Planetside 2

We have a lvl 100 TR pilot on Miller who is always stalking behind the lines with his mossie, but if you ever catch him off guard and shoot him down with flak he just logs out to avoid being killed. Boo.

But most of the 100's I meet show bad sportsmanship. I guess most of them levelled by exploiting broken game mechanics (like "roflpods" during the early release stage and vehicle camping later on).

Are there any current exploits that need attention?

Are there any current exploits that need attention?

Haven't seen any lately, but I only play about an hour a week now.

There are regular in-game posts by moderators and the forums are as well populated as WoW forums, so I doubt there's anything that would be posted on CFC that wouldn't already be over commented elsewhere

We have a lvl 100 TR pilot on Miller who is always stalking behind the lines with his mossie, but if you ever catch him off guard and shoot him down with flak he just logs out to avoid being killed. Boo.

But most of the 100's I meet show bad sportsmanship. I guess most of them leveled by exploiting broken game mechanics (like "roflpods" during the early release stage and vehicle camping later on).

No doubt. It's very easy to level with a premium account and obsessive in-game hours (I hit level 30-something in my first month), and the game has gone through several game-balance/tactics evolutions that made me feel like the game is really in open beta (which probably is how some of the 'ace' players leveled). Probably why I stopped putting money and much time into the game.

I still play it! I enjoy the Hossin map and I'm looking forward to the Valkyrie too.

Yeah, I'm a big player as well.

And I'm also saving up certs for the Valk, can't wait to use the air harasser!

I invested really heavily into the engineer, and APC only to have there Cert earnings ability nerfed completely. Use to earn so much from repairing, spawning from my APC and resupplying ammo.
That was the end of PS2. Investing time and money only to have "rebalance" nerf everything I own.

Sill here. Now BR 86 and finally at a point where I can get all these 1k cert upgrades because I don't have anything else left to unlock.

A bit sad about the PPA nerf, but apart from that the game has improved quite a bit in the past few month. Hossin is pretty darn great - the new base design allows for much better firefights compared to Indar.

I haven't played in a while so should probably check it out. Are most players going to Hossin now instead of Indar? Because hardly anybody was going to the other two continents before they added the map changes, and even then, the battles are not nearly as large as the ones on Indar.

I haven't played in a while so should probably check it out. Are most players going to Hossin now instead of Indar? Because hardly anybody was going to the other two continents before they added the map changes, and even then, the battles are not nearly as large as the ones on Indar.

Continent Locking solved Indarside by forcing rotations of the continents. That, and on Emerald where I play we play with three full continents at primetime with the fourth half-full or so (yay server merges!) So you can get a good battle anywhere nowadays. My favorite place though is Amerish.

Sill here. Now BR 86 and finally at a point where I can get all these 1k cert upgrades because I don't have anything else left to unlock.

A bit sad about the PPA nerf, but apart from that the game has improved quite a bit in the past few month. Hossin is pretty darn great - the new base design allows for much better firefights compared to Indar.

#Nevar4get #70MagSizePPA :D

Although in all seriousness the nerf meant very little, my farmrider still can get 30+ kills per pull if I have a competent gunner.

Also, what server do you guys all play on? It might be nice to have a CFC squad in game sometime.

I invested really heavily into the engineer, and APC only to have there Cert earnings ability nerfed completely. Use to earn so much from repairing, spawning from my APC and resupplying ammo.
That was the end of PS2. Investing time and money only to have "rebalance" nerf everything I own.

I still make almost all my certs from being an engineer every now and then.

As a TR, good riddance to the PPA :p

It was good for a while, but they kind of messed up continent locking with the new alert system, so a lot of people still flock to Indar. Emerald prime-time is pretty good at filling out other continents though, so you can avoid Indarside pretty easily.

We're talking PS2 in the weekend deals thread, so I figured I'd bump this.

I still occasionally enjoy logging on to my 60 something TR on Connery. Go fascists!

Bah! Gatlings over shotguns any day of the week!

Speaking of which, I started playing again for a bit last week on a new NC sniper and I was afraid that the top tier players may have grown so far in power relative to me that I would have no chance.

But Planetside's really come a long way. I could spend hours picking off Vanuscum with a scoped rifle. I got a silencer too, but I'm not too much in love with it anymore because it reduced the effective range to like, nothing.

Terrans scare me though. Maybe I had just ran into a particularly tough bunch of them the last time I was on, but everytime I get into battles with Terrans, I don't feel like I do as well for some reason.

Honestly, it all comes down to what server you're on and when you're playing. TR on Emerald isn't doing too hot right now (doesn't help the fact that AOD has eaten up just about everyone) which is the server I'm on.

As a TR, Emerald Vanu scare me the most.

Speaking of which, I started playing again for a bit last week on a new NC sniper and I was afraid that the top tier players may have grown so far in power relative to me that I would have no chance.

But Planetside's really come a long way. I could spend hours picking off Vanuscum with a scoped rifle. I got a silencer too, but I'm not too much in love with it anymore because it reduced the effective range to like, nothing.

Terrans scare me though. Maybe I had just ran into a particularly tough bunch of them the last time I was on, but everytime I get into battles with Terrans, I don't feel like I do as well for some reason.

BR3 bolt driver user is the second most dangerous thing in the game, right after a BR5 using a Trac-5 with no attachments.

Joecoolyo, what outfit do you play with?

An outfit my friends and I created, I'd be surprised if you recognized it. STP or Sealteampotato.

We sometimes lead pubby herds during alerts when no one else will, especially late at night after AOD goes to bed.

Huge update just happened - I haven't played in at least a year, but I'll be loading it up again to check it out.

Biggest new thing is construction - Ants have been re-introduced, and apparently the game has a whole RTS-like element to it now, with mining and creation of player-made bases being a major feature.

Here's a video that covers the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNDXI6wUGA

The game is doing incredibly well now. Populations on Emerald have doubled more or less overnight and there are a ton of good fights now. The Construction system also has significantly changed the metagame and there is fighting over more varied locations now.

I gotta agree - the new construction system feels pretty great and leads to battle in locations that you'd never had set foot on before. Also the Indar rework is fantastic - I had great fights over cap points, thanks to a layout with much more cover and flanking opportunities.

In one case I built a base on the cliffs next to Tawrich Tech Planet near Scarred Mesa Skydock. We fought for half an hour before a Vanguard Zerg took down the defences. Another time we defended the big bridge near Regent Rock, resulting in a a massive infantry fight akin to the meta we had two years ago on release. It was fantastic.

The thing that sucks, though, is that the construction stuff is so outragously costly. Considering that it is an especially great activity for new players, paying 1000-1500 certs (or 7 bucks) PER ITEM just feels overprized. Same for the 30$ construction bundle, which is actually faction specific. Which just gets me to think: "Wow, they are really desperate to milk this game dry before it dies."

Top Bottom