Weekend Specials Online

im waiting till the price of company of heroes drops down.

Pretty good deal, too bad my graphics card is 128mb

this isn't a week-end special per say, but Empire Total War is on sale on Steam right now for 25$. Apparently the new patch makes the game significantly more interesting, but I haven't tried it yet. I got Medieval 2 Total War a couple of weeks ago and if I go back to playing a Total War game it'll probably be this one for now...

Now that I've played it on a computer that isn't a crummy laptop with overheating problems and a junky graphics card, I can attest that this game is pretty damn awesome on a good computer. The AI can do plenty of things it used to suck at, there's more unit diversification (and a whole helluva lot more if you get the DLC) and they're starting to open up the non-major powers for play and add historical battles. I'd recommend it if you can run it well, if you can't I'd be iffy.

Coh Gold for $5 at Direct2Drive

There's some other good titles there too for $5 including Mount & Blade, Titan Quest Gold (Diablo II clone, but it's pretty good)

I still haven't used D2D, but this is tempting... Does it suck monkey balls? Do most people here us it?

Small sample size for me, having only used it once, but it :)'d me when I bought my Civ 4 BTS so that it only starts up once in a blue moon.

You can take the serial keys from D2D and use them to activate the game in your STEAM account if the game is sold via STEAM.

However, IGNorant.com and D2D reject my perfectly good credit card and don't need my money anyway.

That's not always the case PrinceScamp. I have only had 2 games translate from D2D into steam: Unreal Tournament 3 and Defense Grid (which actually opened steam when I ran the installer).

I know CD Keys from D2D of COH and Titan Quest will not work in Steam.

The service is clientless. However there can be some installation woes. Generally they can be mitigated if you use their download manager.

Burning CD's however I can not say for sure. I do know, however, the first time you run the application after installing it asks for a validation code (similar to Windows validation) which you can either complete online, or call their customer support.

I find it is about the same as Gamersgate.com (but not as easy as Steam) when it comes to ease of use when downloading and installing. Of course where Steam's failings are in the client so no service is the best of both worlds.

Except GoodOldGames, they test and ensure that the game will work on XP and Vista. No DRM, you can back it up however many times you want, etc.

Only downside is a limited catalogue :/

Direct2Drive's 5 year anniversary is still going on.

East India Company for $5

That's a crazy low price for such a newish release. I have no idea if the game is any good however, anyone have any experience?

I think it's a subscription deal like WoW and Burning Sea

But it is 100% multiplayer right? No single player campagin?

Top Bottom