Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

I think that the Dwarves need both more food and wealth at their capital. Since they are surrouned by goblins and orks, they dont really have anywhere to expand to coupled with Subterainian, this means they basically have a OCC for the entire game with little food and wealth. Also, Astragoth, (Evil Dwarves) has the defaulth Hammurabi Leaderhead and IIRC, no first contact text and custom music. This is the same with The Council of 13, no first contact text and theyre using the Indian diplotract from BTS. ALot of the CHaos civs have non-custom flags and one of the civs (Hodgoblins, IIRC) have the Native American Diplotract. Alot of the Greenskin civs need custom music.

Also, would it be possible to have a smaller Warhammer Map? EG, cut off Lustria, Cathay, and Nippon. Currently my comp has a fair bit of wait time between turns.

Another thing I noticed, The wood elves dont start with Lore of Athel Loren , they start with High Magic.

You should try to make a master bug list at the top of this thread (or in a new thread). Any time a bug is reported, add it to the master list, and do this regularly. There are probably earlier bugs still reported in this thread that haven't been fixed as yet.

There are tons of missing diplomatic text, but I figure thats a low priority.

6. Some reports of Tilea still getting crazy great people (linked to insanity trait, maybe already fixed?).

I'm still seein this a lil. Not as bad as before tho.

8. Warhammer world map; many people cannot run. Goblins and Ork start positions messed up. Evil civ areas are too weak (terrain to poor to sustain a threatening civ). Too many troll lairs in Kislev.

This is the main reason I find playin the Orks and Gobbos not really fun. Also, the Trolls near Kislev spawn like crazy. In 200 turns, there's like 50 trolls. Prolly an exaggeration, but ya know wat I mean.

12. Trails vs roads split isn't working well; some AIs don't prioritize roads techs, so link up no resources so are incredibly weak. Increase AI value on roads techs for appropriate factions?

Maybe you should do wat was done w/ Fall Further (the FfH modmod). In that modmod, only the 2 Lizzie civs can build trails. Maybe the Lizzies, the Beastmen, and possibly a few others (Greenskins?....maybe; I could see them bein too lazy to build real roads and only trails cuz of that). Idk, jus a thought. Prolly should talk to Vehem if this appeals/would work for WHFB.

Maybe you should do wat was done w/ Fall Further (the FfH modmod). In that modmod, only the 2 Lizzie civs can build trails. Maybe the Lizzies, the Beastmen, and possibly a few others (Greenskins?....maybe; I could see them bein too lazy to build real roads and only trails cuz of that). Idk, jus a thought. Prolly should talk to Vehem if this appeals/would work for WHFB.

Ironicly, trails civs seem to be doing better than roads civs. I wonder if its just that the AI tends not to research the roads tech early enough, or if it is just too expensive.

I'd consider putting roads and trails back to crafting, and putting a really high AI weight on crafting. Problem on this is it makes a beeline for crafting a no-brainer tech strategy (like beeline for education tends to be in FFH).
Or reduce the cost to the roads tech.

I also really think that the whole watchtower thing should be fixed or abolished; thats the other prime think holding the AI back. They build watchtowers like crazy in forests before they can clear them and never build over them, so end up with not enough cottages and so terrible tech/economy and become walkovers.

Another solution would be to massively increase the required tech to build watchtowers (construction?) and increase their upgrade rate, so that the AI didn't start spamming them before they got bronze working for forest chopping.

Or to make forests clearing possible (at slow speed, and or with no hammer bonus) from the very start.

Woah....

Never built it before, but building the Grey Order wonder just caused massive bugs everywhere. Almost every number in the game suddenly displays as like some 9 digit number, unit experience, healthiness, happiness, unhappiness... basically the whole game goes AWOL.

I'm running the Estalia/Tilea test version so the save probably isn't much use, but might be worth testing if this is repeatable. I've never built it before, so I can't tell if its the building that is bugged or what.

