How is your Victoria Game going?

Steam uses a different checksum than other versions. It is not universal like EU3.

Browsling@ I have a Steam copy if you want to play sometime.

Maybe at some point when I have more time, and the skill to not get beaten into a pulp by another human.

I've played my NGF game a little bit more, had Austria declare war on me, and after a long war of attrition, finally had their armies out of my land and was about to add the Assert Hegemony wargoal, when stupid Russia declared war on me. Luckily Austria offered a white peace shortly after the Russian declaration of war.

Russia so far has sent two stacks of 40 000 to my borders, which I think is all, and if it is, I'll be fine. I'm still #4 in military score, whereas Russia is something like 6 or 7

I also have a Steam copy.

IIRC it is possible to de-Steamify Victoria II; the different checksum is (supposedly?) caused by a few files steam chucks into the folder. By copying the Victoria II folder to a directory outside the Steam one, its possible to delete the files and obtain the same checksum. It could also be done within the Steam directory, but if you have set Steam to auto-update it may restore them. This is all based on one post I read on the paradox forums. I also don't know which files would need to be deleted.

My first Prussia game. (and second overall)

October 28, 1840 is the date. I've warred with Denmark, the Netherlands, and Austria, in that order.

Spoiler :

My current game as Sardinia-Piedmont circa 1864.
Spoiler :

Fought Austria-Hungary for Milan and Venetia, then 2 years later Austria-Hungary allied me and dragged me, willingly, into 2 defensive wars against the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire. Both of which ended in victory with Status Quo.

I added Egypt in my Sphere of Influence and promptly built the Suez Canal, I now have alliances with most Central European nations, which includes Wurttenburg (rs?), the North German Federation, Austria-Hungary and 2 other minor German States. Considering helping the NFG if they take on Austria-Hungary for German supremacy.

Parma, Modena and Tuscany, in that order, all petitioned for annexation into the great state of Sardinia-Piedmont. The Papal States continuously refuse my offer of alliance, possibly because France beat me to adding them into their sphere. I am now working on ridding them of that pesky European so we can be a unified Italian power.

Note: I colored Austria brown with white borders to make it easier to see.
Spoiler :

Problem? :p

The CSA is so ugly :( And Take Trento, Istiria and Dalamtia back from those pesky Austrians :p.

The US is only 1 province away from beating them, so those borders will soon disappear which sucks for me as I recognized the CSA in the hopes they would win for once. :(

As for taking Trent and the other regions, I had planned to do so if the NGF declares on AH and I side with the NGF and take them. After all I need to keep up my alliances here as France is starting to get a bit hostile to my actions against them in the Papal States administration. (Banning them from doing business with the Papal States. :))

Spoiler :

Almost halfway into (~1880) my current Australia game. Because I use a different color scheme, and also for my personal satisfaction, I labeled the map for y'all. Australia is actually a forest green color in the normal game. A few things of note:

-France and the UK switched places atop the GP list (although this is probably due to me releasing Australia as the UK)
-Denmark got reduced to its capital region by Prussia (now NGF)
-Note the nice, clean CSA. It has also fought a second war and won against USA and friends.
-I am 18th or so right now, having recently conquered Oman. I plan to use that one province as a foothold for some colonization once I get to 16th, hopefully. I really need to get my industrial score up :sad:

its vanilla, I just use a different color scheme which gives more historical colors, for example, Texas is red instead of light blue, Prussia is Prussian blue instead of pale yellow, the UK is pink instead of red, etc. Its called SexiColors or something similar, Google it or something.

EDIT: Also, Australia is the first in a series of games I will be playing of countries that don't exist in the 1836 start. I am looking for what to play next. Only one condition: it must be releasable at the start (its cores must not be divided between countries. So no, Poland is not an option :p )

I tried and played Deseret (releasable from Mexico) for laughs. It got to the point where I actually fought and defeated the USA for Oregon and Washington and I became a Great Power, albeit a low ranking one, just under the USA who was split between me, owning the Pacific coast and the Rockies (including Idaho, Colorado and Arizona), the CSA owning the South, and the USA owning the north.

Sadly I lost the save game when my computer crashed and I had to reboot from the last update which was a month before I started the game. :(

its vanilla, I just use a different color scheme which gives more historical colors, for example, Texas is red instead of light blue, Prussia is Prussian blue instead of pale yellow, the UK is pink instead of red, etc. Its called SexiColors or something similar, Google it or something.

EDIT: Also, Australia is the first in a series of games I will be playing of countries that don't exist in the 1836 start. I am looking for what to play next. Only one condition: it must be releasable at the start (its cores must not be divided between countries. So no, Poland is not an option :p )

california :p

California would be pretty hard, considering its Yankee cultured but starts with 0 Yankees in it. Try Ireland, they have good potential.

Top Bottom