Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

Thanks. I need texture for some red rock terran(Duratar, Thousand needles, Badlands, redridge, Stonetalon mountains), salt dessert(Shimmering flats), some grey wasteland(Decolace), swamps(Wetlands, Duskswallow marsh, Swamp of Sorrow), REAL jungles(Stranglethorn, Feralas, Ungore Crater), nightelven forests(Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale), felwood forests(felwood), snow covered tundra(Winterspring, Dun Morogh, Northernd), a haunted forrest(Tirisfall, Silverpine), haunted grassland(Tirisfall, Silverpine), a grass land with some brown ooze over(Plaquelands), savanna(Barrens, Westfall), Black wasteland (Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes), A black crater thing for the Cauldren in Searing Gorge. :)

Magma said:
Thanks. I need texture for some red rock terran(Duratar, Thousand needles, Badlands, redridge, Stonetalon mountains), salt dessert(Shimmering flats), some grey wasteland(Decolace), swamps(Wetlands, Duskswallow marsh, Swamp of Sorrow), REAL jungles(Stranglethorn, Feralas, Ungore Crater), nightelven forests(Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale), felwood forests(felwood), snow covered tundra(Winterspring, Dun Morogh, Northernd), a haunted forrest(Tirisfall, Silverpine), haunted grassland(Tirisfall, Silverpine), a grass land with some brown ooze over(Plaquelands), savanna(Barrens, Westfall), Black wasteland (Searing Gorge, Burning Steppes), A black crater thing for the Cauldren in Searing Gorge. :)

Hey magma if i get you textures for all these things can you use it to create the custom terrain. if soo ill try to find some textures some from the game itself.:p

can someone ask at sc legacy about having some support from them? perhaps we get some 3d models from them or one of the 2d artists would like to help out with portraits/ buttons, tech, whatever. perhaps i will have some time to get on unit portraits myself (but not before thursday and cant promise anything spectacular, have to try out some things)

seZereth said:
can someone ask at sc legacy about having some support from them? perhaps we get some 3d models from them or one of the 2d artists would like to help out with portraits/ buttons, tech, whatever. perhaps i will have some time to get on unit portraits myself (but not before thursday and cant promise anything spectacular, have to try out some things)

Thanks so much for provideing us your time and effort seZereth. I will try to contact Starcraft legacy and ask for their help towards art.

Actually, i finally after MUCH time, i finally imported a warcraft Model of a Marine they did, they also made a Hydralisk and Zergling, which ill get later, heres the picthure of the untextred marine. its a beauty!

Give me some feed back if we should use it or not. it still has to be animated and well add sound and effects to it in later time.

Attachments

• StarCraft Marine.jpg
    StarCraft Marine.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 259
well, gun looks too big, and i (!) would prefer a closed helmet for the standard marine unit. So if it wont be so cubic in game, i could try to texture it ;) (later). But you still would have to animate it.

seZereth said:
well, gun looks too big, and i (!) would prefer a closed helmet for the standard marine unit. So if it wont be so cubic in game, i could try to texture it ;) (later). But you still would have to animate it.

Got it shrink gun, and give helmet, but im not sure if i can give it a glass texture and it would show up in the game. although we can texture it to black. i stil need to learn animation lol but will do by tomarrow!

Edit: Can we add bump maps and it will show ingame?

hehe, by the way i had an idea about trying to reskin some civ4 units for having a zergling, a marine and a zealot, well, lets see what i can do ;)

seZereth said:
hehe, by the way i had an idea about trying to reskin some civ4 units for having a zergling, a marine and a zealot, well, lets see what i can do ;)

sure thing seZereth, can you just tell me how you skin a model (what program, some tecniques etc...) if you have a link to a site just give it to me.
to model im just telling you that i use Maya and do you want me to UV map the units because unfortunately i dont know how. hehe sorry bout that:blush:.

Killamike718 said:
Thanks so much for provideing us your time and effort seZereth. I will try to contact Starcraft legacy and ask for their help towards art.

Actually, i finally after MUCH time, i finally imported a warcraft Model of a Marine they did, they also made a Hydralisk and Zergling, which ill get later, heres the picthure of the untextred marine. its a beauty!

Give me some feed back if we should use it or not. it still has to be animated and well add sound and effects to it in later time.
Its beatiful, yet needs the skin ofc. If you say that you can import units from WC 3 then we might have a great advantage in the WC mod.

To the other question. If you find the textures ill find out how to add them to the terran and make the map even better and more acurate.

On whole another subject. ive thought about what taurens should say when you meet them, and i thought up this:
"Greetings young one, I am Cairn of the Bloodhoof Clan. The tauren seek peace to all races of Azeroth. Do you want peace or do you walk among the brutal Centaurs?"

Magma said:
Its beatiful, yet needs the skin ofc. If you say that you can import units from WC 3 then we might have a great advantage in the WC mod.

To the other question. If you find the textures ill find out how to add them to the terran and make the map even better and more acurate.

On whole another subject. ive thought about what taurens should say when you meet them, and i thought up this:
"Greetings young one, I am Cairn of the Bloodhoof Clan. The tauren seek peace to all races of Azeroth. Do you want peace or do you walk among the brutal Centaurs?"

the units come with the textures but to import them, only get the model although i can also change the file of the texture so we can use it. ill try to find terrain textures soo we can add the terrain!

LOL love the comment now we gotta think of every other lol.

Killamike718 said:
the units come with the textures but to import them, only get the model although i can also change the file of the texture so we can use it. ill try to find terrain textures soo we can add the terrain!

LOL love the comment now we gotta think of every other lol.
Great:) Ill do that in the mean time.

Also the need of help message:

"The defilers of the earthmother is growing in strength. The Tauren needs your help -insert name here-!"

