Magic: The Gathering and other card-based RPGs

I started out by playing a blue/red deck that I liked...red for offense and blue for defense/buffs. I liked it a lot, actually. I should go revive it.

I think we actually talked abuot it before; I recall you're half-joking, as you realize the power disparity but like it, do I recall correctly?

I recognize that is was probably too strong, but I think they've gone too far the other way. I don't like it because of the power disparity, I like it because to me it's just the most fun play style, I've always liked controlling the board in any game I play where it's possible.

Play magic long enough and you stop playing standard so much and put more into modern. Play even longer and eventually youl start playing legacy. Play even longer and youl join the dark side and play vintage. Play to long and youl start playng vintage. Keep playing and youl get tired of spending so much money and go back to standard.

This is the third cycle of returning to standard, and I have become very efficient at it.

Play magic long enough and you stop playing standard so much and put more into modern. Play even longer and eventually youl start playing legacy. Play even longer and youl join the dark side and play vintage. Play to long and youl start playng vintage. Keep playing and youl get tired of spending so much money and go back to standard.

This is the third cycle of returning to standard, and I have become very efficient at it.

Play even longer, and you realise they're all boring and start playing EDH :p

Indeed. Stick to decent formats and you can still play all the blue control you want.

Though on the subject of draw-go, I've recently put together a Yeva, Nature's Herald deck that pretty much does that in mono-G :lol:

Green control as a concept actually fascinates me as a concept, and I personally think that it should be an archetype Wizards explored once in a while; green has a lot of spirituality and territorialism and the current creature-based control decks of Standard should have been easily translatable to green. One thing is the heavy flash theme, another could be proper creatures with the fight ability, more resilient or recursable deathtouch creatures (or flash deathtouch creatures, of which there currently only exists one in monogreen) , consistent fog abilities (such as a modernized Singing Tree) and powerful noncreature-permanent-destruction to hold the opponent back; and then perhaps a defensive enchantment theme. It should be possible; and I at least think it should be more possible than red, which is actually quite awkward since red already has the Big Red archetype that has control qualities, giving the game's "fast color" more control viability than the game's "big color". I think it could be explored.

Indeed. Stick to decent formats and you can still play all the blue control you want.

Though on the subject of draw-go, I've recently put together a Yeva, Nature's Herald deck that pretty much does that in mono-G :lol:

Those formats are too rich for my blood.

Not that it matters, I haven't played Magic for years outside of an odd draft with friends here and there.

Yup, if you play legacy its brainstorm+fetchland, the closest thing to ancestral recall you can get(aside from the bane of my existence, Treasure Cruise).
I'm a modern player mostly, I would play junk or jund midrange if goyf wasn't 190 each. I'll just stick with birthing pod for now. Treasure cruise is a really dumb card in a format full of cheap cantrips and fetchlands.

Also, buying packs is normally a bad idea compared to just purchasing singles.

Top Bottom