Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are few of my personal favs from BF2142, I'd post some of BF2 but I only have low-res crap:
Figures

Big minefield

How do you find CoH? I have it, but haven't had much of a chance to get into it. From what I've played, it seems to be single-handedly the greatest WW2 RTS Game ever, but that's just me.

I find it to be fantastic, but the wargamer in me wishes that the base building aspect was removed altogether. Also, having to personally instruct your troops to throw grenades or retreat can be a pain. But these are minor complaints. :)

The AI is actually pretty challenging, I find, though obviously it could stand to learn a thing or two about tank obstacles. :crazyeye:

PrinceScamp said:
Darth_Pugwash: What's up with your pictures? They don't look like in game shots. Heh, man, that game looks sweet, I need to get the demo... then the full game.

stickciv said:
they arent game shots. CoH is a top down RTS, not an fps. The shots are pre-rendered

They aren't pre-renders, they are in-game shots that I've messed around with. CoH is a top down game but you can zoom right in and check if your troops have tied their boot-laces if you want. :D

Here's an example:

Original screeny:

Film reel look:

Weird smudgey look:

:D

I used Photoshop Elements 2.0, which is actually quite old, the latest version is 5.0.

Basically, added three effects: a little bit of blur to get rid of the jaggies, then 'film grain' and 'desaturate'. :)

If any CoH players are wondering how to get rid of the UI and other on-screen bits-and-bobs, you can type in two console commands which get rid of all the UI.

First, right click on your CoH shortcut and select properties. In the target line, add "-dev" at the end, like so:

"C:\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev

Then when in the game (not the menu) hold Ctrl+Shift+@ to open the console. Type in these commands:

"message_hide"
"taskbar_hide"

To get the UI back type:

"message_show"
"taskbar_show"

Done! Unfortunatley 'taskbar_hide' also gets rid of the markings on vehicles, like the Iron Crosses on German vehicles etc. You have to use the shortcut you edited for the commands to work, and you can't use that shortcut for online games either, IIRC.

If anyone is wondering, the little logo in the corner is the Relic logo, the company that made the game. When futzing around with the effects, the logo got all messed up as well, and somehow that really annoyed me, so I copy-pasted an untarnished logo onto each pic. :lol:

Here is another edit of the above motorbike:

Painting look

:D

Grrhhh grindy. Just cleared out all the mobs in the area and need to recharge my mana.

i do like to fly around and the graphic are simply but pleasing

Famous last words :lol:
"somebody pull" (I managed to survive along with our healer. no healer agro)

EDIT:Free MMO for those interested
http://www.gpotato.com/

Company of Heroes screenies again! :D

Flak gun firing at a bridge

Panthers with modded skins

Use GIMP, anyways, do all the screenies you get in CoH have the Relic logo on the bottom?

The Silent Hunter thread reminded me of some screenshots I have from SH3.

Not mine, but a beauty:

This is mine. Sometimes, when it's dark and it's just a lone ship on the sea, I like to scare the hell out of them just before the torpedo hits.

And it should be noted that this ship wasn't the one sunk by my torpedo. It was circling overhead far too slowly dropping depth-charges, and kind of killed itself. It sank slow enough for me to realise and take a chance at the second destroyer.

I love the people flying off the ship in all directions.
" Whee! barrel roll!"

I can't see your first pic, Kan!

stickciv: Yup, all the CoH screens get the relic logo on them

Warcraft 3 Axis and Allies Mod.... Needless to say the Soviets (me) lost that battle judging by the blood

also one moment that sticks out in my mind but would be impossible to screenshot, In Hidden and Dangerous I was fighting agianst a bunch of Italians in a snipe war, one of them shot my helmet off so naturally i went after it....

long story short I end up single handedly running through a battlefield after a helmet rolling away with Italian snipers shooting at me :p

^
Someone in this thread finally decided to post pics from intresting games.

(subscription post :p)

This is a slightly more gory one from FEAR. Completely accidentally, I got three headshots in a row with the nailgun (I think that's the weapon) as the enemy were running into the room in a perfect line. I admit I felt rather guilty, but it was picture worthy.

If there was anybody running after me getting freaked out by the freaky events in the building, I obviously haven't helped things for them...

Isn't that a revenge battleship in the first shot. How do you take screenies in SH3? I've actually managed to sneak into a taskforce to fire 4 torpedoes into one of those. One sploded prematurely, one missed and two hit. Oh it went down in the biggest blast I've seen.

Could be it Dido cruiser or something similar in the last? Looks quite heavily armed for a mere destroyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom