Banished - town building colonization survival game

This is much harder than I thought, and I have another 3 weeks left ... I'm not gonna manage :(

I recently tried that 15x4 orchard approach - it works very well! My town actually had more orchards than fields for once. :D

I just used it to match the farm sizes, 2x8 rows of trees, and the same size farms with 1 farmer each, and you can fit 3 of them into one 15x15 space, so if you want you can easily upgrade them to 15x15 later on (15x13 for orchards).

BAAAAAAAH, why am I punishing myself without games for a month .... I WANT TO PLAY ... but I want my new overpriced latest tech shiny tasty awesome Asus Rog swift monitor first.

Interesting map, I'd love to see more screenshots!

I've upload a save, the game is paused right at the beginning. I'm going to be able to put about 6 hours into it today, I normally play on 2x speed. If anyone else is interested in playing it you can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vd0i6wgvl6nc7z/Save59.sav

I thought it might be interesting if a couple of us play off the same map and see how we compare.
I've started to play this map today.

What did you do with it and how did it work out?

Any other fun projects?
(Really, i lack the creativity to find my own motivating causes in this game. So i'm rather open to suggestions like "play this" or "do/don't XYZ").

Well, I couldnt stand not playing games for so long, and started playing again.

Regarding orchards, going more than 4 tiles wide actually wastes tiles:

I used 7x10 orchards there as they fit in between my market and pastures, but you can see that going 10 wide wasted 2 tiles in the middle, as opposed to two 4 wide orchards.

4x15 with 1 farmer is the most efficient orchard size, but in this screenshot 7x10 was ok as it filled that gap.

What difficulty level is this?

Is the map interesting?

Would you share the seed?

Mine? I'm still using the same map from Reddit I posted earlier with the island start.

Ah, i see. There even is a video.
My bad.

Maybe i'll give this a try later today.

Started today with it. Did notice that people walk through buildings in tutorials.

AI seems to favor idleing a lot as well

Yea its a permanent thing now. Everytime I think of or play banished, all that's on my mind is ....

Ding fries are done, ding fries are done ding fries are done, ding fries are done. Would you like an apple pie with that, would you like an apple pie ...

That the song is permanently on my mind at any thought of this darn game!

I want to play this again but I'm also playing final fantasy 8 and darkest dungeon ...

Banished as well on top would be too much.

So the latest colonial charter mod was working for me, but now this happens:

:(

Brickworks + Glassworks not taking any of the 3 types of furnace fuel even though I have 2000 of it stocked up.

Meh, just needed to build a refinery to convert fuel into furnace fuel.

Also this is a super fishing location:

Does the Colonial Charter mod have a tutorial/intro or plenty of good documentation and advice? I'd like to play some more Banished and vanilla is good but I want more!

Top Bottom