Your player rank

I still don't get how Hollywood works. I had initially assumed that it just plain doubled fame for everything, but the wiki entries about randomly choosing someone is confusing.

Hollywood isn't required for getting above 1000 fame. I've done it myself.

What Hollywood does is simple. Every time your civ wins an era, everyone in your civ gets their usual fame points from winning the era. But one lucky chap in your civ will get twice as much. That's it. It's a useless wonder, and can even make someone in fame points just below you in your civ jump over you.

Yeah, when I realized I was within reach, I just built it anyway because it counted as a wonder for an era win, and a 1% or 5% or 50% or whatever chance of a gain was better than nothing. If someone else jumped above it didn't matter to me, it was the same as no gain at all as far as 1k was concerned.

Someone needs to work out the fame points per era for each rank. That information would be plenty useful for strategizing in general, and extremely useful especially for people aiming for the 1k achievement.

Building medals: You have to be first to build a ginormous building the moment the building is unlocked.
Science medals: you need to lead the research when a tech is completed.
There's a page somewhere in the game that explains the medals that are still available in the current game somewhere... Maybe the bottom left (throneroom) or bottom right (civ) button. Don't recall.

Top Bottom