Tribute:

"You have defiled and dishonored the Earth Mother far too long accept this tribute or we will crush you beneath our hoofs!"

If Denied:

"You will recieve our message soon. You will die before the might of the Tauren."

When meeting him.

"Take heart young one. What is it you wish?"

If Denieing a trade:

"My humblest apolegies, the Tauren has no interesting such a trade."

If accepting a trade, or other:

"May the bond between the Tauren and the -insert race name here- grow ever stronger!"

Just thoughts:crazyeye:

I think Raynor is a good leader for the Terrans, yet I think we could go deeper and have several sects of Protoss, Zerg, and Terrans.

Magma said:
Great:) Ill do that in the mean time.

Also the need of help message:

"The defilers of the earthmother is growing in strength. The Tauren needs your help -insert name here-!"

Tribute:

"You have defiled and dishonored the Earth Mother far too long accept this tribute or we will crush you beneath our hoofs!"

If Denied:

"You will recieve our message soon. You will die before the might of the Tauren."

When meeting him.

"Take heart young one. What is it you wish?"

If Denieing a trade:

"My humblest apolegies, the Tauren has no interesting such a trade."

If accepting a trade, or other:

"May the bond between the Tauren and the -insert race name here- grow ever stronger!"

Just thoughts:crazyeye:

we need to start implamenting these in, where are our XMLers where did they go??? we gotta start the basics of the mod than later graphics will come.

Leif said:
I think Raynor is a good leader for the Terrans, yet I think we could go deeper and have several sects of Protoss, Zerg, and Terrans.

Leif were on the same page, yes thats what were gonna do hopefully, although there are not many terran leaders.

I was thinking of adding space orcs for the StarCraft MOD as barbarians or some NPC or even a CIV.

im working on the ghost Model for StarCraft MOD, gimme some inputs or else ill do him my way.:crazyeye:

Great News everyone,

The Ancient Mediterranian MOD has finally been complete and is at Version 1.0. this was my favorite MOD for CIV III and will play it for CIV IV. heres a link to the MOD, i reccomend you try it!:goodjob:
Ancient Mediterranian MOD for CIV IV

Hi there. i have uploaded what i have for starcraft (except the music, my internet is too slow). the zip includes 2 starcraft fonts (the one is a .ttf and the other is coloured .gif pictures of the letters), icons and mouse cursors (most of them animated :) ), and a sound utility that can rip all the sounds off the game. hope itll come in handy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13941033/Starcraft.rar.html

p.s.: sry for my inactivity, i have some exams now :( .

until now i just reskinned models, so dont know about 3d modelling. just give me a texture file, where i can see where to skin the head, the body, etc (should be colored or something). to test it, i also need the model to work in civ, so i can look at it... well so i would say, first of all try to get the basics working, as graphics (models) are the flesh to the skeleton. and perhaps if we wait a little bit, there will be some sci fi models out there, which i can reskin then to fit the SC universe.

For Spaceorks, i wouldnt take them, as they dont fit in SC, i think. But well you can implement them after u made the 3 main races.

The scout could be a reskin of the Navy Seal unit from civ4. i allready thought about that.

Am a little bit busy right now, so dont expect much from me in next time.

milan said:
Hi there. i have uploaded what i have for starcraft (except the music, my internet is too slow). the zip includes 2 starcraft fonts (the one is a .ttf and the other is coloured .gif pictures of the letters), icons and mouse cursors (most of them animated :) ), and a sound utility that can rip all the sounds off the game. hope itll come in handy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13941033/Starcraft.rar.html

p.s.: sry for my inactivity, i have some exams now :( .

Thank you very much Milan,
exams are always more important, and I hope you the best of luck. dont forget to study hard:goodjob:

seZereth said:
until now i just reskinned models, so dont know about 3d modelling. just give me a texture file, where i can see where to skin the head, the body, etc (should be colored or something). to test it, i also need the model to work in civ, so i can look at it... well so i would say, first of all try to get the basics working, as graphics (models) are the flesh to the skeleton. and perhaps if we wait a little bit, there will be some sci fi models out there, which i can reskin then to fit the SC universe.

For Spaceorks, i wouldnt take them, as they dont fit in SC, i think. But well you can implement them after u made the 3 main races.

The scout could be a reskin of the Navy Seal unit from civ4. i allready thought about that.

Am a little bit busy right now, so dont expect much from me in next time.

Thanks you for your work seZereth,
i actually have the Texture for the Terran Marine but i am creating a Terran Ghost which i will learn to UV map and texure him myself. we actually have a Zergling and Hydralisk Model and Texture. Towards buildings it should be a breeze, models will bve simple and textures easy to put on! So well save space orcs for later (the only reason i thought of that is because In warcraft there is a model and texture of one. the zergling. marine and hydralisk are the Only models that blizzard made for warcraft III. soo those units will be easey to implament in the game.).Please again forgive me for disturbing your busy schedule and everyone elses, also no need to apologize we all have a busy life sometimes (im currently on vacation!:lol:).
thanks again.

P.S.: by the way i tried to go on the Starcraft Legacy forums and registered but when i tried to go into a topic, there was an error, i tried with both my computers. you guys give it a shot and tell me how it goes.

I dont know about space orcs, it really doesnt fit into SC lore at all. What about Zerg outcasts?

Also ideas for Terran leaders:

Angus Mengsk(Formed the Rebellion of Korhal)
Arcturus Mengsk(Son of Angus, convinced Raynor and Kerigan to make him their leader)
Raynor
Admiral Gerard DuGalle

Protoss:
Tassadar
Judicator Aldaris
Praetor Fenix
Dark Templar Zeratul

Zerg:
Kerrigan the Queen of Blades
The Overmind.

Top Bottom