Unique Units

durecellrabbit

Chieftain
Are they suppost to look different? I found that quite a few look just the same as a normal unit, they just have a different name.

well all the units look a bit different. the impi warriors have spotted dress for example, a variation on the warrior. but also the egyptian warriors look different than the roman warriors. the real difference for unique units is in their properties, ie: movement, defense, attack, healing, etc.

they're meant to be direct replacements for those units so they need to look somewhat the same.

look at the civs page to see the difference b/t the worker units. If you don't zoom in, you'd probably never notice. http://civfanatics.com/civrev/civilizations

Ok, I've been looking at this but I can't see anything different between a Horseman and a Keshik, or between a Warrior and a Jaguar Warrior. Is there actually a difference and it's not telling me or I'm not seeing it, or is it just for some feeling of playing a different civilization

well all the units look a bit different. the impi warriors have spotted dress for example, a variation on the warrior. but also the egyptian warriors look different than the roman warriors. the real difference for unique units is in their properties, ie: movement, defense, attack, healing, etc.

they're meant to be direct replacements for those units so they need to look somewhat the same.

All UU have the same stats as the unit they replace unless they get a bonus somewhere else like English Longbowmen. With the exception of warriors all the UU I've seen look the same as the unit they replace leaving the name as the only different.

All UU have the same stats as the unit they replace unless they get a bonus somewhere else like English Longbowmen. With the exception of warriors all the UU I've seen look the same as the unit they replace leaving the name as the only different.

I read the descriptions of the different civs on an IGN preview and it saying they had all these specials units is one of the things that persuaded me to go and buy the game. Dunno about anyone else but i feel pretty cheated that there aren't actually any differences apart from the name. What's the point to give things that are exactly the same different names. Lame imo

That makes them super defense if you have palace and fortified!

Top Bottom