*edit* not reproduceable from autosave.
The level 2 shadow magic spell "unseen lurker" is completely useless. It has no movement, so it can't attack, but since its invisible, any units can move into the same tile as it without attacking. What is the purpose of this unit??

Attachments

• awol.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 413
Well, not really... you have to move a mage to the relevant tile to cast the spell, and it is a high strength unit. I think it was intended to be able to attack.

In a mod with hawks, it would be the most inefficient scout in creation.

Woah....

Never built it before, but building the Grey Order wonder just caused massive bugs everywhere. Almost every number in the game suddenly displays as like some 9 digit number, unit experience, healthiness, happiness, unhappiness... basically the whole game goes AWOL.

I'm running the Estalia/Tilea test version so the save probably isn't much use, but might be worth testing if this is repeatable. I've never built it before, so I can't tell if its the building that is bugged or what.

WOW im gonnahave to check that out... no clue what could cause it :confused:

*edit* not reproduceable from autosave.
The level 2 shadow magic spell "unseen lurker" is completely useless. It has no movement, so it can't attack, but since its invisible, any units can move into the same tile as it without attacking. What is the purpose of this unit??

i didnt think the unit through well, ill give it one movement point, would that work better?

WOW im gonnahave to check that out... no clue what could cause it

It wasn't the Grey Order, that was coincidence. I had the crash happen again some turns later but was too quick to click through the python message to write it down. It was based on some event though, which makes me think it may have been an animosity bug.

i didnt think the unit through well, ill give it one movement point, would that work better?

Yes, much better. The spell that permanently gives Fear to all units in the stack will also need to be toned down (as fear is toned down, I guess).

All the spells though still need a massive rebalancing, and better text describing what they do. If you can give me a design file, I'll go through and make a ton of suggestions.

Yes, much better. The spell that permanently gives Fear to all units in the stack will also need to be toned down (as fear is toned down, I guess).

as a sudden boost of inspiration i also made the hidden lurker a summonable spy, which can explore rival territory and conduct spy missions :) seems flavourful for shadow magic. (might need to tone down the units strength to compensate)

also, i agree fear is insane atm i have some ideas for toning it down too (make a python call which causes nearby enemies to get -20% strength whenever they attack a unit with fear. ill make terror do -40% strength to attacking enemies. perhaps in addition a 5% chance that enemy units that are attacked by a unit with fear retreat 1 square directly away from the attacker and lose 20% of their health. make terror a 10% chance of fleeing?

ill make spells and such my main focus after the old world civs are done.

Why not just give fear a 50% chance of prevening an enemy attack, instead of 100% as it is now ?

This would keep it's other aspects, but wouldn't be a "you can't attack me !" power anymore...

I widely prefer the strength reduction effect on fear, as fear should only be a lack of discipline and thinking facing big creatures. Terror, on the other hand represent creatures of an awesome size (How much does weight a dragon ?) or truly horrifying in sight (a greater demon aura of warp energy), so it would be fitting to have a percent not to attack the monster (20-40 %)

I like the idea that fear is basically a 20% strength bonus vs units not immune to it (daemons, undead, machinery, units with courage, units immune to psychology) and that terror provides a 30% chance for non-immune units to fail to attack it.
Dragons have to be nasty but killable - particularly since they aren't heroes, they are rebuildable!

If you want both effects (strength bonus and no attacking) then give both promotions to the unit.

I like the idea that fear is basically a 20% strength bonus vs units not immune to it (daemons, undead, machinery, units with courage, units immune to psychology) and that terror provides a 30% chance for non-immune units to fail to attack it.
Dragons have to be nasty but killable - particularly since they aren't heroes, they are rebuildable!

good compromise. ill talk to vehem and see if he can help me code some python for this.

Okay I REALLY need help, ever time i try to load the mod it crashes. I have 0.13 and the latest patch but still it crashes. The other modes don't crash but this one does.

Top Bottom