
STARTUP: logfile C:\Program Files\C3MT\s1.log
STARTUP: MainThread: 3656
STARTUP: Running on Windows 6.1Service Pack 1
STARTUP: Loading splash screen...
SETTINGS: Loading language settings.
STARTUP: Loading language file: c3mt.txt
LANGUAGE: Loading c3mt.txt
LANGUAGE: Fullpath: C:\Program Files\C3MT\c3mt.txt
STARTUP: Newest version: 1.12.7 url=http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/100445 urlname=Apolyton extra=Sort units, buildings, thecnologies and resources on properties
STARTUP: Download location:
STARTUP: Location name:
STARTUP: Extra versioninfo:
STARTUP: Loading registry settings...
STARTUP: Read settings...
SETTINGS: Loading old C3CT settings.
SETTINGS: Deleting old C3CT settings.
SETTINGS: Loading C3MT settings.
SETTINGS: Loading old C3CT user specific settings.
SETTINGS: Loading C3MT user specific settings.
STARTUP: Get paths...

And the programme closed.

Later, I tried to start the programme again and it worked.
Unfortunately, finding the cause of the saved CCM game freeze (usually a settler in a boat) was unresolved. After going through over 6000 units and deleting the two settlers in boats, the save still froze.
Thanks anyway to Gramphos for the programme.:)

Installing C3MT, I get this error:

C:\Windows\system32\OLEAUT32.DLL

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel the installation.

Clicking Ignore, I get another one:

C:\Windows\system32\STDOLE2.TLB

Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed; code 0x8002801C.

Error accessing the OLE registry.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel the installation.

And then I get the same 'c3mt.dll not found' error everyone else has.

*EDIT* Never mind! I didn't install the latest version. But I still get the missing DLL error whilst trying to edit the tech tree.

Hi there, i ve been trying to use the samegame modifier, the only thing i could see are question marks everywhere after i loaded a saved file :confused::confused:

I was using this, but then the whole thing crashed. I suspect my anti-virus blocked a plug-in or something. any help?

Posting a screenshot or transcript of any error messages would help. :)

That is the problem. It doesn't even launch anymore for there to BE an error message...

I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, and this is what I get.

*EDIT: I saw that someone else had the wrong version so I used the update file as well, but it didn't work either. HOWEVER, when i check the system processes, there it sits, not doing anything.

Attachments

• Error Installing.JPG
    Error Installing.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 578
Just did a Windows update and now the MultiTool doesn't launch ... worked OK up to this point, through many M$ updates and Norton didn't conflict. Running on an old Vista machine. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom