Civilization V Funny screenshots

I believe it's where the game shows what civ you are. There's a button that says "Edit".

La Venta is one ******ed civilization state

Spoiler :

Wow. I've seen CS's ask for luxuries that are in their land but not improved, but I've never seen them ask for improved resources!

Pretty sure it's not improved until they reach the tech that reveals aluminum. So, while you can see it, they can not.

I forgot to reply to this exchange, but I remembered now and wanted to offer my input.

No, city-states will actually ask you for resources that they already have available and improved. I had Hanoi ask me for Silver when they already had it and had improved it, but I was not their Friend or Ally. So... I became their Ally and immediately completed the quest to get a big boost in Ally status due to sending them their own improved Silver resource.

I forgot to reply to this exchange, but I remembered now and wanted to offer my input.

No, city-states will actually ask you for resources that they already have available and improved. I had Hanoi ask me for Silver when they already had it and had improved it, but I was not their Friend or Ally. So... I became their Ally and immediately completed the quest to get a big boost in Ally status due to sending them their own improved Silver resource.

i got the message after researching electricity, i think. Anyway i was the techlead in the game, so it makes sense that the states wont have it yet.
Pretty cool though, i get free influence.

i got the message after researching electricity, i think. Anyway i was the techlead in the game, so it makes sense that the states wont have it yet.
Pretty cool though, i get free influence.

I probably wasn't too clear, but I was mainly offering info due to the two replies you received after posting the pic. I just wanted people to know that it can happen even in the early game and even if the city-state already has the resource and improved it (i.e., they definitely have it). In that sense, I think that it's even funnier than your experience. :)

Oh hey, the GBR! Maybe there's still an empty spot to settle nearby. ...maybe not ...maybe screw you! :eek:
Did it want to 1up Krakatau?

Spoiler :

Attachments

• GreatWTFReef.jpg
    GreatWTFReef.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 1,587
^Speaking of GBR pictures...

Oh, you wanted to improve this fish tile? Huh? Yeah you did? Yeah screw you.

Spoiler :

This one made me genuinely laugh out loud, not many things in Civ do that to me.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0113.jpg
    Civ5Screen0113.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 1,578
  • Civ5Screen0115.jpg
    Civ5Screen0115.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 1,553
Is is possible that that ox could establish......an Oxen civilization?! :hmm:

Lmao. So the Huns evolved into oxen.
"Evolved", as in, the Huns were less then mere cows then moved up the evolutionary chain? :lol:

So maybe there will be a bison civilization after all!

Of course! Its a secret hint towards the upcoming Bison Rising expansion pack!

I probably wasn't too clear, but I was mainly offering info due to the two replies you received after posting the pic. I just wanted people to know that it can happen even in the early game and even if the city-state already has the resource and improved it (i.e., they definitely have it). In that sense, I think that it's even funnier than your experience. :)

lol, i think i would really fall off the chair, when La Venta asked me to "annex them"

Top Bottom