Infinite Golden Age and Science Age

somewhat late to the thread ı had this thing back in 2009 (before ı was fully modded to 1.22) where ı was so certain of having a working science age . These saves could be help or could not , can never tell ; it might have been already solved even .

still best wishes , any improvement would be wellcome . Will these patches support XP as well , considering ı have my old computer now fixed ?

Can I just ask? Why would anyone want to give any civilization an infinite golden age or infinite science age? If I use a patch, I'd want one that keeps the golden age and science age working the same way it works now...

Maybe there is a way to make a patch that allows us to set the duration for each in a text file or an xml file or something...

Can I just ask? Why would anyone want to give any civilization an infinite golden age or infinite science age? If I use a patch, I'd want one that keeps the golden age and science age working the same way it works now...

Science age doesn't work now. It's a long-known bug.

The point isn't infinite ages, it's the ability to set arbitrary age limits outside what the editor can do, and eventually this let to him figuring out how to fix the science age bug. :goodjob:

Try this:
Patch_v3

(it's for C3C v1.22)

I think I did it! Not so graceful as I wanted: I used free space in PE-header block alignment :D

To be guru I should've placed fix insctuctions into the code segment. I already know, what function can be signally shrinked to release the space.
So it's not far off.
Becides, it would also release some space for another assembled patches.

There is also save game to test it. I've already described initial conditions (see).

So, that patch has multiplier from the previous version (3.00).

Having that described conditons it should take only 1 turn to complete current research (Space) with zero bulbs at the start.
:confused:
I'm confused. What does this first patch V3 do?
Fix the Science Age, but it's set to a multiplier of 3.00 instead of 1.25?? And it's infinitive, or not?

I'm not sure what I'm downloading here.

I'm confused. What does this first patch V3 do?
Fix the Science Age, but it's set to a multiplier of 3.00 instead of 1.25?? And it's infinitive, or not?
Antals patch V3 is a very early and experimental version.

Please try the latest V8: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526285

In Antals first text is also a description of what the patch is doing. ;)

In the later patch is however no infinitive golden age. But as compensation is the science golden age fixed.

Hey there! I butchered Antal's v3 patch to only provide science age fix (with original x1.25 multiplier) so I'm putting it there in case somebody else needs it. (See attachment.)
Disclaimer: it's still all Antal's code, nothing added but only removed. I hope Antal doesn't take offence! While I think his v8 patch framework is pretty awesome, I just happened to need a minimalistic solution.
The patch, like all others, is for Conquests v1.21 to v1.22, and is 100% guaranteed to do absolutely nothing but fix science age. Mutiplier is restored to 1.25. All credit goes to Antal, not me.

Attachments

• Civ3Conquests_SciAgeFixed.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
Top Bottom