New NESes, ideas, development, etc

I agree actually, but I have a feeling that style must ultimately bow to functionality when it comes down to it. It is kind of hard to read the font on an at a glance basis. And the Numerals were pretty cool, but I also like the Naval Hull Serial type look of the Numbers too. To give the scant crowd of people who actually care something to argue over, here's a candidate listing for fonts:

Spoiler Fonts :

I'm satisfied now that the Marine is better (thanks, man!). Fonts are something I couldn't care less about.

First one on the right collumn. Then again, what really looks just plain bad to me are the Arabic numerals, but I do have an odd affinity of my own for Roman numerals, so who am I to say?

Inquisition FTW!!!! F your alien biome consuming scum!!!!!

Swissempire said:
Inquisition FTW!!!! F your alien biome consuming scum!!!!!

Have to agree with Swiss here. And Dreadnought's profile.

Heretics, mutants, traitors, aliens, all will be crushed beneath the boot of the Black Templars and the treads of the tanks of the Imperial Guard lead by the Shining Light of the Emperor.

FTW, etc, etc.

Also, to preclude this from being labelled as spam, I think a warhammer 40k NES would be very interesting, but somewhat difficult to mod, given all the different aspects to the universe. Maybe an original warhammer, but that wouldn't be as fun, IMHO.

Back on topic, here are my planned stat simplifications on my current ruleset, should I ever get around to doing them.

I'd probably do them in a new NES, unless I got major support from the people in my NES.

Nation Template
Nation Name -Keep, of course
Cities: Capital, if any yet. Major cities will also be listed here. -I could just make a map with city names and drop this section.
Leader: Your Nation's Leader/Your Name -Keep.
Religion: Your Religion. Default religion is animism in uncivilized areas. -Keep
Government: Your government -Keep.
Economy: 2- 2/0 -Possibly keep, possibly adopt the 'provinces' system'.
Population: To be determined by me -Replace with size, which shows relative population. This size stat would not have an effect on spending.
Army: To be determined by me -Get rid of all the numerous individual unit types and replace with Infantry (A balance of melee soldiers, includes archers, will later include soldiers with firearms) and Cavalry (later replaced by armored).
Navy: None -Navy will be divided into Small/Capital ships and Air force will be divided into fighters/bombers/helicopters. Criticize it for simplicity if you will, but remember, these groups each include a variety of unit types, for example capital ships would include numerous destroyers, fewer cruisers, rare battleships and an aircraft carrier if needed. It would be a matter of necessity.
Education: None -Possibly scrap, possibly keep.
Technology: Copper Age -Keep
Confidence: Tolerating -Keep
Culture: None -Culture can be chucked, seriously, a group fighting for a new and idealistic cause should be just as willing or more willing to die for what they believe in than people fighting for an ancient and heavily cultured empire. And culture flipping is kinda stupid. This can be one of the 'unwritten stats', if you wish to call it that.
Wonders: -Maybe keep, maybe scrap. They don't necessarily have to be in the stats. Though they'll probably stay.
Description: Please describe your people's appearance and any interesting things about them. -Keep.

Nope!

The next NES is the next NES, but don't change the rules mid-game, Iggy.

i kind of agree with that iggy on the culture, but it should be there at some point to show the structure of an empire, like if your empire is massive and has so many different cultures in it, unless you care and try to accept those differents people into your society, you could completely fall apart after one serious blowas rebellions pop up everywhere, but hey its your nes

I like NK's new culture stat. Makes much more sense and shows the different internal and external influences. I mean, rating a culture is pretty stupid and inane.

Nope!

I like NK's new culture stat. Makes much more sense and shows the different internal and external influences. I mean, rating a culture is pretty stupid and inane.
How's that work?

BTW, I'm posting PROPOSED rule changes in the LINESII thread. You guys can give me your opinion.

Don't worry, I'm not making drastic changes that will warp gameplay. You'll see them soon. Once I'm finished writing some stuff.

Economy: 2- 2/0 -Possibly keep, possibly adopt the 'provinces' system'.

Province System. or anything else. while intersting, I could never get the hang of how exactly to improve my econemy in the Current LINES. it is just anoying to me.. but I know this is a personal thing, since some others in LINESII really got the hang of it.

Population: To be determined by me -Replace with size, which shows relative population. This size stat would not have an effect on spending.

size stat!

Wonders: -Maybe keep, maybe scrap. They don't necessarily have to be in the stats. Though they'll probably stay.

Always keep the wonders. they are one of the basic foundations of NES and allow nations to do stuff they could not do normaly, or would with some dificulty.

Top Bottom