Work in progess and Previews

Excellent work as ever!

Is Augustus not a little too Germanic looking though? Would not a Roman have been a little darker skin and Hair-wise.
Thanks for the compliment.

I was basing his skin and hair color off of Suetonius who said "He had clear, bright eyes ... His teeth were wide apart, small, and ill-kept; his hair was slightly curly and inclining to golden; his eyebrows met. His ears were of moderate size, and his nose projected a little at the top and then bent ever so slightly inward. His complexion was between dark and fair."

I suppose Rome is in the middle of Italy so there was a mix of the darker Italians in the South and the fairer skinned Celts in the North.

i think augustus was fair in the text books, and they were not celtic but older indo-europeans overlapping an older race of none-europeans, hence latin is european

The latest leaderheads there look amazing. I was wondering if you were going to do some ancient leaderheads with the style you have done with the Civil War/Industrial Ages Leaderheads.

Top: The Senate, Augustus, Pericles, Alexander, Leonidas, Viriatus
Middle: Hannibal, Ramesses II, Mursili II, Ashurbanipal, Darius, Vercingetorix
Bottom: Ezana, Shi Huangdi

Attachments

• All.jpg
    All.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 155
Not always, some celtic and roman helmets were tinned (1st-3rd century AD, for example collection A.Guttmann)

Just looking at it again and I dont like those balls on the string over the asian guy, Shi Huangdi's face. It's making the leaderhead look weird and hard to see it, as it's more covering the screen, not his face. It just doesnt look proper to me. Other than that, that leaderhead looks just as good as the others.

For some more leaderheads of female and male rulers I would suggest,
Egyptian Rulers:
Queen Hatshepsut of Egypt
Queen Cleopatra of Egypt
Scythian Rulers:
Queen Tomyris of the Massagetae
A Scythian King, I could not find any Scythian King that had some sculpture or picture. Maybe you could just do a leaderhead that could represent Scythian.
Roman Rulers:
Empress Ulpia Severina (wife of Emperor Aurelian)
First Consul Lucius Junius Brutus (founder of the Roman Republic)
Byzantine Rulers:
Emperor Constantine I
Emperor Theodosius the Great
Empress Theodora of the Byzantines
Greek Rulers:
Queen Artemisia I of Caria (Halicarnassus)
Queen Eurydice I of Macedon
Ostrogoth Rulers
Queen Amalasuntha
Briton Rulers:
Queen Cartimandua of the Brigantes
Germanic Rulers:
Alaric I of the Visigoths
Babylonian Rulers:
King Hammurabi

I tried to find some female rulers that suited the similar time period as the ones you have just done. There are not too many female rulers in this time period and very few in Europe. Some of these I dont think are that well known.

First from left Zhang Ziyi? ;)
Saddam's face is a bit too smooth. The one next to him… I don't know whether he is or not, but he makes me think of James Brooke. Second from right on the first tier, looks like a Precolumbine American ruler.

Also, Shiro, we've been getting email spam from a purported you… you might want to check into that.

First from left Zhang Ziyi? ;)
Saddam's face is a bit too smooth. The one next to him… I don't know whether he is or not, but he makes me think of James Brooke. Second from right on the first tier, looks like a Precolumbine American ruler.

Also, Shiro, we've been getting email spam from a purported you… you might want to check into that.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the emails. I'll look into it.

As for Saddam. I'm not totally happy with it, but I was trying to get a balance for people who want multi-era heads.
Eras.jpg

Top Bottom