Serious help

xmind3rx

Chieftain
Ok so i have read through all your suggestions on here and what not but I just can't seem to do this lol. I've done it about 5 times in a row and get pounded each time. I'm new to Civilization this is the first one i've played and I read about this mod and it sounded awesome and i wanted to try it out and i love it. The assassins and the barrage ability and everything is really awesome.

This time around i've lasted longer, I kept my first settlement and just mass created Warriors then one worker and more warriors then archers. I made a few mines to help the process out and I had the warrior hero out lvling up. Well turn 100 came around and i had like 10 warriors and 8 archers and kept making archers because they were owning everything. My warrior died so i tried the magic chick and then she died so i picked up the assassin guy. I had him out and about with 3 other assassins picking off units. They mostly held the north west side again the barbarians while i let the south west side get to the city where they got raped by barrage then the archers themselves. I didn't loose a single unit at all till around round 240 or so when i got tired of it and I spread out some. I made a settlement at each choke point and moved forces to each. mostly the southern choke because they were charging like crazy. By this time they have macemen, catapults, pikemen, upgraded assassins or something bc they're lvl 1 assassins own my lvl 6 one makes no sense. But yeah. and now they're rushing both chokes and starting to push me back. IDK wth to do lol, Its driving me nuts.

When do they stop charging in at me?????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

They never stop charging!

I think the key to Civ, in pretty much any version (regular Civ or Fall From Heaven) is balancing defense and growth. In a regular epic game of either version, you must expand and build your economy; in AoI, you ahve nearby enemies so you have to emphasize warfare more than a normal game.

But you cannot ignore expansion either! Each city gives more money, research, troops, etc. It takes production, workers, and troops to make them work, but inthe long run, if they survive, they will pay off a lot.

In AOI, you do want to build a few cities and capture some. You also want to scout the map. The barbarians will spawn, you can really help yourself by captureing hte spawning grounds.

If you just build troops, as you did, you will have fewer cities and they will pass you in research; as you saw, they then had better units than they did.

There is no 'trick' for expansion vs. protection, you have to work this out. In AOI, I usually try to take the Doviello city to the north, and build one behind the mountains to your near West very quickly. Scout out as much and often has you can. Try it out, you will get better!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Aye, just keep playing. Try new things. Breunor is right, its a balancing act between growing your economy and growing your military and both are dependent on each other as you progress through the game. Exploring the map is very important in this scenario too. Definitely try to get a couple more cities in your starting valley as soon as you can while keeping the enemy out. Improve the tiles your cities are working as soon as possible. Try and protect your highly promoted units. Use inexperienced units as fodder to soften up difficult defenders. Its not an easy scenario so if you feel a bit over your head try the regular game for a bit.

Okay so I retired and I failed BUT I found this temple that gives me the magic stuff to make the one girl a sorc. So i RESTARTED again lol and went directly to it, grabbed it, and made her a sorc then went from there. turn 100 came around and one force came in and I fireballed them and that was IT. No one else came so I went out, took over all of the ones guys stuff and the first barb settlement. The one guy had his capital and that was it then go taken over by barbarians so now I'm fighting off hordes of frostlings and barbarians while trying to develop my stuff for assassins and and what not.

But i can't for the life of me find copper:confused:

Have you researched mining? If you have, right on top of the map, there are some buttons. The one with a circle and a question mark inside, click it. Then you'll be able to see resources.

Top Bottom