Meet the Modders

Interesting life: yesterday I made the (re)discovery that Argentina's idea of progress, duly backed up by CFC-OT's lunatic pseudo-Reds, is to cut deals with drug gangs and, when things get out of hand, use pump-action shotguns. All in a good day's work as it seems. :rolleyes:
Some of you may remember that I practice Aikido.
No, I don't think you've ever mentioned that before.
Steph said:
(…)So next year, I can start preparing the 1st Dan exam. But before that... I need to learn how to fold an hakama! Now that I'm 1st Kyu I have to wear it.
Congratulations!
Age is creeping up on me. It looks like my daughter will be getting married next August, and my son will be proposing this weekend. I will be going from empty nest to having a new son-in-law, who actually loves board and miniature gaming, so he is greatly welcomed, and a new daughter-in-law.

I have also just been elected again, after an extended hiatus, to the local Public Library Board, so back to having fun budgeting and all of the other headaches that come with being a public official.

Oh, and I now have a license to produce material for the Mongoose Publishing version of the Traveller Science-Fiction role-playing game. That should be fun. Looking forward to using the Map Editor for generating ideas of how planets should look. I assume that I cannot use the maps generated directly.
Maybe it's just that you're catching up with life instead of it creeping up on you.

No, I don't think you've ever mentioned that before.
What? I started a thread a few years ago about this in sports section of OT, and you don't remember that? Shame on you!

But more seriously, just a few threads above there's a picture of my club's members.

It's an incredibly depressing fact that I can't find anything about last Saturday's incidents. The official position appears to be that football-related violence is only that which happens directly in front of a camera when the state is trying to film a match. Otherwise, spectators running and dodging for their lives is simply some quaint picturesque feature not worth mentioning. I. Am. Effin'. Pissed.
What? I started a thread a few years ago about this in sports section of OT, and you don't remember that? Shame on you!

But more seriously, just a few threads above there's a picture of my club's members.
:sarcasm:
I will be part of the city's library team in the upcoming international book fair here :)
I might even have a speaker's role or something. Given i am so used to lectures by now.
Well, that's a way to conquer the world.

Maybe it's just that you're catching up with life instead of it creeping up on you.

Hmm, we did have kids pretty late, I was 39 when my second son was born, and 41 when my daughter was born. My first son was born when I was 33, but he died as an infant. As my hair turned gray early, I was mistaken as my kids grandfather a lot. My daughter kept trying to convince me to dye my hair.

^It is claimed that the South begins on the other side of Avenida Rivadavia.
The Argentine Republic's borders are the River Plate, the General Paz highway and the Riachuelo river. Beyond… sunt dracones.
Kyriakos said:
I first have to rise above the South. Even if it is just the South of the South.
Well, you can always start from Antarctica…
Hmm, we did have kids pretty late, I was 39 when my second son was born, and 41 when my daughter was born. My first son was born when I was 33, but he died as an infant. As my hair turned gray early, I was mistaken as my kids grandfather a lot. My daughter kept trying to convince me to dye my hair.
:scan: Maybe it was a ploy to get herself allowed to dye her hair. Women are wily.

It used to be usual to have children well into your 40s. The modern notion that it's weird to have children after the age of 35 is quite a recent thing, following the advent of the Pill and other advances in both family planning and natal care.

I learned this recently as we're having one later this year and, at 39, I'm feeling old to be doing so!

It used to be usual to have children well into your 40s. The modern notion that it's weird to have children after the age of 35 is quite a recent thing, following the advent of the Pill and other advances in both family planning and natal care.

I learned this recently as we're having one later this year and, at 39, I'm feeling old to be doing so!

Great news :)

Yeah... When someone ways "I slept like a Baby", I answer "You woke up every two hours crying?"

When my daughter was born, my wife was depressed for 2-3 months, and she had difficulty taking care of the baby (it seems it can happen sometimes due to hormonal changes in the body). She did her part, but the "minimum". So I was the one giving the bottle, changing the diapers, singing lullaby (boor baby, I'm on horrible singer).
I think it created some kind of bond, and I'm very close to my daughter. But now...
I don't sleep anymore. I usually manage to get asleep around 1 am, and wake up around 4 or 5, and can't manage to really sleep again.

I think before my daughter was born, I used to have longer nights, and never fully recovered.

Or maybe old people just require less sleep...

Well, I'm not sleeping at the moment anyway, because the constant agony of the pregnancy keeps my wife awake most of the night. We're anticipating actually sleeping better once the baby comes.

Ha ha ha! That's a good one... It shows it's your first. But don't worry, the first 14 years are the most difficult (I can't tell if it gets better after, my son will turn 14 in one week).

Joke aside, kids are really a joy :)

Top Bottom